What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago

Options

Replies

• P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights! I started strength training 3 weeks ago (at home using NROLFW) and love it, though it's caused me to plateau with my weight loss I feel so much stronger and have lost an inch off my waist. Sometimes you just gotta say 'screw the scale'.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    plank for 1 minute
    lady push ups .. arms still not there for "proper" ones
    tricep dips
    breath in and my STOMACHS flat ! :laugh:
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is so inspiring! I've only been seriously using mfp for about a week and a half now, and I can run up the stairs without feeling breathless. I was also able to touch my toes during my yoga today (which I don't think I was ever able to do!) and I managed my whole personalised workout on wii fit plus without having to stop for a breath! Including the full amount of reps of the "jack knife" - my least favourite. I cant wait to see what I'll be able to do in 30 days!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Jump rope.
    I just bought a skipping rope (UK bod lol) and boy, it's so much harder than it was when I was a kid!

Ran 2.6 miles without stopping today :)
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can pass on dessert and I CAN COOK NOW.

I can also do pushups without using my knees....=) Only a few but progress!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    OK, since it's been about a week I thought I'd bump this. Yesterday, I walked up a VERY long, steep hill at a nearby dam, without stopping much and wasn't too out of breath when I got to the top. I couldn't have done that 30 days ago. When it warms up, I plan to go out there more often and do "hills" as my work out and get some hiking in. So, what about you, have you done anything recently that you couldn't have done 30 days previous?
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Yesterday I ran (I use that term loosely) for 4 miles before a walk break and today did 5 sets of pushups totaling 130. (25/30/20/15/40).
  • plum_blossom
    Options
    Not thirty days ago, but from about 5 months ago, I can keep up with my husband's "natural" walking pace in the store. His natural pace is kinda fast, but not anymore. I am right by his side rather than huffing and puffing behind him. It's a good place to be.
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can wear size 38 pants of the same brand that a month ago I was wearing 44's. Granted the 44's were a little loose when I started but that was a big motivator for me to keep going.
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can walk further in one shot w/o being out of breath or having my feet cramp. I started only being able to walk maybe a couple miles at a time, and now i am up to 4.8- working to get to 5 in the time allowed on the treadmill (98min!). i will do it! and i've noticed it's much easier to walk now, not such a battle, and i can go further and faster. i also feel stronger than i did a month ago.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Survive (and love) a women's taekwondo class!

Yay for Taekwondo ladies! :D I adored my taekwondo classes!

I can now do 54 sets of kata instead of only 49. ;) That's karate stuff, for those who were wondering. Guess all that extra practice payed off, eh?
  • Haiir0
    Haiir0 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can hold a few yoga poses for more than a few seconds now! My arms don't shake half as bad during downward facing dog as they used to.

I can also get through 30min on the treadmill at gradual inclines without feeling like I'm going to keel over right there.
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to take a second to congratulate all of you on your progress and also to thank-you for sharing! I am on day 8 of my fitness journey and your stories are inspiring....keep it up and I will too!!!
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Get excited for the gym :) not care about the fact that my stomach is rumbling, know that I WILL accomplish my goals, be the lightest ive been since I can remember!!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    WTG everyone on your awesome progess. Keep It Up!

In the last 30 days I have achieved a LOT:

1 - I can jog for 20 minutes straight before feeling like I need to walk. Last month I was happy to jog for 5 minutes straight.
    2 - I am deadlifting and squatting with more than 100 pounds and still adding weight!
    3 - I can do about 15 full pushups in a row (with elbows flared)...3 weeks ago I could hardly push out 5.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    WTG everyone on your awesome progess. Keep It Up!

And well done to you Linli :)

Ran for 50 minutes today (4.2 miles) so my goal of running 5 miles in an hour non stop is just around the corner (excuse the pun).
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd bring this back up as I'm excited that I can now plank!! I manage to hold it for 30 seconds. Still have far to go but I'll take that!! I've plateaued for 3 weeks now so I'm trying to focus on how much more fit I'm becoming to keep me going.

What about you...what can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago?
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Comfortably Chest press 30kg (up from 15), and comfortably squat 35kg (up from 10) =]

Slow progress is better than no progress!!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    3 unassisted chin-ups in a row. Could do zero thirty days ago. Woo!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Swim 200m front crawl - I can swim lots of lengths of breaststroke but never managed so many front crawl and I have done it twice this week (to prove I really did it the first time). A month ago could not manage 2 lengths of it (200m is 10 lengths in my gym pool)