What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago

Options

Replies

• ghpkap
    ghpkap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Work on the elliptical for 40 minutes then complete 20 minutes of Pilates.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Push-ups!! Well, still the lady kind of push-ups but---I can do a lot of sets without getting too tired!! My upper body is noticeably stronger and my arms have slimmed down too, it feels so AWESOME!!! I will challenge myself to do the manly push-ups once I feel a little more confident. :)
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    Today I managed to jog 2 miles, at 5.3 mph, without having to stop to catch my breath! :)
    I felt like doing a happy dance on the tredmill but I didn't want to ridicule myself at the gym. haha
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I ran nonstop for 42 minutes today--more than a 5k! I was run/walking 30 days ago and was walking more than running.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I could not run on the treadmill very well. Now I'm doing much better. The other night, I was running at 5.2 mph. That is the fastest I've ever had it turned up.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A 5k in under 33 minutes (continuous jogging). A month ago it took 45 and I had to walk a lot.
  • sarah_gwen
    sarah_gwen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Real push-ups! And I can walk out in public without feeling self-conscious :)
  • imajuett
    imajuett Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Run 1.6 miles with no walking. Halfway to my goal of being able to run a 5K. Since the 5K I'm doing isn't until May, I'll have plenty of time to get the other half and improve my speed.
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can sort of touch my toes sometimes under certain conditions! Oh, and I can do more than 100 crunches without feeling like I am about to die.

I can touch my toes no problem. I can even touch my head to my knees. But crunches. No way. I can't even do 20, let alone 100. LOL. Good for you, keep up the good work. One thing I can do now which I couldn't do 30 days ago is a yoga position where I sit in a full lotus and then hold myself up off the ground using my hands.
  • Kathy168
    Kathy168 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You folks are all impressive. I can do 15 minutes on my elliptical. May not seem like much but I could only do 2-3 when I first got it.:smile:

I am with you!!! I am up to almost 30 minutes on my elliptical... could barely manage 5 when I got mine last month! :smile:
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Run a 5k without walking and at a pace that I'm happy with! For now, at least... I WILL be faster by next month!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish Level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Now on day 5, I can get through the whole thing without stopping to rest! Woot.
  • cheshire1865
    Options
    I can finally touch my toes. I have never been the most flexible person and have joint troubles since I was 12 even when I was fit and healthy. Just very pleased about that. I can also work my way through my exercises (squats, calf raises, standing push-ups, ab twists, toe touches, first position plies and 2nd position plies - 100 of each) without stopping for breath.

Woohoo :)
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Totally wear all my jeans.
  • fitzmaster
    fitzmaster Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make it through an Instanity Workout without wanting to pass out ......
  • valeriegoodejimenez
    Options
    I now can walk a mile without stopping something I have never done ever!!!!
  • mtc20729
    Options
    Jump rope.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Hike the most difficult trail in Hocking Hills without having to take a rest break.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Swim 0.25 mile freestyle n under 11 minutes. Note that only 3-4 months ago I could not lift my left arm over my shoulder and I was afraid of the water. Run 3 miles in under 29 minutes. 8-9 months ago I could not jog more than 0.1 of a mile.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I could run 2 kms without stopping in 15 mins, and walk up the rest 3 kms.I couldn't think about this a month ago, I can do 25 squats in one circuit.:happy: