Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options

Replies

• aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast lately because I don't want to have to think about what to eat. I give it a bit more variety for lunch. Nuts, meat, veggies, whole grains, and some fruits mainly.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have to change it up a little. I typically rotate between 3 breakfast choices - Eng muffin, pb & apple or 1 egg, 2 pc turkey bacon, peppers, onions and cheese wrapped in a tortilla or whole wheat pancakes with jelly and 2 pc turkey sausage. Lunch is leftovers or a green giant vegetable steamer with a piece of protein or soup and a sandwich.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I usually do this for a week at a time and then the next week I switch it up slightly by adding or removing something but it's generally much the same.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time yes ! Then I get sick of what I was eating and I don't touch it for weeks haha
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't have the same thing for breakfast every day but if I'm making pancakes on the weekend then I'll probably have a few days of leftovers, same thing with a big pot of steel cut oats. If not then it's usually Kashi Go-lean and 1/2 a banana.

Lunches are either something I made for the week or it's leftovers of the night before every day all week.

I got out of the habit of buying cold-cuts and making sandwiches for the week because the sodium is either way to high or I'm eating reduced sodium coldcuts which actually aren't very good.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same thing for breakfast. On working days, I have plain greek yogurt, a squirt of raw honey, some kashi go lean cereal and a piece of fruit, on non-working days either 2 boiled eggs or 4 scrambled egg whites with baby spinach, oatmeal and a piece of fruit. Because I go home for lunch I have to have something quick such as a wrap with hummus or turkey or homemade soup, though today I had leftovers.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    For the most part i do.mthere is some variance but its generally the same stuff week after week. 1. It's easy and I know the amount I can eat. 2. It's usually filling tasty for that I like. 3. It makes my very busy life that much simpler.
  • alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have Cheerios every morning, but I change it up every day for lunch.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I get on food...kicks. I'll eat the same thing for breakfast (or lunch) for weeks. When I get tired of that or I start craving something else I'll switch over and do that for weeks. It's easier to log and after I've made it 5 or 6 times I have the serving sizes down pat and the preparation process streamlined so it's much faster.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do for breakfast. On weekdays I have a Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt. I alternate between blueberry, strawberry & peach (available in 5 flavors I think). After I eat the yogurt I have a packet of reduced sugar oatmeal, alternating between cinnamon apple and maple brown sugar. Wish they'd make that in more flavors!

On weekends I mix it up a little :)
  • lcostigan
    lcostigan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple! Eating the same (or similar) stuff before work, or during the week just make life much simpler. I just make sure I have the staples to make these meals and they I don't have to worry or fuss about what to bring or think about where to go and how many calories these 'other' things are. I save that kind of fun for the weekend! :-)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    a packet of oatmeal, 2 tbsp of oat bran, and (if I have it), half a banana. It's yummy and delicious, plus a nutrition bonanza. I used to eat a 1/3 cup oat bran, 1/3 cup greek yogurt, and 1 tbsp of honey. It came out to the same amount of sugar, so now I treat myself to different oatmeal flavors.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same thing for breakfast, but mostly because it's easy. I make a quinoa-oatmeal (though I substitute Bob's 9-grain cereal for the oatmeal) bake and it makes six servings, which almost covers my week. All I do in the morning is add a little almond milk and warm it up in the microwave. Quick, easy, and very tasty. Lunch is either dinner leftovers or a salad, which I make up the evening before. I get tired of salads after a while so need to change it up.
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    I have porridge every day because its easy to buy the sachets and keep them at work and microwave them. Would def recommend eating same thing if its easy, eg i eat soup every day because u can get loads of different types and again...microwave :)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I've been having porridge for breakfast every morning for soooooo long now, but I love it

Sure when the summer comes in, our change it up

Not really a lunch person, a big breakfast keeps me going
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Not really a breakfast person on workdays, but 8 oz OJ plus medications/supplements is 1st thing consumed 7 days/week. A few days ago I added 24 oz of water as well to get a headstart of water intake.
    Some days breakfast will also include pineapple greek yogurt plus fiber powder (extra 9g fiber) and/or a banana or two, depending on how I feel.

Lunch: When teleworking, almost alway a fruit platter (high fiber) and various options for protein. When on job site, we have an EXCELLENT cafe with healthy options, so I choose something from their menu.

Dinner: Anything goes. I'm a fan of leftovers so often eat same thing 2-3 days in row. I often pre-cook 2-3 days worth of protein (e.g. B/S chicken breast) in a generic/bland manner (e.g. boiled) so I can customize it for whatever I have a taste for that night (e.g. stir fry, pasta, etc.) I find that if I have to cook from absolute scratch after work or evening workout, I'll snack on a bunch of crap while waiting for the food to be ready.
  • Pinkfrk
    Pinkfrk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm single, so repeating a meal plan for the week is incredibly effective (cost-wise and preparation-wise) for me. My brother is a personal trainer, so he's been kind of guiding me on meals, and he says that repetition is okay, but to try to change it up every week a little bit.

I just re-vamped my breakfast by discovering the BEST a.m. smoothie EVER. It packs 40grams of protein, so it keeps me incredibly satisfied until lunch. I still eat a snack at 10, but it's amazing how filling and yummy this is. It's my version of a Green Monster:

a couple handfuls of spinach
    1 TBS peanut butter
    1 cup of vanilla coconut milk (or any you like)
    1 frozen banana cut into slices
    1 TBS chia seeds
    1 scoop gold standard french vanilla 100% whey protein powder

The spinach makes it sound NASTY, but it's not. It's bright green and all you taste is the peanut butter and banana, and the protein powder adds a yummy kick on the sweetness.

Usually for snack I'll do edamame (1cup packs as much as a chicken breast), then some variation on chicken for lunch w/a veggie, another veggie or nuts for an afternoon snack, and then a light, protein-packed dinner w/a veggie, but low in calories. Post workout (i workout at night), i'll do another protein shake.

I am totally fine with monotony, so this keeps me on track and keeps it simple for me. My breakfast has been the same for a few weeks because the smoothie is easy and packed w/nutrients, but every week i'll change up the snacks and lunch just to give me some variety. :)
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to work, I always have a protein shake. On the days I'm off, I have eggs or waffles or bisquits. So, one could easily tell where I am by my breakfast.

That's kind of sad now that I think about it...
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of breakfasts, depending on how much time I have:

--Breakfast: a bowl of cereal (Corn Chex, Cheerios, or Rice Crispies), a fresh fruit, and milk
    --Frozen breakfast meal (two pancakes and turkey sausage)
    --Fried egg, toast, fruit
    --Scrambled egg with cheese, toast, fruit

For lunch, I end up eating a lot of frozen meals. I know they're high in sodium but they're also quick and easy and controlled in a way that our office canteen isn't! I also have lots of salads with meat and cheese on them. (Usually chicken leftover from our Monday night rotisserie chicken meal). I map out the week (see below) and make my salad lunches at the same time as I make the dinner salads, or while DH cleans up the dinner dishes.

I also have started planning meals in advance. Sunday night, I plan meals for the entire week and make a grocery list. I go grocery shopping after work on Monday. I'm only 4 weeks into it, so I can't claim it's a habit yet, but I'm working on making it one. When I have a plan, we eat better, we eat in instead of eating out, and we eat more fresh fruits and veggies. (Our grocery bill has gone up, but our dining out costs have decreased more)

So, tonight we're having rotisserie chicken, ribeye tomorrow, tortellini on Wednesday, taco salad Thursday, leftovers Friday, Chicken Cordon Bleu (frozen) Saturday and we're going to Applebee's Sunday night. Knowing this now takes away the nightly "what should we have for dinner?" question--which keeps me way more on track. (Yes, I measure or weigh each of those so I know how many calories I'm taking in!)

So, I vote for a plan--for all meals.
  • KpieS86
    Options
    I generally eat the same thing for breakfast and for lunch during the week, and the same snacks. For breakfast it's usually 2 bran/flax muffins (from Allrecipes.com, substituting applesauce for the oil, and using half whole wheat flour) toasted with some Earth Balance Soy-free spread. For a mid-morning snack, I cut up an apple or two into small pieces and snack on that throughout the morning (I feel like I'm eating a lot when I'm really not!) and for lunch, it's pretty much always a salad made at home the night before: lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper, spinach... add ins are different: leftover chicken, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, leftover cooked corn or peas...whatever we have usually. Homemade balsamic vinaigrette. No cheese! No croutons! After lunch I have a small serving of teddy grahams or pretzel sticks... something crunchy and carb-y so I feel like I'm getting that in during the day. And then cut up carrots/red bell pepper/cucumber... sometimes with ranch dressing, sometimes not.

To be honest, I eat that like that so that everything is streamlined, I know what I'm having for breakfast/lunch, I can make it the night before (because I am not a morning person!!!), I know the calorie content, and I'm not spending $10-$15 for lunch/breakfast everyday. There is a great sandwich/coffee shop down the road if I feel bored with my lunch, and sometimes I bring leftovers to warm up if I want hot food versus a salad!