Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    for the most part i do especially breakfast which is usually toast with peanut butter and right now i'm on a strawberry jam kick. lunch is usually dinner from the night before and i'll eat the left overs until they're gone.
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing almost everyday for breakfast. I have a Nature Valley Fruit & Nut bar and a Yoplait light yogurt. I mostly do that because they are quick and convenient for me to take no matter if I am going to work or play.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    That works for a lot of people, but I'm not one of them. I have to follow what I'm craving or else I'll end up binging later.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    I do this just because I'm picky about what i eat in the morning. Usually i will just have a protein shake which ties me over until lunch
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    its all up to whether you can handle repetition in the foods you eat or if you get bored easily. i started having the same foods everyday after i worked out a balance for my macros, adding in all the foods i love and know would keep me happy (blueberries and frozen yogurt haha). it is unusual at first but it really just becomes routine/habit. i find that for me it made me think of eating as a daily task rather then a way to celebrate etc. i still love the foods i eat (and if i get bored i just cook them in different ways :) )
    hope you find what suits you. x
  • mghanie
    mghanie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast everyday and i love it. I eat 1 apple with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 cup of milk. Today I decided to add a little granola to my apples and some cinnamon it was goood.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works for me. Check my diary, Monday through Friday breakfast, lunch, and morning snack are always the same.
  • lovinglife80
    Options
    Has anybody read the book and followed the meal plan by Christine Avanti "skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salad"?
  • dkmilton
    dkmilton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I generally eat the same thing for breakfast every day - plain oatmeal with raisins and natural applesauce mixed in along with a cup of coffee. Even as a kid I always ate the same thing for breakfast (although then it was the sugary oatmeal). Every now and then I may have something different but 98% of the time it is the same thing and it works for me. :)
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to keep my breakfast and lunch the same for a week at a time then switch it up. that will help with logging too!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I absolutely could not do that o.O
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    pretty much eat Cheerios for breakfast and a PB&J or Bologna sandwich for lunch every day
  • Ange0NZ
    Ange0NZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I always vary my lunches but do tend to eat the same breakfast each day (just a preference because I love it). For breakfast I usually have a diced apple with non-fat yoghurt, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on top. Have found that to be more satisfying and keeps me full until my morning snack (which is usually a protein shake after my workout).
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    WHat I did was make 4 meal plans with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks(if you want).

Then i would eat 1 plan for a week then do another plan. So you change meals every week.

I like this idea. It might be very helpful to me. I do pretty much have a standard breakfast but then it all usually goes downhill from there. Dr gave me 12 weeks to lower cholesterol or meds. Just don't need more meds in my life.
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    nutrition wise variety is best to ensure you get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs.

In the week I will choose from hard boiled egg sandwich, poached egg on toast or a bowl of porridge and if I am feeling lazy / tired - sultana bran with milk, cornish pasty or a chicken sandwich. At the weekends I tend to get up later to save the calories for lunch.