S/O name tattoed

Options
ekkand
ekkand Posts: 592 Member
Does anyone have their significant others name tattooed on them? If so, where?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    A girl I used to work with had her baby's daddy's nickname tattoo'd on her neck. "Nutt"

She was pretty classy.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Not really answering your question...but contributing to the thread...

NO...NEVER!!
  • ekkand
    Options
    Oh wow. Baby daddy's name on her neck? That screams classy
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It's a big no-no to tattoo someone's name on your body. What if you break up/divorce? Then you got some person's name on your body forever and you either have to get it lasered off or you need to get a cover-up. Not worth the pain/money IMO.
  • ekkand
    Options
    Eh I have mine on me and I personally love it. I don't think about having to cover it or get it removed but if I ever did, it would just be closing a chapter in my life and starting a new one with a new tattoo
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.
  • ekkand
    Options
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.
    I personally think that's crap but ok. Lol people who believe a tattoo can "curse" a relationship of any kind are ridiculous.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Bad ideea in my opinion.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Never.
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    sure do..its just under my collar bone but weve been together for 17 years and our baby has his name as her middle name so if we should split then her name will go above his and problem solved lol
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Son's name on one arm...wife's name on the other.

I'm going to have my son's name covered and "moved"...I don't like the original tat anymore and will eventually get it covered up and have my son's name tatted somewhere else.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Fortunately my nickname for my SO is 'mom' so if we ever break up I can just pretend like it stands for 'men or marauders.'
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I personally think that's crap but ok. Lol people who believe a tattoo can "curse" a relationship of any kind are ridiculous.

yeah, i personally think people who get their bf or gfs name tattooed on their body are ridiculous. Opinions are like a$sholes huh! Everyone has one.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Yep... My tattoo artist refuses to do it. Not that I'd ever anyways.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    That's basically a hex.

Good luck to ya.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have my kids names, I told my wife I will get her name tattooed on our 25 anniversary.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I will be getting my kids' names and birth dates soon, but that's it. Names are taboo for tats. Maybe after we've been together for 25 years, but I doubt it even then.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Just no. If I didn't give birth to you, your name and "tattoo" are strangers - never the twain shall meet.

As a former tattoo/piercing apprentice, I absolutely believe in the Curse. I've seen a lot of stuff, man... I've seen a lot of stuff..

:smokin:

Edited to fix atrocious grammar.

Also, DYAC!!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    It's a big no-no to tattoo someone's name on your body. What if you break up/divorce?

My wife has mine on her.

But, to be fair, I have a pretty common name and she should be able to replace me with someone with the same name easily enough.
  • ekkand
    Options
    Why does everyone think about "if we break up" or " if I need to get it covered up"
    Why not enjoy the tattoo for now? Why are so many people on here pessimists? Geeze

Btw, curses aren't real. Especially because of a tattoo. So stupid