S/O name tattoed

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.
    I personally think that's crap but ok. Lol people who believe a tattoo can "curse" a relationship of any kind are ridiculous.
    have my husbands name on my back. Got it about 7 years ago. We've been married 20 years. So much for a curse ha? LOL
    Our relationship is stronger now and we're happier now than the day we married. Never thought I could love him more than I did the day we married but yup... love him him even more now. I have 3 flowers...one for each of our children and his name runs through it.

Yeah but having the tattoo didn't make your marriage stronger
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Love Tats. Have several. Would NOT love getting a persons name tattooed on me. Wouldn't do that unless they were my own Flesh&Blood.
  • I would. I do not believe in curses, period. I KNOW my husband and will stay together, no doubt in my mind.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    I know a guy that has "LINDA" on his arm for wife #1. He has been married three times...all three have been Linda with the middle wife spelling her name Lynda.

He's single now......I bet he's looking for a Linda!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.
    I personally think that's crap but ok. Lol people who believe a tattoo can "curse" a relationship of any kind are ridiculous.
    have my husbands name on my back. Got it about 7 years ago. We've been married 20 years. So much for a curse ha? LOL
    Our relationship is stronger now and we're happier now than the day we married. Never thought I could love him more than I did the day we married but yup... love him him even more now. I have 3 flowers...one for each of our children and his name runs through it.

Yeah but having the tattoo didn't make your marriage stronger
    I didn't say it did.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you from experience! We were married for six years when we got our names tattooed on eachother and we were divorced a year later. It's not a good idea. Now, I'm shopping for a cover up.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    3 guys have my name tattooed on them. 2 exes and my husband. I only have my husband's name tattooed on me. It's on the nape of my neck. He's not just my "S/O" though, he's my soulmate. I've never thought "well I'll just cover it up if we divorce" because I know he's my forever.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Why does everyone think about "if we break up" or " if I need to get it covered up"
    Why not enjoy the tattoo for now? Why are so many people on here pessimists? Geeze

Btw, curses aren't real. Especially because of a tattoo. So stupid

Enjoy it for now? Ummm, maybe because tattoos aren't temporary. You're 24, when you turn 40 and have 6 other guy's names tattoo'd on you you will look back and see that we are right.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    I don't have my fiance's name, but I did get "and I wonder..." tatted on my side...lyrics from Everlong...our song. =)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    I'm not a big fan of names tattood. Just personal preference. But I would get our anniversary date tattooed with a heart or something. And I would love to get wedding ring tattoos!
  • moosegt35
    I've not got a tattoo of my partners name but we do talk about it :-) it's just like getting a family members name on your body, it's no different.. The only time i have a problem with people getting their boyfriends/girlfriends name tattooed on them, is when they have a relationship like the people on Jeremy Kyle hahahaha

But if they seem genuinely in love & like tattoo's, then why not? I would get my boyfriends name tattooed on me, somewhere private that's not always on show :-)

It is absolutely nothing even similar to the same as a family members name. Kids these days.
  • moosegt35
    4c650059-8e59-4349-bfa9-64c40668b394_zps61d47d62.jpg

I love mine, it's small and private (its usually covered by my underwear) and I think it's beautiful

pics?
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    I don't have my fiance's name, but I did get "and I wonder..." tatted on my side...lyrics from Everlong...our song. =)

I think this is good. Or something symbolic. I have stargazers because that was the bouquet I carried on our wedding day. I thought he was my "forever" too. When we divorced, I didn't have to worry about a cover-up. And I still have a rockin tattoo.
  • A girl I used to work with had her baby's daddy's nickname tattoo'd on her neck. "Nutt"

She was pretty classy.

This made my day :laugh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    No.
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Why names? How boring. You want to honor someone, create some beautiful art that means something. Make it personal, and special. What's in a name?
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Tattoos are a personal thing, not everyone understands expressing yourself that way and surely people don't know why you chose something or what it means to you. I don't subscribe to the curse theory, tho I guess its a convenient thing to "blame" for a failed relationship. But at the end of the day, if I choose to honor someone on my body whether by name, picture, symbol... I would hope that the ecclectic srlf expressionists that the tattoo community is would accept my choice. And if the artist has moral issues with it, I guess you go elsewhere. Shame tho, you would think that we would want to support othrrs self-expression regardless of the format.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    I have my children along with their footprints...no other name will be tatted on this body.
  • I have my children along with their footprints...no other name will be tatted on this body.

I have both of my kids' names tattooed on my forearm where my praying hands are. The only other names i'm putting on my skin are my mother's name and both my grandparents' names. My wife knows that i'm not putting her name on my body............and she accepts that.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    I have a friend who got her husband's name tattooed on her ring finger when they got married. After they divorced, when she was looking to have it removed/lasered, they told her the ink would probably spread and leave an even larger blotch of ink. So she opted to have it surgically cut out. Now it's just a scar, which is covered by a real wedding ring from her current husband.

You know what they say, the tattoo usually lasts longer than the relationship.