S/O name tattoed

Options

Replies

• 1MariaChristina
    1MariaChristina Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eh I have mine on me and I personally love it. I don't think about having to cover it or get it removed but if I ever did, it would just be closing a chapter in my life and starting a new one with a new tattoo

I have two for him actually, but one is his initials in white and then I have his lucky number tattooed on me in a star shape so juuuust incase anything happens and we aren't together I can cover them.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Tattoos, but no names. I am 110% confident that we will always be together, but it's something my husband I both feel very strongly about it. We have no doubts about our marriage (9 great years and counting), but the name game just isn't for us. I don't however, necessarily feel like it's a "curse". Everyone expresses their love in their own way and that's their right. I, personally, almost feel like it's territorial. We do however, have matching cross tattoos.

Edit: I also have our wedding flower (a calla lily) tattooed on my foot.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    nope, i dont think i ever would either. Just my kids names
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yep sure do! It's right above my left b00b
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    A lot of tattoo artists will warn against getting an S/O's name tattoed. It is considered bad luck (almost as bad as getting a single swallow tattoed on you). For me, I would consider getting an image symbolizing the relationship before I would get a name.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    heehee my good friend in college had her ex-bf's name tattooed behind her ear, and her ex-bf had her name tattooed on his hand...from her complaining about it nonstop when she was drunk i think i will never get someone's name tattooed on me.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    No way. Not now, not ever. That's just asking for trouble. I wouldn't mind having a tattoo that would compliment one of his, but he doesn't want any tattoos.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't need to write my husbands name on me, I'm perfectly capable of remembering it
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Wedding/marriage/SO tats a no-no for me ever.
    You only get names of:
    1. Pets
    2. Kids
    3. Blood relatives
    4. Dead people

My parents split at 20 years. Some people divorce after like 40+ years.

My best friend (currently 20, got it at 19) has a bride and groom tattoo on her whole side that says "till death do us part". She got married at 19. Maybe they'll last, but it's not classy looking.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    A girl I used to work with had her baby's daddy's nickname tattoo'd on her neck. "Nutt"

She was pretty classy.

My artist calls neck tats"everlasting job stoppers"
  • ellebegood
    Options
    I don't need to write my husbands name on me, I'm perfectly capable of remembering it

EXACTLY!!!
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The only names that I would get tattooed are my kids'.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yep! My husband and I have each other's nicknames on our fingers. We don't wear wedding bands... he can't for his job, already has had his finger almost torn off once. I didn't realize it was his right hand and not the left when his friend sent me a picture at 2 am one morning so I tease him telling him there are less drastic measure he could've taken to get it removed.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've got my husband's zodiac symbol, along with mine and our 2 children, on my foot.
    The way I see it, regardless of our marital status, he's a part of my family, I'm connected to him for life.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is to only tattoo names of people that are guaranteed to be forever - Like my kids. Given MY marriage track record, I would have been crazy to tattoo any of their names on my body, anywhere.

I do, tho, have my puppy's name tattooed under her paw print inside my left wrist. It was the worst (and most unexpected) loss of any pet I have ever had.
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    99% of people I know that do that break up within a year.

edited cause i cant spell within lol
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, I am not a piece of property. That is my opinion of course, any one that does have one of their SO doesn't bother me, nor do I feel it curses or causes a problem with their relationship. I just would never do it.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Not a name, but I have "Amour Vincit Omnia" on my back (small) and on the bottom of that is our anniversary date.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.
    I personally think that's crap but ok. Lol people who believe a tattoo can "curse" a relationship of any kind are ridiculous.
    have my husbands name on my back. Got it about 7 years ago. We've been married 20 years. So much for a curse ha? LOL
    Our relationship is stronger now and we're happier now than the day we married. Never thought I could love him more than I did the day we married but yup... love him him even more now. I have 3 flowers...one for each of our children and his name runs through it.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It is a fantastic idea to get a S/O's name tattooed on you! Said no person with reasoning skills ever