S/O name tattoed

Replies

• mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    4c650059-8e59-4349-bfa9-64c40668b394_zps61d47d62.jpg

I love mine, it's small and private (its usually covered by my underwear) and I think it's beautiful

pics?

This is beautiful! I love it
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    4c650059-8e59-4349-bfa9-64c40668b394_zps61d47d62.jpg

I love mine, it's small and private (its usually covered by my underwear) and I think it's beautiful

pics?
    Pics of what?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Dumbest idea ever.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Not only no, but HELL NO!

However, my husband's nickname is "Bird", and I have a swallow tattooed on my shoulder, so in a way, I do have his name tattooed on me.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Dumbest idea ever.

This.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    I would never....
  • Why does everyone think about "if we break up" or " if I need to get it covered up"
    Why not enjoy the tattoo for now? Why are so many people on here pessimists? Geeze

Btw, curses aren't real. Especially because of a tattoo. So stupid

I guess this is the generation where if something breaks we throw it out and dont even try to fix it...
  • I have my own name tattooed on my foot, so that it’s easier to identify my body, you know just in case lol!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    A friend of mine & her hubby got each other's initials tattoed on them. They're divorced now. She's thinking of how to change the tattoo into something else. Don't do it!
  • MadameMoustache
    MadameMoustache Posts: 54 Member
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.

Agree with this.
    My ex tattoo artist's boyfriend is always tattooing s/o names so dark, that even laser would have a hard time getting it off. And he was informing his customers of that. "You want a name tattooed? Here : You'll really have it for the rest of your days!"

I actually prefer to have something that symbolize my relationship with this person than having his/her name. Even after the break up, it doesn't matter to me to have something to remember a specific chapter in my life. My tattoos are a kind of diary on my body.

Actually, the only "names" tattooed on me are 2 old school style tattoos on each of my calves saying "Mom" and "Dad". Yup, I'm that cheesy!
  • My boss has her husbands name tattooed on her. His name is Joe so she jokes around that if they ever divorced she could just turn it into "jesus, mary, and joseph. hah
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I have my own name tattooed on my foot, so that it’s easier to identify my body, you know just in case lol!

Brilliant! Although...

Maybe you should have done it on your torso... In case you hands and feet get cut off... Your head, hands and feet are probably automatically easier to trace than the average torso...
  • My husband and I BOTH have the word "FAITH" tatted on our bodies. He put my name on his forearm and its very pretty. I do not need him to do that to know he loves me though. Our FAITH in each other shows me , not a tattoo...
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Would I personally ever get my fiance's name tattooed on me? No. I think it's bad luck and I don't need to brand my guys name on me to show that I love him/ am with someone. (again, *my* personal opinion)

However, if there are people that have them and like them- then more power to you. Tattoos are art work and a means for most people to express some type of artistic sentiment or feeling. I can appreciate someone's tattoo without personally liking it.
  • I have my own name tattooed on my foot, so that it’s easier to identify my body, you know just in case lol!

Brilliant! Although...

Maybe you should have done it on your torso... In case you hands and feet get cut off... Your head, hands and feet are probably automatically easier to trace than the average torso...

Truth!!!
    I'm going to get give myself a present when i reach goal weight, maybe it's a new tattoo :wink:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I would never tattoo someone's name on me. BUT if things had worked out with my ex I would have gotten a tattoo to match his (because his was super cute and I adored it).
  • I had a tribal sun on my arm to represent my ex-wife (Her name was Sunshine) and I recent got it covered with the Batman piece in my profile. Never again.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    No, definitely not. My kids names are in an ambigram on my wrist, and my grandmothers initials on my back in a memorial piece- but those are the only ones ever gong on my body.
  • I would sooner do something like that than get the name. If you wanted to keep the sun you could have. I understand why you covered it but it would have been easier to keep that than "Sunshine".
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Nope. I have many tattoos, but I will never put a guy's name on my body. Except for my son.