calories and weight loss

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jamesagnew717
    Options
    [/quote]

Information from a dot-com website doesn't count. Try bringing information from medical and science journals (preferably meta-analyses).
    [/quote]

:noway:

so you don't believe a word i am saying then ?

why don't you do this then, go to your doctor and ask him to check your blood sugar levels after eating your processed foods that you love so much , then come back and tell me that it did not have an affect on your blood sugar levels, there is no more proof i can give to you that will make you convinced , so go to your doctor

it seems that people need to be totally convinced about what this processed food it doing to them :sad:
  • jamesagnew717
    Options

does a monkey or a giraffe count calories ? how about a cow or a horse ?

they eat green , and they eat fruit, yet they are huge and have loads of muscles ? they are not fat and obese ?

Horses commonly get a form of diabeties from eating too rich grass, its called laminitis - very painful, and can kill them.

the point i am trying to bring across here was that the animals in nature dont count calories, they eat as much as they want
    and there is nothing processed about this food, just comes direct from the ground with water and sunlight
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Animals in nature also tend to stay active the whole day.
    Guess what - while staying active the whole day and eating processed food I managed to do pretty well.
    I only joined MFP when my activity decreased.

Saying 'FACT' in capitals as if that makes what ever you say true is the sort of thing a 'troll' would do - as it in fact doesn't make anything any more factual.

Then going on to link to more opinion which isn't backed up by studies - again, something a 'troll' would do to provoke people into questioning them

I've probably already posted it at least once on this thread, but here we go again
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-science-of-nutrition-is-a-carb-a-carb.html
    Yes, it does reference scientific studies.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've been doing calories in VS calories out as well as focusing on how many carbs I eat for some time. Seems to be working for me.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

does a monkey or a giraffe count calories ? how about a cow or a horse ?

they eat green , and they eat fruit, yet they are huge and have loads of muscles ? they are not fat and obese ?

Horses commonly get a form of diabeties from eating too rich grass, its called laminitis - very painful, and can kill them.

the point i am trying to bring across here was that the animals in nature dont count calories, they eat as much as they want
    and there is nothing processed about this food, just comes direct from the ground with water and sunlight

What a ridiculous statement.

Animals in nature don't need to count calories because they don't emotionally eat, binge, eat for pleasure, etc. They eat when they need to,and stop when they are full. Also, they don't have bacon.
  • jamesagnew717
    Options
    ok then,

i am wrong

you are all correct,

eat whatever you want and stay sick

and processed sugar will make you thin , see ? that what you want to hear ?

discussion is over
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

Information from a dot-com website doesn't count. Try bringing information from medical and science journals (preferably meta-analyses).

:noway:

why don't you do this then, go to your doctor and ask him to check your blood sugar levels after eating your processed foods that you love so much , then come back and tell me that it did not have an affect on your blood sugar levels, there is no more proof i can give to you that will make you convinced , so go to your doctor

it seems that people need to be totally convinced about what this processed food it doing to them :sad:

The argument isn't that eating sugar will raise your blood sugar levels. That's obvious. Your argument is that high blood sugar levels cause the body to store extra fat, so that eating foods that cause blood sugar to spike will cause weight gain relative to the same calories of a lower glycemic index food. Which not only goes against all of nutritional science, but violates the laws of physics, specifically thermodynamics.

Oh, and just because a food is "processed" (whatever that means) doesn't mean that it will cause a spike in blood sugar. There are some pretty healthy microwave dinners out there these days. You seem to be mixing up processed sugar with processed foods in general.

Short version: No, I do *not* believe a word you are saying .
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    ok then,

i am wrong

you are all correct,

discussion is over

:laugh:

I am actually the healthiest I've been in years. And I still eat sugar and processed carbs.
  • EveryNameWasTaken
    Options
    eating that many banana's could spike your potassium and therefor cause way more problems then weight gain
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I think all of you got trolled hard. lol

therefore this is all we are discussing, how certain calories affect our weight whilst other calories will not

FACT

ALL calories effect your weight loss - a calorie = a calorie = a calorie = a calorie. There aren't different types of calories, there are different types of foods.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Seriously this is epic epic trolling. And hilarious.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    ok then,

i am wrong

you are all correct,

eat whatever you want in moderation and lose weight!

and limited amounts of processed sugar will not kill you., see ? that what you want to hear ?

discussion is over

FIXT

ETA: I love processed sugar on my morning donut when I can squeeze it into my calorie budget. Nom nom.
  • mats613
    mats613 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ok then,

i am wrong

you are all correct,

discussion is over

it is healthier for me to be slim than obese, even if i might not be eating perfectly healthy to get there. hey, it's not like vegies and tofu were what got me fat in the first place lol.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Seriously this is epic epic trolling. And hilarious.

^^^This! As if we needed this guy to show up here to save us all from the dangers of the debil sugar and lead is to the promised land of health!! lol

Listen to SideSteel. Step away from the Taubes book and no one will get hurt!
    You are obviously unclear about the whole science of fat gain and loss if you think it all boils down to insulin. Props for a major trolling job though. :drinker:
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Do we all get troll t shirts at the end of this or what?
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Not sure if troll or really, really high. The "sentence structure" and unbelievable level of nonsense suggests really, really high.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    So no t shirt then:sad:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

No.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

No.

FACT.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

No.

FACT.

Dammit. Beat me to it. I've been waiting for the right time to place that card and I missed it.