Ladies, what qualities do you like in Men?

Options

Replies

• Courtky
    Options
    Someone who understands me, who is able to make me laugh & is willing to help out with house stuff! Needs to be a little romantic.. :) Someone who doesn't try to be someone he's not.. =)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Come on ladies.. let's be honest. Most want a 6 pack, a 10 inch cawk, and a 6 figure income. Full head of hair is a plus too.

No. No. No. No.

All we want is to feel desirable, wanted and loved. That's it. Okay, a little sex-appeal is always a bonus :wink:.

Bulllllllllsheeeeeeeeeeet. I'm sure if some less than attractive chubby guy starts hitting on you, desiring you one might say, you're probably going to react a hell of a lot different if Mr. 8% body fat does the same exact thing. Been there done that. Not that I'm 8% body fat by an stretch of the imagination but at 290 I was flat out turned down 100% of the time right out the gate. Some girls even walked away without even speaking back. At 230ish at least I actually get a chance to talk for a couple minutes, though there is still a clear "Oh, heavy guy" vibe women put out. Seriously ladies, drop the nice girl act. You're not fooling anyone.
    *cough* Again

OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO THE WRONG WOMEN.

Or as someone already pointed out, it's both genders doing it... Mr. 8% probably wouldn't be interested in me either. I have cellulite, stretch marks, and a bad attitude. But I do not hold it against Mr. 8% or Jessica Alba who still has flawless skin and can get Mr. 8%, after all I found someone that loves me for me. Now relax, and stop being a diva.

I'm attracted to all kinds of women. Most men are. It has very little to do with that. It makes sense to cast the widest net possible. I'm just speaking out of experience. Most of the feel good answers the ladies have been giving flat out don't apply when it comes to getting your foot in the door.
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Women only like guys who have lots of skills.

Computer hacking skills

oh I have lots of those :laugh:

Why am I still single :sad:
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Someone that I can trust and someone that trusts me too. Someone who is funny, intelligent and a handyman. I like scruff on the face. I like bald and a head full of hair so that doesn't really matter to me...nice arms and shoulders but the most important is a great sense of humor and trust...had a cheating ex husband and then a over-bearing possessive stalker ex boyfriend...uggghhh...lol
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Come on ladies.. let's be honest. Most want a 6 pack, a 10 inch cawk, and a 6 figure income. Full head of hair is a plus too.

No. No. No. No.

All we want is to feel desirable, wanted and loved. That's it. Okay, a little sex-appeal is always a bonus :wink:.

Bulllllllllsheeeeeeeeeeet. I'm sure if some less than attractive chubby guy starts hitting on you, desiring you one might say, you're probably going to react a hell of a lot different if Mr. 8% body fat does the same exact thing. Been there done that. Not that I'm 8% body fat by an stretch of the imagination but at 290 I was flat out turned down 100% of the time right out the gate. Some girls even walked away without even speaking back. At 230ish at least I actually get a chance to talk for a couple minutes, though there is still a clear "Oh, heavy guy" vibe women put out. Seriously ladies, drop the nice girl act. You're not fooling anyone.
    *cough* Again

Or as someone already pointed out, it's both genders doing it... Mr. 8% probably wouldn't be interested in me either. I have cellulite, stretch marks, and a bad attitude. But I do not hold it against Mr. 8% or Jessica Alba who still has flawless skin and can get Mr. 8%, after all I found someone that loves me for me. Now relax, and stop being a diva.

I'm attracted to all kinds of women. Most men are. It has very little to do with that. It makes sense to cast the widest net possible. I'm just speaking out of experience. Most of the feel good answers the ladies have been giving flat out don't apply when it comes to getting your foot in the door.

How are you approaching them? The wrong approach will get the door slammed in your face with a quickness!
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    For me i want a guy with a fun and outgoing personilty
    Also i want a guy who will make me laugh 24\7
    Maybe i might take him to the room .
    I want everything lol in a man .
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify from you ladies who listed non-physical qualities.

So physical attraction doesn't play into the quality you're looking for in a guy? Granted that's subjective I know. But basically are you saying, if the guy looks good on paper he's good to go?

We're saying that the entire package is considered, and that certain outstanding qualities can make up for other, less desirable ones.

For what it's worth, for me the physical attraction is broken down into three categories. Tall, handsome face, fit body. If he has at least two out of three, no matter what combination, I'll probably find him physically attractive. But all manner of bad personality traits can shut down physical attraction real quick.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My husband of 25 years..loyal, honest, 6 pack, handsome, BFF, trustworthy, great father,Loves the Lord, treats me like a queen, unselfish..puts me before his own needs, great lover...one extremely smart and hard worker, Excellent provider, I have been able to stay home since our first baby arrived..been home ever since..20 plus years..I love all of these things in MY MAN..Im truly blessed!
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Most of women have said already written down what I'm looking for: kind-hearted, intelligent, family oriented, hard worker, respectful, nice eyes/smile, et al., but I'd also like to add that his weirdness has to be compatible with mine. Also, he has to be willing to help out around the house. Doesn't have to be taller than me.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

I can only speak from my experience, I dated a variety of men when I was single. All body types, all personalities as well. The idea that you have not found at least one woman that has given you the time of day seems a bit far fetched, you either live in the rudest neighborhood ever, or you have been approaching the wrong kind of females. I am sorry that you have not had the chance to meet a nice lady that founds you appealing the way you are. However I am sure that just because you have not, does not mean that the ladies here are not genuine.

Granted looks do play a part, but all types of "looks" get noticed by somebody.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

No. No. No. No.

*cough* Again

How are you approaching them? The wrong approach will get the door slammed in your face with a quickness!

I was speaking more about when I was much heavier. It's sligthly better now. Most women seem a little bit more receptive or at least willing to talk. I'm just pointing out all the personality based answers being given need to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm the same guy on the inside I was when I was 290 (and 365 if we want to go back a few more years) but somehow magically women are more willing to talk to me now. Somehow my "Hello" sounds totally different now? Seriously? I'm sure when I'm 200 my options will open up even futher. Just sayin'.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    ..an awesome, drop-dead, rock-hard body attached to a head containing a brain capable of intelligent thought and conversation
    ...nice teeth
    ....able to make me feel like a naughty girl
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Preferably that they are breathing. LOL

I'm really not that picky but I do like a nice pair of eyes and decent teeth. There are also the obvious... someone who is real and doesn't play games, financially stable so I don't have to take care of them and an easy going nature like I have. I can say that there does have to be some kind of spark or initial attraction though. As for physical attraction...I've noticed that when you get to know someone it is the person and personality that will make them even more attractive than the physical. I know some pretty ugly people out there...
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Updated list

Honesty
    down to earth
    makes me laugh so hard I snort
    a good kisser, intelligent
    Manly Man
    into sports
    outdoors
    Make you feel feminine
    sense of humor
    lifestyle stability
    decent communicator,
    intelligence.
    amazingly awful sense of humor walk around naked ALL THE TIME.
    6 pack] big sausage
    6 figure income
    head of hair.
    perhaps a skilled tongue would be necessary as well
    to make you feel desirable, wanted and loved.
    honest
    has integrity
    care of themselves
    similar interests.
    runner
    affiliation with fitness
    like movies
    intelligence
    confidence
    success
    ambition
    high sex drive
    good family
    relationship skills
    fast cars
    suave moves.
    nerdy guy you can play Halo 4 with!
    treat me like I deserve to be treated
    partner in all things
    Somewho who will walk through life with
    call you on your sh!
    give undying support.
    Skill and abilit
    pull their own weight
    nice smooth shaved head.
    emotionally available.
    let you put your feet under his butt to keep them warm.
    make you laugh
    smiles a lot
    holds intelligent conversations
    passionate,
    make sure you're happy
    listens.
    Computer hacking skills
    brings six pack of beer .
    good listener or willing to listen
    a hobby that takes them out of the house
    dirty mind
    intellegence
    honesty
    loyalty
    Physical attraction
    self sufficient
    independant
    confident
    kind
    patience of a saint
    witty
    smart guy
    intellectual conversationist
    loves to travel
    adventurous
    love your crazy side
    nunchuck skills
    bowhunting skills
    Kind-hearted
    witty
    Flirty ( but not too much)
    Gonads
    HARDWORKING
    spoil you
    spend $$$$
    Family oriented
    good sense of humor
    respectful
    kind
    thoughtful
    spontaneity
    responsible
    stable
    pulse
    secure
    not overly jealous
    gorgeous eyes
    tiger in the sack
    non-drooler
    ties me up
    does dirty things to you
    talkative
    open minded
    great sense of humor
    intelligence
    ambition
    kindness
    generosity
    chivalry
    someone who is well read/cultured
    confident
    cooks
    cleans
    makes you ridiculously excited.
    understands you
    does housework
    romantic
    trusts you
    handyman ( surprised to see this so far down the list)
    Tall
    handsome face
    fit body
    Nice teeth
    rock-hard body
    intelligent thought and conversation
    nice teeth ( this is far lower than I thought it would be as well)
    make you feel like a naughty girl
    Gamer
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You forgot, "gamer".
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    intelligence, confidence, success, ambition, high sex drive, good family & relationship skills, fast cars and suave moves.
    How many men is that???:laugh::laugh: :laugh:

It''s her unicorn.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

No. No. No. No.

*cough* Again

I happen to think you are cute...and I also agree with the "feel good" stuff...but yea if I can get the "feel good" from a guy I think is hot over a guy I don't think is hot then yea I will go for hot...but you have no idea what I think is hot...it varies, like you said....
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    make me laugh, and i melt :)

also: intelligence is super sexy
  • Bean515
    Options
    Now here's a crazy idea. Maybe, just maybe be yourself, and the right woman will go crazy over every thing you are. Jus sayin.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Now here's a crazy idea. Maybe, just maybe be yourself, and the right woman will go crazy over every thing you are. Jus sayin.

Everyone can try that one. Of course, if you're not being yourself it'll become obvious soon enough.