Ladies, what qualities do you like in Men?

Options

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Money
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I suspect that for a lot of women, the right qualities in a man are like obscenity. Hard to describe in detail, but they know it when they see it.

Here's a question though - do you women think you can tell when a guy has studied a list like has been posted in this thread and is attempting to be that?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I dunno....so far the men I have been attracted to have proven to be d-bags haha

Let ya know when I find one that sparks my interest
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I don't know to be honest. So far I haven't found Mr. Right...everytime I think I might they turn into oops I'm sorry you wanted a relationship?? I thought...

I've actually have stopped looking and have actually wondered why the heck I did in the first place. I now figure if it happens it happens if not it will one day. My hopes are still high. ;-)
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I suspect that for a lot of women, the right qualities in a man are like obscenity. Hard to describe in detail, but they know it when they see it.

Here's a question though - do you women think you can tell when a guy has studied a list like has been posted in this thread and is attempting to be that?

Yes! They come off as too smoozy/charming, and I loathe that. Charm isn't a naturally occurring human trait, so instead of telling myself they're charming, I get super suspicious and start to question why they're trying to charm me.
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Someone who isn't afraid to be who they are, talkative, open minded, intelligent, has a sense of humor, relaxed and confident. Interesting more than anything else.
    You want a woman lol
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Updated list and self evaluation..... some good... some bad...

Honesty.........most of time, most likely to white lie to preserve anothers self confidence or feelings
    down to earth...... yes
    makes me laugh so hard I snort..... Yes.. I'm freaking hilarious, just friend me to see the goofy antics on my wall
    a good kisser....... I enjoy kissing with partial open mouth, come at me like a pez despenser and we won't be kissing much
    intelligent........ yes
    Manly Man....... somewhat, I like DOING things as opposed to tv, but don't watch a lot of sports (will play them though)
    into sports..... I'll play church league softball or volleyball with friends. Do go to ECU pirates football games (season ticket holder)
    outdoors...... Love the outdoors, especially Jetskis, boating, 4wheelers, Harleys and flying
    Make you feel feminine......You are feminine.... I'll let you know how much that is appreciated
    sense of humor........Absolutely, I wear an easy smile and do it often.
    stability...... I have a stable career, but love doing spontaneous things. Home in North Carolina, but see myself moving to Florida within 18 months
    decent communicator...... very communicative ( hence this thread)
    naked ALL THE TIME...... I do enjoy doing the helicopter thing when getting out of shower, but dress to avoid scaring the kids
    6 pack....... was a keg, currently a bulge, working on flat to 6pack .. lost 50 lbs in 4 months and committed to fitnss
    6 figure income ....... on good years, on bad it can drop as low as mid 60s
    head of hair......full thick hair
    perhaps a skilled tongue would be necessary as well....very intuitive, creative lover, will be following the cues your body gives
    to make you feel desirable, wanted and loved...... sure, and want that in return
    has integrity ...... I'd rather give you a dollar than steal a dime. I'm on time and if tell you something will follow through
    care of themselves...... Not always, but doing better. Good hygiene though
    similar interests.... tough one.. I love water, skiing, good movies, books, not good at sitting on beach or fishing, lets keep it moving
    runner ........ yes , its how Im getting in shape
    affiliation with fitness ...... yep
    like movies .....yep, Les Miserables was most recent and I did shed a few tears at multiple points during movie
    confidence..... yes most times , if not completely confident, will fake it until comfortable
    success..... yes
    ambition...... Not as much as used to, Im a recovering work-a-holic and now have learned to delegate and enjoy life more
    high sex drive.......moderate
    good family...... BIG TIME! my biggest attribute and love of life is the every other weekend I get my daughter
    relationship skills........sure, we can get along
    fast cars......Yes !!! FAST everything ! My 12 yr old daughter first solo driving in fast car. She even flew a plane sunday night
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGa8k0YuAgk

suave moves..... I try to pull it off, but sometimes I do it horribly wrong..still can laugh at myself
    nerdy guy you can play Halo 4...... Not much into video games
    treat me like I deserve to be treated..... ok, fold my shirt and make me a sammwhich haha
    partner in all things.....I will be sitting beside you handcuffed to police bench if it comes to that
    Somewho who will walk through life with..... or we can run
    call you on your *kitten* ..........absolutely! Ive got a keen eye for bs and not afraid to be called out on it, or call you out on it
    give undying support....... I know you need that, but little patience if someone is being extremely negative
    Skill and ability ....... Jack of all trades and a master of none..... other than --bation.. I'm totally a master of that
    pull their own weight.... isn't as hard as used to be due to weight loss lol
    nice smooth shaved head........ Never gonna happen
    emotionally available.........yep
    let you put your feet under his butt to keep them warm..... my butt is yours
    make you laugh.... will do best
    smiles a lot .... and I do it often
    holds intelligent conversations.... sorry I was watching tv, what was it you said ?
    passionate...... about somethings
    make sure you're happy..... will do best
    listens..... ok ok I'm listening now
    Computer hacking skills..... Wiz with spreadsheets, other things take longer, not a good hacker
    brings six pack of beer...... how about a bottle of pinot instead?
    a hobby that takes them out of the house.... got a man cave out in the barn where you can hear me beating and banging away
    dirty mind ....seriously .. I'm a dude... ofcourse
    loyalty...... yes unless you get all crazy and spiteful, life is too short
    Physical attraction.... Lots of pics... find me attractive ?
    http://s178.beta.photobucket.com/user/runwme271/library/

self sufficient.....yes
    independant ... I can do it by myself but prefer company
    kind ....yes
    patience of a saint..... with kids yes, with idiots no
    witty ..... yep
    smart guy.... e=mc(2)
    intellectual conversationist..... about somethings, not much into politics
    loves to travel.......love to travel!
    adventurous.....hell yeah!
    love your crazy side..... Just how crazy are we talking
    nunchuck skills..... not really
    bowhunting skills..... not really
    Flirty ( but not too much) .....yes...( possibly too much, but I am single and looking, will tone it down once in relationship)
    Gonads.....sure
    HARDWORKING....yes
    spoil you.... that is 2 way street
    spend $$$$....... on things we do together and clothes
    Family oriented....absolutely
    good sense of humor..... haven't we covered this already?
    respectful.... Momma taught me to say yes Ma'am and yes sir
    thoughtful..... the little things make it count
    spontaneity...so much about to bust
    responsible..... yes, a little immature, yes also.. everytime ive gotten hurt it started with "hey ya'w , watch this"
    pulse..... yep
    not overly jealous...... nope.. be with me because you want to , not because I try to make you
    gorgeous eyes.....crystal blue
    tiger in the sack.... oh yeah I'd eat you up
    non-drooler .... depends on your outfit
    ties me up ....My home gym is called " the red room of pain" you do the math
    does dirty things to you...... When no kids around
    talkative...sometimes, but sometimes like to listen
    open minded..........wait??? you want to put your finger where???
    generosity..... More to those who need but dont ask
    chivalry..... let me get that door for you ( and check)
    someone who is well read/cultured.... stretch to be considered "well read" unless harry potter books back in the day count
    cooks ......really enjoy cooking!
    cleans ...... me , you and Consualia will keep house tidy. Kids taught to pick up after themselves
    makes you ridiculously excited...... haha I'll try
    understands you.... again, I'll try
    trusts you....wouldn't be with you if I didn't
    handyman ( surprised to see this so far down the list) ....I can fix things better than McGuyver
    Tall.....6'2
    handsome face....momma thinks so
    fit body...... working on it Got up to 42 waist pants at largest, now down to 36/34 jeans and dropping
    Nice teeth ......Got all my teeth and keep em brushed...flossing not so much
    rock-hard body .... if you are feeling my knee or package after properly motivated
    make you feel like a naughty girl .....every thing in its time
    Gamer.....not so much
    Puts God first in his life... Believe in God, go to church occasionally 20x per year, can't say I put him first always...More active during softball season ;-/
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Puts God first in his life.
    The rest will follow and he'll be perfect for the woman God has for him.
  • Cris240
    Options
    unlike men, who's primary interest seems to be physical attrativeness and sex, all women are different in what they want.

for example, i'd rather have a yesman than a boyfriend
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    It depends on the woman, whether she is extrover, introvert, or pleasure seeking. Then after a ittle while, they change their minds.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Stamina
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Rich, deaf, mute, girth
  • lapinu390
    lapinu390 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The things that attract me most in people are: their sense of humour, similar interests, attractive features (i love dark hair and green/blue eyes), a nice body (for me its not too slender, but average sized with a six pack and some nice arm and leg muscle) and somebody who is caring and giving.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    It depends on the woman, whether she is extrover, introvert, or pleasure seeking. Then after a ittle while, they change their minds.

Exactly
    Well maybe not
    I'm not sure
    It depends on my mood. :wink:
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

Honesty.........most of time, most likely to white lie to preserve anothers self confidence or feelings
    down to earth...... yes
    makes me laugh so hard I snort..... Yes.. I'm freaking hilarious, just friend me to see the goofy antics on my wall
    a good kisser....... I enjoy kissing with partial open mouth, come at me like a pez despenser and we won't be kissing much
    intelligent........ yes
    Manly Man....... somewhat, I like DOING things as opposed to tv, but don't watch a lot of sports (will play them though)
    into sports..... I'll play church league softball or volleyball with friends. Do go to ECU pirates football games (season ticket holder)
    outdoors...... Love the outdoors, especially Jetskis, boating, 4wheelers, Harleys and flying
    Make you feel feminine......You are feminine.... I'll let you know how much that is appreciated
    stability...... I have a stable career, but love doing spontaneous things. Home in North Carolina, but see myself moving to Florida within 18 months
    naked ALL THE TIME...... I do enjoy doing the helicopter thing when getting out of shower, but dress to avoid scaring the kids
    6 pack....... was a keg, currently a bulge, working on flat to 6pack .. lost 50 lbs in 4 months and committed to fitnss
    perhaps a skilled tongue would be necessary as well....very intuitive, creative lover, will be following the cues your body gives
    to make you feel desirable, wanted and loved...... sure, and want that in return
    has integrity ...... I'd rather give you a dollar than steal a dime. I'm on time and if tell you something will follow through
    similar interests.... tough one.. I love water, skiing, good movies, books, not good at sitting on beach or fishing, lets keep it moving
    like movies .....yep, Les Miserables was most recent and I did shed a few tears at multiple points during movie
    confidence..... yes most times , if not completely confident, will fake it until comfortable
    success..... yes
    ambition...... Not as much as used to, Im a recovering work-a-holic and now have learned to delegate and enjoy life more
    good family...... BIG TIME! my biggest attribute and love of life is the every other weekend I get my daughter
    fast cars......Yes !!! FAST everything ! My 12 yr old daughter first solo driving in fast car. She even flew a plane sunday night

suave moves..... I try to pull it off, but sometimes I do it horribly wrong..still can laugh at myself
    treat me like I deserve to be treated..... ok, fold my shirt and make me a sammwhich haha
    partner in all things.....I will be sitting beside you handcuffed to police bench if it comes to that
    call you on your *kitten* ..........absolutely! Ive got a keen eye for bs and not afraid to be called out on it, or call you out on it
    give undying support....... I know you need that, but little patience if someone is being extremely negative
    Skill and ability ....... Jack of all trades and a master of none..... other than --bation.. I'm totally a master of that
    holds intelligent conversations.... sorry I was watching tv, what was it you said ?
    Computer hacking skills..... Wiz with spreadsheets, other things take longer, not a good hacker
    a hobby that takes them out of the house.... got a man cave out in the barn where you can hear me beating and banging away

self sufficient.....yes
    kind ....yes
    witty ..... yep
    smart guy.... e=mc(2)
    Flirty ( but not too much) .....yes...( possibly too much, but I am single and looking, will tone it down once in relationship)
    Gonads.....sure
    HARDWORKING....yes
    responsible..... yes, a little immature, yes also.. everytime ive gotten hurt it started with "hey ya'w , watch this"
    pulse..... yep
    not overly jealous...... nope.. be with me because you want to , not because I try to make you
    someone who is well read/cultured.... stretch to be considered "well read" unless harry potter books back in the day count
    cleans ...... me , you and Consualia will keep house tidy. Kids taught to pick up after themselves
    handyman ( surprised to see this so far down the list) ....I can fix things better than McGuyver
    Tall.....6'2
    fit body...... working on it Got up to 42 waist pants at largest, now down to 36/34 jeans and dropping
    rock-hard body .... if you are feeling my knee or package after properly motivated
    Gamer.....not so much
    Puts God first in his life... Believe in God, go to church occasionally 20x per year, can't say I put him first always...More active during softball season ;-/

Well I have not looked at your pictures yet but you sound like a keeper to me! Love it!
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    any guy over 6 foot who isn't socially inept will do for me. :laugh:
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    -CRAZY good at math
    -likes cats
  • sniker_doodles
    Options
    easy going, adventures, sweet, funny, cuddler, good cook, and passion in bed ;)
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    any guy over 6 foot who isn't socially inept will do for me. :laugh:
    LOL
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options

down to earth...... yes
    intelligent........ yes
    success..... yes

self sufficient.....yes
    kind ....yes
    witty ..... yep
    smart guy.... e=mc(2)
    Gonads.....sure
    HARDWORKING....yes
    pulse..... yep
    Tall.....6'2
    Gamer.....not so much

Marry me? :love: :flowerforyou: :wink: :laugh: