Why do you drink almond milk?

Options

Replies

• sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I drink it because I'm lactose intolerant and with a history of breast cancer in the family I avoid soy products.

Me too!
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started drinking almond milk (unsweetened usually) due to diary intolerance and low cals, but it's also still high in calcium! I usually drink way less of almond milk than I did regular milk too.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Because it has a longer shelf life. It's usually a waste of money when I buy milk because I can never finish it before it expires.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to just be drinking milk by itself, I stick with 2% cow milk for sure. I'm not a big fan of the taste of almond milk.

HOWEVER, almond milk tastes great in cereal - can't really tell a difference between that and cow milk!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    For me, Almond milk tastes exactly like milk that has been poured over and has had Life cereal soaking in it. Which for me isnt a bad thing, I kinda like it.

Anyone else think Almond milk tastes like that?
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    To gt away from all the hormones, preservatives and antibiotics.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I mix my whey protein powder with almond milk, it's awesome. I get the vanilla unsweetened. Only 30 calories per cup and 45% more calcium than regular milk. I've never been a fan of cow's milk.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I became lactose intolerant about 20 years ago, therefore, I went to soy for a bit and then was turned on to almond and rice milk and I never looked back. When I did drink milk, I could only drink skim which was like drinking water.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I should also add that cow's milk makes me break out in the worst allergic reaction I've ever had.
  • Anasye
    Anasye Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like it because to me it lasts longer in the fridge, whenever I buy cows milk it spoils before I drink it all. I don't like soy and rice milk seems to give me the same spoilage issue.
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    its lower calorie. But that's really about it. It is a source of healthy fats, but with it being such low calorie, i dunno. You could get them in much cheaper, better tasting ways imo.
  • LizLearnstoRun
    LizLearnstoRun Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    its lower calorie and seems to have a longer shelf life for me
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    because dairy gives me the sh!ts and soy milk tastes really gross
  • EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can't drink milk or eat ice cream. They hurt my stomach. When I started doing Insanity and making healthier choices, I kept seeing unsweetened almond milk in all the nutrition guides and on healthy eating websites. Tried it, loved it!
    I just discovered Clemmys lactose free ice cream. It is fabulous!
  • EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    because dairy gives me the sh!ts and soy milk tastes really gross

Well put!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Personally I can't stand cow's milk and love the taste of Almond Milk, but that's about it.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I started drinking almond milk (unsweetened usually) due to diary intolerance and low cals, but it's also still high in calcium! I usually drink way less of almond milk than I did regular milk too.

Ditto.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Low carb dieting
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    It didn't have to do with heart; I stopped dairy b/c of migraines though it turned out it wasn't a trigger however, I love almond milk now (I drink Silk unsweetened - 30 calories per 8 oz); I love it plain, in cereal, in my smoothies, and in my coffee.

I did try soy milk for a while but it was hard to handle though I got used to it, but when almond milk came out...I liked it much better.

I also tried rice milk which caused disturbances in my lower tract, so that was a no go

I tried coconut milk but I didn't like the residual that I got and it was horrid in coffee and I REALLY love having a cup of coffee every morning, so that didn't fly

And like I said, technically, I could go back to cows milk, but I really like the almond and skim milk tastes like water to me now, so no thanks.
  • BevBasil
    BevBasil Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk better than white milk.