ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS!!! GREATEST THREAD EVER!!

Options

Replies

• chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    does it always have to be calories per day to loose weight or can I (pretty please) eat under my calories for 5 days and then over for 2 days but all the while maintaining my weekly calorie goal?

I practice the Daily approach to under eating my calories but the 5:2 diet which incorporates 2 days of fasting plus 5 days of normal eating, proves that yes, averaging it per week does have benefits and will work. Whether it's a slower or quicker method to aid your weight loss can only be proven by trial and error!

Do you do a fast 2 days a week as well as 16/8?
    what I would like to do is eat healthily but sparingly, slightly down on my daily calories for 5 days a week and then "enjoy" myself for the other 2 days of the week, before I ever had a weight problem I found this worked well for me. Personally, I dont think I would ve much good at "fasting"...the thought of doing "lighter life" makes me shudder!!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kwimpress
    Options
    Fantastic Thread! Thank you x
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Sorry, but this only works if you are close to a healthy weight and BF%. A 5'3", 300 pound obese woman would NOT lose weight eating 3000 calories a day! Or even maintain on that amount.

Body composition plays a HUGE part in your BMR.

Sorry, there are no simple one-size-fits-all answers.

i agree more with this - that is why those formulas are bogus. My FAT does not burn many calories at rest.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    LMFAO and that's only after page 2! Going to save this one for later.:laugh:
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    To set up your generic fat-loss diet calorie intake, all you need to is take your current body weight in LBS and multiply it by 10 or 12 calories. The number you see is your GUIDELINE maintenance calorie intake. It’s not perfect, like I said, we’re all different. IT’S A GUIDE. So in order to lose weight, at the end of every single day, you’re body needs to be at a caloric DEFICIT. This means you EAT UNDER THE AMOUNT of calories your body needs to maintain itself. SIMPLE. They say around 300-500 calories is recommended. If you do the math, stick to it and apply some exercise, you’ll lose weight.

No.

Only if she is burning around 1500 cals a day in the gym, and lifting heavy weights.

If she is your average middle aged, sedentary woman, at that weight and height, she is close to 70% BF. Her BMR would be around 1250 and sedentary TDEE would put her only around 1500.

The common misconception that body weight alone determines your BMR, is so misleading and confusing for many people trying to lose weight. Body Fat tissue burns very few calories compared to muscle tissue.

You compare this woman to a 300 pound male body builder with 7% body fat, and his BMR is over 3100 and his sedentary TDEE would be over 3700. Add his daily workouts to the equation and he would probably need 8-10k cals a day to maintain.

You just cannot make a blanket statement that everyone would maintain or lose on 10-12 times their body weight. That is just ridiculous.

^^this
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Here, try this site

http://www.hussman.org/fitness/bmrcalc.htm

or this one
    http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

These both have calculators that figure your BMR based on BF%

On the Hussman Fitness site, he explains the 'Rule of Thumb' calculating method for BMR is 9-11 cals per pound of LEAN BODY MASS, not total body weight.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I liked your advice for everyone! :) Then when you said it was rubbish I was SO confused! LMAO! ****ty joke tho...lol hey, you tried! This is a good thread for all of that. Thx ;)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Also, it's unkind and inaccurate to assume we "HUGE" people have been sucking down fast food and chocolate. Pfffft.

Apologies if I offended.

You'd be a fool to think that fast food and sweets weren't responsible for large portion of the planets obesity issues. That's all I was getting at.
  • pamuyamakene
    pamuyamakene Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Tricksee,I'd like to ask about intermittent fasting!I've heard about it before but I was motivated to give it a shot after I saw you've met with success with this method (from your profile). You once replied to a post i put up about weight loss so it led me to your profile (not a stalker:smile: . and I was impressed by the weight loss results you achieved . i read up on it a bit, bt wanted to hear from someone who'd tried it firsthand!

What I'd like to know is in the 16/8 method is it everyday or alternate days? Also do you need to meet the caloric requirements in the allowed time, or is it ok to eat only if you're hungry?

Does it get easier with time? I'm on day 2 eating between 10am and 6pm and I know its ok to have tea and water meanwhile but I'm embarassed to say I feel hungry at around 11pm when I'd usually be having an orange or apple.
    Does the diet have to be 'healthy' or can it be everyday food as long as you meet your caloric requirements.

I know its like a thousand questions all at once so I really appreciate this ! Thanks
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Dude, who are you?

That's easy, He's Jesse Pinkman!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Dude, who are you?

That's easy, He's Jesse Pinkman!
    Thank-you! I was trying to place that face :laugh:
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo guess what I do for loosing weight & getting in shape?

I eat healthy (but I also drink beer and eat pizza on occassion) - Do some serious cardio & HIIT....and SUCCESS!! its much easier that one would think. Never really bothered with all these gimmicky diets & supplements.

p.s love this guys enthusiasum! best thread everrrrr
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options

advice on weak abdominal wall?

tumblr_mdc6hbRk0T1rjsq7zo1_500.jpg

I did this and saw great results. As you progress increase the length of time and number of reps as you feel comfortable to keep your body guessing

I'm going to try this.
    But what is. A bridge
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    OP, extremely entertaining thread, but "Greatest Thread Ever"???? C'mon, not by a long shot. What, did you miss the 300 page "which weighs more a pound of muscle or a pound of fat" thread? Absolutely riveting stuff. Sorry, you're a distant second to that tome.

Thanks, really enjoyed it!!!
  • Bump
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options

Interesting how you haven't responded to the question of "who are you?" Why should anyone listen to what you have to say? What is your background? Anyone that has googled info can sound like they know what they are talking about but it doesn't make it so.

Move along lady. I'm enjoying this thread :smile:

Move on lady!!!
    I'm enjoying this post.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Bump