What's the worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    My best isn't good enough, I get screamed at a lot, I clean up everyone else's messes, and I don't get paid.

Kids too, huh? :)
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Getting in my car at the end of the day and having it smell like someone held a fart fest in it all day. :grumble: I work at a wastewater treatment facility, the aroma is everywhere.
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    Reading all of this I feel so lucky. I actually love my job and feel fortunate to have it.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    The death - but especially the death where a sheep has taken itself off into some bushes or whatever to die, specifically so I wont notice it for days and when I do its stinking corpse fouls up my landrover for days when I cart it off to the hunt kennels.

Are you a sheep herder? Or "shepherd"? That is SOOOO cool. I'm envious. I sit at a desk all day and write code :/ Lucky!!!!

I'm a sheep farmer (shepherds exist, but are usually employed by a landowner - I'm self-employed). Part time. I look after 300 sheep and one toddler.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love my job as a nurse.....But I hate how people equate NURSE with MAID, WAITRESS, and all too often PUNCHING BAG!
  • MrsDevor
    Options
    The hour long ride in bumper to bumper Traffic and the 50 year old lady whose desk is next to mine that acts like a 4 year. Most immature, lazy, ignorant person on the planet. Everyone dislikes her and everyone is afraid to fire her because she is known for sueing former employers! AHHHHH!!
  • blanhe2
    Options
    cleaning up after grown *kitten* people! I am an office manager and apparently its an unspoken part of my job description to put everyone else's dishes in the DISHWASHER. Also, sitting for 8 hours a day. Its so frustrating because I have the most energy between 10 and 3 and thats when I want to work out and be productive but I'm stuck at work. Also, dealing with stupid people on the phone. But other than that I really really love my job :)

If I were you, I would be fuming daily!!! I think it is totally unacceptable for adults to use dishes or cups at work and not wash them..... Like why would someone else wash your dishes at work, who the hell do these people think they are?? And who do they think you are the maid!!! I believe people should treat the kitchen at work like their kitchen at home and clean up after themselves!!!

Edited for spelling

In Germany a note would appear above the dishwasher reminding people to put their stuff in it, "like you would do at home". :)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My best isn't good enough, I get screamed at a lot, I clean up everyone else's messes, and I don't get paid.

:drinker: only 11 hours until bedtime!
  • MrsDevor
    Options
    I love my job as a nurse.....But I hate how people equate NURSE with MAID, WAITRESS, and all too often PUNCHING BAG!

My fiance is a nurse too! He LOVES his job. He used to been in a hospital setting and hated it. NOW he working in a prision. HA! He loves it so much more. You don't have to have compassion or cooth in prision lol :-)
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist- mostly for film. Dealing with big egos can be tough, and having to be 100% on every time, without showing weakness. Everyone has worked with everyone, so if you screw up once you might find yourself out of work for a month.
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The smell. I work in a sawmill and there are men that work here that do not bathe on a regular basis.....or at all (according to the green cloud they leave behind)! Luckily, I can ocassionally close my office door to seek refuge. And light a candle!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

Haha. And how many years 'till they move out? :)
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Downtime. Hate hate hate downtime. I'd rather be slammed with work.

This!!!! I find I am easily distracted (as noted by the fact Im answering this while at work) if there isnt enough work in my office to hold my attention.

Oh my god I agree with this one SO much. I just went and asked someone else for work... I just started here like 2 weeks ago, and have been helping this one guy out with some math work... finished it yesterday, but he wasn't here... and he's not today... and won't be tomorrow... so I just went to another guy and was like "Anything I can do for you? Please?! GIVE ME WORK!!!"
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Moments like now when I really need a bathroom break but court is in session so I can't leave!
  • northfresh
    Options
    The drunk people and the soul sucking reality of working a dead end line cook job.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Haha. And how many years 'till they move out? :)

15.5 but I may push them to graduate early.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like my job most days. I am fortunate to have a job and work with mostly awesome people. I dislike days when we are slow....I get bored and sit on pinterst, which is easy to do because I have to stay near my desk to answer the phones...
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Showing up and staying?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It's okay for the most part, but sucks Monday-Friday, 8-5 lol
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I work in a juvenile detention center in accounting. The worst part though, is having to answer the phone!! These people are idiots!