What's the worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I work at a male sex toy company. I am not a male. 'Nuff said.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Sitting on my behind all day in front of a computer. Doesn't help in the fitness department.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse tech so a lot of it is less than ideal but in general it doesn't suck and I like helping people and like to think that I have some part in them getting better. Sometimes 12 hour shifts drag but mostly I hate patients who act like I'm their maid or like they're the only person I have to look after. I also hate when management staff acts like at 3am when everyone is asleep that I'm doing something wrong by looking at a magazine or reading when all my work is done and I don't have a scheduled task for another 90 mins.
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Incessantly stupid tickets "my printer has run out of ink", "my screen isnt plugged in"

things that people are just too lazy to do
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    I work at a male sex toy company. I am not a male. 'Nuff said.

Fleshlight discount??
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Haha. How'd you know...
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I sit too much. I have major envy for those standing/treadmill desks I see on the internet.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I love my job and I feel so blessed to have one :heart:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Working alongside people who have absolutely no common sense or self respect. One of my coworkers will sit on her phone all day while our boss is out and talk to her husband. Then when she doesn't finish her job, she asks me to do it EVERY SINGLE DAY because she can't be late to pick up her daughter. Hey, if you did your motherfu%#*Ing job instead of sitting on your phone all day, I wouldn't have to do your job and mine.

Oh, and my boss. She thinks that it is my responsibility to pick up her slack also. She recently asked me out to lunch to discuss a promotion. When I got there, she told me she was getting rid of me because I was pregnant and was a liability, and then asked me to pay for her lunch. I am not joking. I quit.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Not having one.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    having to stay on top of other people. :( I work with every dept in my line of work and sometimes its hard to wait to complete my job. Frustrating. Its teaching me patience, though.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my boss. She thinks that it is my responsibility to pick up her slack also. She recently asked me out to lunch to discuss a promotion. When I got there, she told me she was getting rid of me because I was pregnant and was a liability, and then asked me to pay for her lunch. I am not joking. I quit.

Isn't that kind of illegal- firing you because you're pregnant?
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    I manage a gym...so watching everyone workout when I have a hard time finding the time
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    All of it?

I am a QA Administor - my job is to tell people they made a mistake, and then to explain to the customer why we made that mistake and how we are going to fix it. However; we are known for making the same mistake over and over and over again because people do not tend to take me seriously unless I walk out directly and talk to them and that is 'forbidden' as per my job discription.

Not getting all the information required for jobs - or given the information and having sales change their mind but not let me know so I can adjust what we are doing, and we end up with more parts than required.

Having a boss that is never here and having to run the department myself - without being paid for it.

having to deal with people who do not understand english well - we have many different languages in the shop primarily Russian and Ukrainian - but we have a satellite office in India and that is fun... they just don't like a woman telling them that they made a mistake.

I could go on and on and on.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

I just got a 120k settlement for a client who was fired, in part, because she was pregnant. Get an attorney. Do you have anything in writing?
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Reading really graphic chat logs
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Sitting on my butt at a desk all day...
  • KristysLosing
    Options

I just got a 120k settlement for a client who was fired, in part, because she was pregnant. Get an attorney. Do you have anything in writing?

Wow...she would have been better off not admitting that.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The pay.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    cleaning up after grown *kitten* people! I am an office manager and apparently its an unspoken part of my job description to put everyone else's dishes in the DISHWASHER. Also, sitting for 8 hours a day. Its so frustrating because I have the most energy between 10 and 3 and thats when I want to work out and be productive but I'm stuck at work. Also, dealing with stupid people on the phone. But other than that I really really love my job :)

If I were you, I would be fuming daily!!! I think it is totally unacceptable for adults to use dishes or cups at work and not wash them..... Like why would someone else wash your dishes at work, who the hell do these people think they are?? And who do they think you are the maid!!! I believe people should treat the kitchen at work like their kitchen at home and clean up after themselves!!!

Edited for spelling

In Germany a note would appear above the dishwasher reminding people to put their stuff in it, "like you would do at home". :)

I would LOVE to be able to put up a note. Also, people apparently don't know how to flush a toilet either, because almost every time I go in the bathroom I have to do that too. I mostly work with attorneys so I think maybe they just think they are better than I am?