Cilantro. Why?

Options

Replies

• lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    um i like it lol.. i like putting a bunch of cilantro,diced tomatoe, onion ,salt and lime juice in a mixer and chop it up to make salsa... YUMMY! taste sooooo good with any meat ....
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I've heard the mildew thing from someone else, too! It's either dirt or dishsoap if you can't taste it right.

I would love to know what it actually does taste like but since I can't............

no_zpsa3db9e7f.jpg

^ My actual "it has cilantro in it!" face.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    motorboat
    lick

Rub down with cilantro and jalepenos: eat
    nakeddavidtennantOHYES_zpscdbe68df.gif
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love cilantro! Put some cilantro on my cilantro, dipped in cilantro, please.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    fun fact -- this is a genetic thing. for some people, cilantro tastes awesome. i guess? i don't know, to other people (myself included) cilantro tastes like soap. it isn't a matter of personal preference, it's just some newfangled mouth chemistry.

i hate cilantro. my brother hates cilantro. my grandmother hates cilantro. if you dislike it, ask your family members. it's totally hereditary.

Nope, my family has disproven your theory. My aunt and I LOVE cilantro. My Mom and uncle HATE cilantro. I doubt that most of my other family even knows what it is. lol
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have NEVER heard of anyone not liking cilantro. :huh: Too bad for you to have to miss out on the good stuff :bigsmile:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It's awesome, shut up.

^^^This

(as I finish stuffing my cilantro-laden lunch in my mouth)
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    People either love or hate cilantro, no in between.

I personally LOVE the stuff!
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is awesome- especially with lime on some carne asada tacos!

^^^ This. X1000.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    LOVE cilantro!! It is my favorite "death weed" :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Cilantro is awesome- especially with lime on some carne asada tacos!

Tacos with pineapple salsa AND cilantro!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Seriously, no one has wondered why all these people know what Dawn dishsoap tastes like? PICA people...
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I bought a very large, very pretty salad for lunch today. About half way in, I got a nice leafy chunk of cilantro in my mouth..... because I was just thinking "You know what would make this salad even more awesome? A big squirt of Dawn dishsoap!" UGHH.

My lunch, and possibly my life, is ruined. That is so foul, who likes that stuff???? I know that it's some weird genetic fluke that makes it taste like that for some people but omg......thanks a lot, death weed.

cilantro_no.jpg

Love-love my dhania because it gives just the right kick to my salads, soups and stews.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I would marry cilantro if it were legal. And you never know... I mean, after all, if they let gay people marry, it's only a matter of time before people marry dogs, couches, and cilantro.

*Note to those that do NOT have a sarcasm meter.... that was sarcasm. Letting gay people marry each other will in NO way cause people to marry dogs, couches, or cilantro.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is not that bad. The trick is to use just enough not overdo itand chop it up very small. In ground beef with chopped onion and red bell pepper it is the most delicious thing ever. Perhaps the use of Cilantro does not match with the salad you were eating. I know a good salad with cilantro is tomato, lettuce, salt and some lemon juice. The cilantro gives it the perfect kick so it's not bland as long as you don't over do it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs...love the stuff. It's fairly common in a lot of New Mexican cooking so I've pretty much grown up with it though.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Seriously, no one has wondered why all these people know what Dawn dishsoap tastes like? PICA people...

lol it tastes like the smell of it. :wink:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    fun fact -- this is a genetic thing. for some people, cilantro tastes awesome. i guess? i don't know, to other people (myself included) cilantro tastes like soap. it isn't a matter of personal preference, it's just some newfangled mouth chemistry.

i hate cilantro. my brother hates cilantro. my grandmother hates cilantro. if you dislike it, ask your family members. it's totally hereditary.

Nope, my family has disproven your theory. My aunt and I LOVE cilantro. My Mom and uncle HATE cilantro. I doubt that most of my other family even knows what it is. lol

I'm guessing some of your family members have different colored eyes, hair, heights, etc.

Not everyone gets all the genetics. You and your aunt got the gene that likes cilantro. Your mom and uncle didn't.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-09-genetic-link-cilantro-coriander.html
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I make a mean salsa with cilantro in it.
    Stop drinking the haterade!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

been wondering this myself...