Cilantro. Why?

Options

Replies

• IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    :heart: cilantro!

Its especially awesome in my tequila lime, shrimp tacos!!!! MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

(yes, made with REAL tequila too)

Can you post that recipe? Sounds delicious!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Looooove me some cilantro!! PIcked my own a couple weeks ago and used it in homemade pico de gallo. :smile:
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    cilantro is the bee's knees
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love the stuff!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cilantro....hell to the yeah!!!

280sw007883.gif
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    we call it Coriander in the UK. And i also dont like it!
    If I'm not mistaken, and I could very well be mistaken because I'm not a corriander connisseur, but corriander is the seeds of the cilantro plant when it is allowed to bloom. I've grown cilantro on my patio and when it gets long enough, it grows little white flowers. Inside each flower are little seeds. I was told by a co-wrker dardener-type that those seeds are where corriander the spice comes from.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My husband is also "allergic" to cilantro.
  • djeune
    djeune Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cilantro tastes like metal and soap with a hint of dirty gym socks....GROSS!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Team cilantro all the way! I've been making fresh pico de gallo with it for the past couple of weeks.

It has to be fresh cilantro, though. Old stuff does taste like dish soap.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It's awesome, shut up.

It's putrid. I would rather eat that dead duck fetus thing.

I hate eating cilantro... but I hate eating dead duck fetus things WAY more...

Blue cheese tho... I might eat duck instead of blue cheese.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Just the smell of cilantro makes me rabidly hungry. I swear that stuff is like crack for my tastebuds. Fresh pico is the bestest.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I :heart: cilantro
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I bought a very large, very pretty salad for lunch today. About half way in, I got a nice leafy chunk of cilantro in my mouth..... because I was just thinking "You know what would make this salad even more awesome? A big squirt of Dawn dishsoap!" UGHH.

My lunch, and possibly my life, is ruined. That is so foul, who likes that stuff???? I know that it's some weird genetic fluke that makes it taste like that for some people but omg......thanks a lot, death weed.

cilantro_no.jpg

:love:
    I used to work with a girl that would order chopped cliantro as a side when we went to mexican restaurants. :gag:
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally can't stand cilantro either, if I go to chipolte I get unseasoned rice, because cilantro is in their rice!! My mom loves it though, she thinks I'm crazy.
  • jdsamford
    jdsamford Posts: 2
    Options
    "Some people may be genetically predisposed to dislike cilantro, according to often-cited studies by Charles J. Wysocki of the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I used to detest it's flavor....but now I've grown to enjoy it. Esp in hummus.

The only thing that could make hummus worse is cilantro.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I HATE it with a passion! So gross.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    "death weed" :laugh: love it! I have that weird genetic thing too, I hate cilantro and can taste even a tiny little itty piece hidden in my food. blah

Count me in! I can hardly walk past it in the grocery without grossing out, yet my husband would eat a cilantro-and-salsa salad every day if I'd let him!
  • Chilingurl89
    Chilingurl89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cilantro... pico de gallo yum
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love it. Plus it has magical powers !!