Cilantro. Why?

Options

Replies

• annetteajordan
    Options
    The way it was explained to my father in law by a man in Costa Rico is that it is a genetic thing, call it the cilantro gene. While on vacation My father in law continued to complain that all the food tasted dirty, literally like it had dirt dumped into the food. My mother in law thought he was crazy. Finally a native cook told him to ask for no cilantro to be in his meals. The man explained that people either have or have not got the gene/taste bud that allows them to enjoy cilantro. After ordering the rest of his food with no cilantro he enjoyed all the native dishes
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Wait. If cilantro is the death weed, what would happen if you put it in the microwave (aka, "Death Box")?
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I love cilantro. It is strong though.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL yeah cilantro can be a bit strong and I used to not like
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I would rather have the Dawn dishsoap in my mouth, then cilantro

So... The cilantro comes after the Dawn dishsoap to get the nasty taste out of your mouth?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I love Cilantro

I put tons in my salad.
    And homemade pico de gallo.

Also, it's very good for you.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    How many of you are out there sucking on a bottle of Dawn?
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How many of you are out there sucking on a bottle of Dawn?

the bottle says it cuts grease. i'm trying a new colon cleanse. i saw it on dr oz.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Don't hate on cilantro just because your tastebuds fail at life. :indifferent:

They really do. I also cannot stand anything with onion in it, not even a smidge. I love the smell of onions cooking but I would rather try to decapitate myself with a butter knife than eat one.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It's awesome, shut up.

^^^This. It's so good.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options

They really do. I also cannot stand anything with onion in it, not even a smidge. I love the smell of onions cooking but I would rather try to decapitate myself with a butter knife than eat one.

hate onions too, but for me it's the texture. both raw and crunchy or cooked and slimy, totally grosses me out either way. btw i've seen people on the internet describe this as a "selective eating disorder" to which i replied, are you fcking kidding?
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Love it.. I put it in/on Everything. I bet if you guys made some Spanish sofrito you would love it....
  • trophywife24
    Options

hate onions too, but for me it's the texture. both raw and crunchy or cooked and slimy, totally grosses me out either way. btw i've seen people on the internet describe this as a "selective eating disorder" to which i replied, are you fcking kidding?

It's the texture for me too! UGH. It's like so weirdly crunchy but not? Disgusting. Onions ruin everything.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I love Cilantro :heart:

But a friend of mine thinks Cilantro smells like a stink bug!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It's awesome, shut up.

It's putrid. I would rather eat that dead duck fetus thing.

wow...youre a psycho.
  • trophywife24
    Options
    It's awesome, shut up.

wow...youre a psycho.

ron3_zpsb4f4edd0.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

It's the texture for me too! UGH. It's like so weirdly crunchy but not? Disgusting. Onions ruin everything.

ONIONS ARE THE AWESOMEST!! I have about 5 varities of onions at my house right now. I love, love, love them!!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would rather have the Dawn dishsoap in my mouth, then cilantro

What!?! No way ????
    I've had soap in my mouth and it doesn't taste better than cilantro!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    It's awesome, shut up.

wow...youre a psycho.

Like whoa.... :noway:
  • pink_ribbon_1
    pink_ribbon_1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Team Cilantro!!!