Stop the Fat Bashing!

Options

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    even slim and fit people get bashed I am not skinny but I am not fat eather but yrs ago I was 215/ 220 and was stared at all the time, asked when the baby was due and told by store clerks that they did not sell stuff in my size when I was not shopping for me oh and I was also asked by people that nasty question of " do you really think you should eat that"? But at the same time now that I have lost alot of weight I get looks from fat people and have on ocassion been told to go eat a burger because it looks like I need one or other comments along that line. I happens at eather end of the spectrom. I have lost count on how many times I have heard larger people refer to people that are a healthy weight as skinny *****'s, which is also bashing.
  • Ragarianok
    Options
    Some people are lucky; they were blessed with a high metabolism and don't have to put any effort into staying in shape. However, that doesn't mean that they're healthy. You can be overweight and still be healthy. Don't let anyone get you down! Those who criticize never have to try and can't understand the psychological effects that just a mere glance can have on another person. Be proud of who you are and work hard for who you want to be! Don't let anyone stand in your way! :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    sounds like you didnt need to rant.. You already got it figured out! You go girl!

-from a felllow REAL women.. haha :)
    Please explain the "Real woman" comment. I'm interested.

Same here. What is a real woman?
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Well said OP!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    sounds like you didnt need to rant.. You already got it figured out! You go girl!

Please explain the "Real woman" comment. I'm interested.

You can only be a REAL woman if you're overweight, oh wait, sorry, I mean 'curvy'. Otherwise you're 'bones' and 'need to eat a cheeseburger'.

Oh. Ok. Darn, guess I am fake. How does one break it to their lady bits they aren't real?

To the OP haters gonna hate. You're doing this for you and not them so screw them.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the only person bashing you is ....you.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

mayhaps I'm fake?

Do you like cheeseburgers?

No. I puffy heart them! :heart:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people think or say about you?

When you treat your body better, you feel better. You have more energy, your mood improves, your mind is sharper. Everything about your life feels better.

You're doing this for you, not for them. Why does it matter how they feel? You feel great.
  • mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it when I see big people working out. I think, "There's someone trying to make a change."
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I have no issue with you complaining or ranting, but everything in your post was literally about the "stares" you get from other people. It's possible insecurities leach out and attach themselves to the eyes of other people. Someone might be looking at you without even seeing you because they're zoned out. Someone might look at your food because they're hungry too.

Is it possible that people are intentionally giving you disdainful looks? Yes, it is... but your entire rant is about all these different scenarios of what *you* think people are thinking. That's a dangerous game, to make assumptions like that.

Hell, someone else might come in and say, "Stop the fat bashing! Don't avert your eyes from me just because of my weight!"

Perception can be a real b.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

What makes a real women vs a fake one? I don't get it.

blow-up-twins.jpg
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    You seem very self-conscious and defensive. If you truly did not care, you wouldn't be writing this post. It is not a federal offense to feel self-conscious, of course, but you would do yourself a great favor to realize that what other people are thinking about your clothes or food choices are not terribly important. Keep doing what you need and want to do to reach your goals, and focus on that.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You are reading a lot more into peoples "looks" than they are putting into them. People give many less s**** than you would think about what a stranger does.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have no issue with you complaining or ranting, but everything in your post was literally about the "stares" you get from other people. It's possible insecurities leach out and attach themselves to the eyes of other people. Someone might be looking at you without even seeing you because they're zoned out. Someone might look at your food because they're hungry too.

Is it possible that people are intentionally giving you disdainful looks? Yes, it is... but your entire rant is about all these different scenarios of what *you* think people are thinking. That's a dangerous game, to make assumptions like that.

Hell, someone else might come in and say, "Stop the fat bashing! Don't avert your eyes from me just because of my weight!"

Perception can be a real b.

^This

I have to agree with this as well. The title says 'bashing' but your post was about your interpretations of people's looks. I'd say worry less about what you think people are thinking and keep on keepin' on.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

What makes a real women vs a fake one? I don't get it.

blow-up-twins.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    How do you know what people are thinking? Maybe you are just assuming the worse??
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Go about your merry way and ignore other people. The only opinion that matters is your own.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Looking =/= Bashing.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Trust me, everyone doesn't care about your workout clothes and food as much as you think they do. It may feel like the entire world is looking at us and judging, but most people couldn't care less and are off in their own world thinking about life, bills, relationships, The Walking Dead...
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'm a paperdoll. :)