What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Stephen King's "On Writing". I'm using it as a tool to help me with writing my book. I'm also reading "Emma" by Jane Austen.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm reading a book by John Saul-In The Dark Of The Night.
  • Sonflower
    Options
    The Shack is a great read...you will learn so much about your self..
  • lschmidt77
    Options
    I am reading the Harry Potter series... again! In preparation for the movie in November :)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    where do you download books from?

www.audible.com

I buy a package that includes 24 credits for about $220 so less than $10 a book. iTunes also has mp3 format books.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 'Her Fearful symmetry' by Audrey Niffenegger. She prevoiusly worte The Time Travellers Wife.
    Only started yesterday but I think I'm going to relaly like it.

About to read back through this post for some inspiration for my holidays next week.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
  • Thorswoman
    Options
    I just finished The Giver (Lowry) and Days in Midgard: 1,000 Years On (Abel.)

Working on:
    1. Runes: A Human Journey by Kari Tauring
    2. The Women Who Run with the Wolves by Estes
    3. Thor: God of Comman Man by Robert James
    4. Magic of the Norse Goddesses: Mythology, Ritual, Tranceworking by Karlsdottir

I hope that's all that's on my plate.

Well... The Poetic Edda, but that's ongoing.
  • ma2tay2003
    Options
    I just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but am having a really hard time getting in to it.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I was just given The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo from a co-worker. She raved about it!

Karen
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Hang in there- when you get to page 57 is starts to tie together and then you will not be able to put it down.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Nelson DeMille's "The Lion" a sequel to the "The Lion's Game". Good murder, suspense, mystery books.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am re-reading Anne of Green Gables, and still going through Mary Magdalene: Christianity's hidden Goddess. I am also re-reading some of my For Better or For Worse comic treasury books, they are so funny it makes me forget it is so hot! We are in the middle of a heat wave being pushed in by Hurricane Earl, which is expected to hit off shore early Saturday morning.
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi All,

Anybody ever read Jean M Auel's series. She's writing a sixth book thats out next year. I absolutely love these books I re-read them every year and a half. I've never found anyone thats read the series though which is a shame. I'm so excited about the new book. I can't wait to read more of Ayla's story.

Themes - Prehistoric, Strong Women, Invention, Survival, Fitting in, Spiritual, Mythical.

The Clan of the Cave Bear, 1980
    The Valley of Horses, 1982
    The Mammoth Hunters, 1985
    The Plains of Passage, 1990
    The Shelters of Stone, 2002
    The Land of Painted Caves, 2011
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the shelters of stone right now, and of the entire series so far, it's the one I CAN put down. I'm just not that engaged as I was before. Does the Land of Painted Caves get better?
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    Its not out yet but I'm really looking forward to it. I agree that the Shelters of Stone wasn't as page turning as the others. It wasn't as exciting as the Journey books. The new one will be the last story. I also watched the film Clan of the Cave Bear with Daryl Hannah. Its terrible. It just doesn't work on screen.

Spoiler Alert - (Synopsis below)

THE LAND OF PAINTED CAVES concludes the story of Ayla, her mate Jondalar, and their little daughter, Jonayla, taking readers on a journey of discovery and adventure as Ayla struggles to find a balance between her duties as a new mother and her training to become a Zelandoni – one of the Ninth Cave community's spiritual leaders and healers.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I just started "Kitty and the Midnight Hour" by Carrie Vaughn. So far I'm enjoying it. Just love werewolf and vampire books.
  • DanL66712
    Options
    Currently re-reading wuthering heights. Love that book, you start to see Heathcliff's redeeming features after the first time. At first he appears to be a right *kitten*, but you understand him more each time you read the book!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i just finished THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett, absolutely loved it!

and am now onto a crime book by Andrew Gross called RECKLESS

also, ive just started a blog about books if anyone would like to read it or be a follower :flowerforyou:

http://crazyirishbookworm.blogspot.com/