What cereal?

Options
1235»

Replies

• cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    kashi honey almod flax protien and fibre. 220 calories, 9 g protien, 8 g fibre, 5g fat.
    great on its own or with a banana or strawberries
  • laurwi
    laurwi Posts: 12
    Options
    Kix is probably the lowest calorie cereal you can find. It is 110 calories like most cereals, but unlike most cereals, the serving size is 1 1/4 cups (whereas most are 3/4 cup). Unsweetened cereals (plain cheerios, plain cornflakes, plain puffs, etc) are the other low calorie ones. Kashi and FiberOne have some low cal options that are healthy.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats. I get the 5 minute kind and for me they turn out best in the microwave. I also like Multi-grain Cheerios with milk, or Fibre 1 with greek yoghurt and a bit of honey or some berries. I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch as a night time snack.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If I eat cereal, I typically go with one of the Kashi shredded wheat varieties (not super low in calories but lots of fiber and flavor).

My favorite cereal alternative is 4-6 oz plain/vanilla greek yogurt with some sliced fruit and 2 Tbsp granola (I make mine at home from whole grains) all mixed together. Filling, crunchy, sweet, high protein and eats like cereal!
  • jeniferklingerman
    Options
    Fiber One 80 calories, chocolate.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I might have to pick up the Fiber One Chocolate up now..
  • peter821
    peter821 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody mentioned the Ezekial Food for Life cereals! I am addicted to the cinnamon raisin. Give em a whirl.
  • Jmla1769
    Jmla1769 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One Honey Squares. Now they have Chocolate and they are 80 calories for 3/4 C. I love them!
  • Jmla1769
    Jmla1769 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They are great!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating Goodness Superfood's Protein 1st.
    Its a barley-based muesli-like cereal. The serving size is only 45g and it yields 10g of protein.
    It doesn't have a brilliant taste but the upside is that it is very healthy.

http://goodnesssuperfoods.com.au/protein-1st/
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    whople grain oatmeal only
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I tried eating what I thought I 'should' have.

It didn't work.

So I eat what I like instead, just measure it properly and log it.

I like (and will eat):

Original Special K. I like the taste. It's zero to do with the marketing, I like it.

Cinnamon Grahams.

Cheerios.

Oatmeal made with water. I usually measure it out the night before and leave it to soak. And then I usually add syrup. Measured, naturally.

Various smoothies.

And I like some protein shakes. I'm not big on breakfast. It means I have something where I would otherwise not bother.

The rest of the time, I'll have something savoury. But it's nice to have the choice in the cupboard.
  • elephant_in_the_room
    Options
    Oats/porridge/overnight oats
    Ditto.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Pearled barley, 1 serving has 176 calories, 5 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. I eat it with blackberries or raspberries and maple syrup.
  • Carachama
    Carachama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean - the best combination of taste, low in calories, and high in fiber and protein.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i'm currently loving:

Kellogg's - Special K Protein Plus Cereal, 1 cup

160 cals, 25g carbs, 1, 13g PROTEIN :drinker: , 4g fiber