Something you do for free that most people pay for.

Options

Replies

• Braxtons_mom19
    Options
    i highlight my own hair and cut my families hair.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I color my own hair with the cheapest dye ($3.50). I do my own nails and eyebrows. I've never had a pedi/mani and haven't had my brows waxed since my daddy was paying my expenses. I cook a lot from scratch so I don't buy a lot of prepared foods. My husband and I were just talking today about getting some chickens so we won't have to buy eggs. We do most home repairs as my hubby is experienced in refrigeration, heating/air, plumbing, and electrical. He can do some car repairs too. I shop at thrift stores and eBay to save on clothing and other things, especially sporting goods for our boys! I can sew but I have not made any outfits since my boys were small but I do my own mending. If I can figure out a way to save a buck, I'm all over it!

That is AWESOME. I wish I could repair cars... I am pretty sure I'd mess more up then I'd fix with cars though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I do my own minor electrical and plumbing, and I kick *kitten* at drywall and painting.

My dad was a handyman extraordinaire and a mechanic by trade. People would always tell him, "You're so lucky you can do that yourself." He answered, "If I was lucky, it wouldn't need to get done." :laugh:
  • sue4500
    sue4500 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Instead of taking public transports (even in big distances) I rather go earlier and walk. Saves money, burns some calories ;)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Probably tax advice or financial knowledge in near future
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I do my own minor electrical and plumbing, and I kick *kitten* at drywall and painting.

My dad was a handyman extraordinaire and a mechanic by trade. People would always tell him, "You're so lucky you can do that yourself." He answered, "If I was lucky, it wouldn't need to get done." :laugh:

Wow, if you are ever in my area, I need the final wall in my home gym drywalled :-D I bought a house with a 4 car garage and the previous owner did furniture repair and turned part of the garage into a heated room, but he only sheetrocked 3 of the 4 walls. I'm not much for furniture repair so I turned it into my home gym and indoor golf training room.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Be my own personal trainer
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tailor my own clothes.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I take portraits, so do them for my family because I can, lol.

I also work out at home, as I have weights, rack, bench, elliptical, and stationary bike. Don't need a gym membership. :smile:
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Do it then and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Wax my own brows, make scarves, hats and afghans prefer baby afghans. I also do my own plumbing repairs and yard work. Laid my own hard wood flooring too. :drinker:
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Go to the Gym.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My husband cuts his own hair, he's military so it's easy. I've always cut my sons hair until his most recent cut and the guy did a crap job so I'm going back to cutting it. I also mend my own clothes. My husband has always changed the oil and brakes and any other repairs in our cars. I make my own cards for special occasions most of the time. I dont know...Im crafty so I crochet and scrapbook and try to make presents for people. I like to make jewelry and all that DIY stuff.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My husband is also wicked good at fixing stuff around the house-a lot to be said about those farm boys:) he recently built us a sliding barn door for our bedroom. Ordered the rail, the wheels, brackets, etc...painted them and made the door out of old tongue and groove wood we found in his dad's barn. It looks amazing and saved us about $5-600 bucks. He can fix minor stuff with vehicles, and fix fencing like a pro.
    We cut our boys' hair, grow a garden and freeze/ can veggies, mend clothes, and have remodeled the bathrooms in our house. It is amazing what you can do with all the tutorials out there.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I cut my own hair, cut and colour some of my friends hair. I do my eyebrows, nails, waxing and all that stuff girls usually do at the salon.
    I do a pretty good job painting walls, also have some experience with laying laminate flooring.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I build and repair computer, do all of my own home repairs, most of my car repairs, cut my own hair, etc. I also do canning and other methods of food preservation and gardening.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I create spreadsheets & databases.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Acrylic nails, I also make baby Tutu's and headbands.

Fun fact: I am actually pretty good at making tutu's.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do my own ultrasounds. I'm pregnant right now so it comes in handy!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I cut my own hair, and I also do my own gel pedicures.

I'm sure there is something else, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.