Lose 10lbs with the 3 Day Diet!

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    In all honesty the title of this post looks like the suspicious spam e-mail that I send staight to the junk folder. I don't want to be called MEAN for attempting to give good sustainable advice so I'm going to run away from this thread as fast as these short legs can take me. Best wishes to you though!

Yep.

I'd advise you to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable manner, but that's mean. So good luck with your unhealthy, fad diet.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    What happens on the 4th day??

^^This! I tried this years ago, yeah I lost about 9lbs, but I was also starving and the weight came right back on as soon as I started eating normally. Portion control and exercise.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    bah.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    In all honesty the title of this post looks like the suspicious spam e-mail that I send staight to the junk folder. I don't want to be called MEAN for attempting to give good sustainable advice so I'm going to run away from this thread as fast as these short legs can take me. Best wishes to you though!

I can't quite imagine YOU being called MEAN... I'm trying to picture it, I can't. :heart:
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    its obvious your gonna gain weight if you eat burger and fries..

That's not the part that's obvious. The obvious part is that when you go on a crash diet you gain back all the weight because you go back to eating a normal amount of calories again, regardless of what those calories consist of.

Eat less than you expend during the day. That is the secret to weight loss. Drop the fad diets and do it right if you want to keep it off.

I wish this was working for me, but it's not. I have calorie deficit from 200-900 calories a day, and I'm not losing weight (I lose, but gain back).

I'm all for trying this if it jolts my body out of this pattern. The one thing that concerns me is that it says its for people "who need to lose large amounts of weight". I have 24 pounds to go - is that large? I'm thinking they mean it for 100 or more pounds . . .

No. That is not a large amount of weight to lose. It is more likely that you are just logging something incorrectly. Do you weigh all your food? Do you log everything you eat? Do you use a HRM for exercise?

Also, if you have that little to lose you should only be going for .5 lb a week. 1lb at the MOST. My best guess would be that it's not working for you because you are trying to drop weight too fast, under eating, and then when you go back to nourishing your body again it's packing the weight back in.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    What happens on the 4th day??

Cheesecake!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    So how many of you heard about this diet?

Heard about it. I get a lot of spam email though.
    because its obvious your gonna gain weight if you eat burger and fries..

Huh.....guess that 48lbs on my ticker must be fake then. I eat burgers and fries.....and pizza and pasta and ice cream and cookies....and cereal. Lots and lots of cereal.
    Im starting tomorrow.

Good luck with that. I'll just stick with a moderate calorie deficit and a slow, sustainable weight loss plan. It got me this far after all!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Ive been doing alot of research and it seems pretty legit. Every meal is pretty balanced but every meal is low in calories.
    I grasped the concept that i will not lose 10lbs of fat but of weight/waterweight.
    I'm not expecting to lose 10lbs just an extra 3-4lbs to add to my weekly loss. Alot of people say you gain the quickly BUT it depends what you eat when you come off of the diet because its obvious your gonna gain weight if you eat burger and fries..

Has anyone came off the diet and ate very cean and still gained weight?

What im planning to is the first day coming off of the diet is to eat alot of fruits and veggies and lean protein like eggs, fish and chicken.. then on the second day start introducing complex carbs, like whole wheat toast and by the third day im back to normal eating.

I wouldnt be mad if i gained back like 1 or 2 lbs, but if im exercising and eating sensely i dont see why i shud gain the lbs back..

Anyone wanna try it?

Im starting tomorrow.

as you've been eating healthily anyway, you probably won't get as good results with this. its like the first week of a new diet (when you have been eating crap) you can lose 8/9/10 lbs - most of it water but the next week you only lose a pound.

good luck with it anyway though.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100 more pounds so if I do this for 30 days will I reach goal? So excited!

You have to take a break of 4 days of normal eating before you do it again.
    http://www.3daydiets.net/

Aw nuts!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    3rux7s.jpg
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Please don't do this. You want to be lean for life right, not 10 pounds lighter for a week? This isn't going to help you achieve anything lasting; you may as well get a haircut for weight loss.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    NO! LOL! your body will crash. Do it slow and healthy for long term maintenance
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Copied from their website: "Neither the staff nor management of 3 Day Diets are experienced, licensed, or knowledgeable to judge or recommend the validity or safety of this diet. We do not necessarily endorse this diet and recommend that before trying this or any other diet to consult a physician or licensed medical practitioner. Use at your own risk. "
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

Ive been doing alot of research and it seems pretty legit. Every meal is pretty balanced but every meal is low in calories.

Not legit.

^^ She's never wrong.
  • tanisha88
    tanisha88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Copied from their website: "Neither the staff nor management of 3 Day Diets are experienced, licensed, or knowledgeable to judge or recommend the validity or safety of this diet. We do not necessarily endorse this diet and recommend that before trying this or any other diet to consult a physician or licensed medical practitioner. Use at your own risk. "

OMG, That so makes me want to try it!! :noway: The things some people do :indifferent:
  • faireplay
    Options
    Not to rain on anyone's parade but if you do the math, even 3-4 pounds in 3 days is nearly impossible.(Nor is it healthy) To lose one pound you must expend 3500 calories more than you consume.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

I grasped the concept that i will not lose 10lbs of fat but of weight/waterweight.
    I'm not expecting to lose 10lbs just an extra 3-4lbs to add to my weekly loss. Alot of people say you gain the quickly BUT it depends what you eat when you come off of the diet because its obvious your gonna gain weight if you eat burger and fries..
    I don't think you do grasp the concept. I eat burgers and fries all the time and still haven't gained weight from it...the weight you'd be gaining is the glycogen (a form of energy that repairs your muscles and organs). Yes, that comes back when you start eating again, for good reason.
    Has anyone came off the diet and ate very cean and still gained weight?

What im planning to is the first day coming off of the diet is to eat alot of fruits and veggies and lean protein like eggs, fish and chicken.. then on the second day start introducing complex carbs, like whole wheat toast and by the third day im back to normal eating.

I wouldnt be mad if i gained back like 1 or 2 lbs, but if im exercising and eating sensely i dont see why i shud gain the lbs back..

Anyone wanna try it?

Im starting tomorrow.
    It doesn't matter how 'clean' your food is, starving yourself and depleting glycogen is going to make you lose weight...eating sensibly again is going to make you gain your glycogen back, thank God.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Meh.

Just spend hours in a sauna and buy some laxatives.

You'll achieve the same result....