Lose 10lbs with the 3 Day Diet!

Options

Replies

• whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That sounds stupid. If you're wanting to lose 3-4 lbs. to actually keep off, then you need to make changes to your actual daily eating and activity.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

I always ask myself if people are ALWAYS STARTING DIETS why couldn't they get it right in the first place? I may have been overweight but I NEVER went on a diet, I found MFP and started to make healthier choices and lost 94lbs so far, maybe that gives me a good start on being able to give out a little advice? And the advice I give is being used by many of my MFP friends with great success, I'm obviously doing it WRONG :angry:
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

Pot, meet kettle.

Also, some of us are no longer overweight and have not been overweight for a long time now, because we lost weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. Now, some of those healthy successful people would like to pass on advice, such as the fact that these fad diets never work.

Ask yourself - if you have to keep coming back to this website to lose weight and defend the crash diets you've tried to "jump start" weight loss over and over, who is really giving the best advice?
  • denicedavies
    Options
    what is this 3 day diet id love to give it a go
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

If you need constant jump starts, then perhaps you are not actually ever making any sustainable changes to your diet. Just saying.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    SXPhE7.gif
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Guys, stop it. I'm usually more skeptical but it seems like they've finally found the answer. Has anyone alerted Oprah yet or should I text her?
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    If these kind of quick fix diets actually worked there wouldn't be overweight people. Wish it did though ha ha.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Not one. single. person. with demonstrable weight loss in this thread has endorsed this diet. When you see people who have lost and kept off 80 pounds, 100 pounds, (113!) saying "this is garbage," I promise you - they know what they're talking about.

Instead of telling them how to lose 10 pounds, ask them how they lost 100.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    10 pounds in 3 days?? There's no way. Unless you were storing a sh** ton of water weight..more than likely it's going to make you hungry and make you gain back any weight you lose once you come off the diet. Just stick with what you know girl..healthy eating and exercise..it will take longer, but I'm sure it will make you happier than a diet giving you "false hope". Good luck with what ever you choose though :flowerforyou:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sigh. This has been discussed countless times before on MFP. Here was the last thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/741436-3-day-military-diet-information-and-a-rant?hl=military+diet

I was first passed a photocopy of this 'diet' 20 years ago and told the foods created some kind of magical chemical reaction. What you eat and in what order has nothing to do with it - it's just a very low calorie diet for three days out of every seven. If anyone is tempted to do it you would be better looking at intermittent fasting or the 5:2 approach - low calorie two days a week, eat to your TDEE the other five.

And make sure on your 'down' days you eat good, healthy food - not hotdogs that are probably made from horsemeat (well, if you live in the UK anyway!)

Once again, if there was a miracle cure for being overweight (and I include myself in that category) then we would all already be doing it.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100 more pounds so if I do this for 30 days will I reach goal? So excited!

You have to take a break of 4 days of normal eating before you do it again.
    http://www.3daydiets.net/

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken
  • originalkazila
    Options

Not one. single. person. with demonstrable weight loss in this thread has endorsed this diet. When you see people who have lost and kept off 80 pounds, 100 pounds, (113!) saying "this is garbage," I promise you - they know what they're talking about.

This.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100 more pounds so if I do this for 30 days will I reach goal? So excited!
    No, it would take you 70 days, or just over 3 months do do it. Personally, I don't know if I could take 3 months of hotdogs. They are ok once in a while........
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So you're saying you will lose 3-4 lbs in 3 days, then wait 4 days, while gaining back 1-2 lbs, before starting again.

You're doing all this in order to lose 1-2 lbs a week. You could do it with a 500-100 calorie deficit instead, and while eating whatever you want.
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    This is what it says at the bottom of the diet

"Neither the staff nor management of 3 Day Diets are experienced, licensed, or knowledgeable to judge or recommend the validity or safety of this diet. We do not necessarily endorse this diet and recommend that before trying this or any other diet to consult a physician or licensed medical practitioner. Use at your own risk."

I would say create your own healthy diet that you keep up with every day not just 3 days.
  • tanisha88
    tanisha88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I always ask myself if people are ALWAYS STARTING DIETS why couldn't they get it right in the first place? I may have been overweight but I NEVER went on a diet, I found MFP and started to make healthier choices and lost 94lbs so far, maybe that gives me a good start on being able to give out a little advice? And the advice I give is being used by many of my MFP friends with great success, I'm obviously doing it WRONG :angry:

I think that you have misunderstood what I have said, I am not implying that what you or anyone else has said is wrong, what I am saying is that if you listen to everyone that has/hasn't lost weight's advice it can be very confusing. And when you read people's success stories they often have different routes they take. I do not profess to know everything or even anything about losing weight what I do know is that one shoe definitely doesn't fit all. This is the 1st time in my life that I have been overweight and felt the need to make a lifestyle change and all I'm saying is that it can be a minefield.
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This diet has been around for at least 20 years, because I remember my mom doing it when I was a kid. It's pretty gross. It will only work if you have 10 pounds of water weight to lose. Because that's what you're losing. You'll gain it all back when you start to eat correctly again.
  • tanisha88
    tanisha88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

If I lost 80, 100 or 113lbs I'd probably be dead so that advice isn't really applicable to me...like I said everyone is on a slightly different path and if there was a formula that everyone could follow to the letter I think we all would. I have not said that this 3 day diet is a good idea, I have just shared my personal experience