Lose 10lbs with the 3 Day Diet!

Options

Replies

• lamomandwife12
    Options
    Today was my first day with this diet! I have a friend that has been very successful with this diet. She has lost about 35 lbs in the past three or four months on it. She actually stays on it for four days then she eats what she wants on the weekend. Well actually less now! Hopefully I can have the same results but I know everybody is different!
  • WhitR86
    WhitR86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Screenshot_2013-02-13-21-55-43-1_zpsdd6a848f.png
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

Not one. single. person. with demonstrable weight loss in this thread has endorsed this diet. When you see people who have lost and kept off 80 pounds, 100 pounds, (113!) saying "this is garbage," I promise you - they know what they're talking about.

Instead of telling them how to lose 10 pounds, ask them how they lost 100.

If I lost 80, 100 or 113lbs I'd probably be dead so that advice isn't really applicable to me...like I said everyone is on a slightly different path and if there was a formula that everyone could follow to the letter I think we all would. I have not said that this 3 day diet is a good idea, I have just shared my personal experience

There is a formula we all follow to the letter for weight loss. It's called "calorie deficit."

^^^ Lmao I was just about to respond with that exact comment!

Edited to add: It's true that people use different methods to create a deficit, but in the end a reasonable (not extreme) calorie deficit is the answer for every single person on here without an established medical condition. (Established by a real life doctor. Not by WebMD.)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    People are very quick to judge, different things work for different people I tried the gm diet which is 7 days long, I didn't lose loads of weight but my appetite adapted, which I found a kickstart to a sustainable change in diet. But I always struggled with starting a diet so for me it worked. Some people will always give you advice on what they think is best but i always ask myself when they are commenting on posts if they are such experts in the right and healthy way to live, why are they overweight in the 1st place. Good luck whatever u decide

I think i did ok without it.

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    In all honesty the title of this post looks like the suspicious spam e-mail that I send staight to the junk folder. I don't want to be called MEAN for attempting to give good sustainable advice so I'm going to run away from this thread as fast as these short legs can take me. Best wishes to you though!
    *sticks foot out to trip* No stay here and watch. :wink:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    You will likely gain those 10 lbs back.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Not one. single. person. with demonstrable weight loss in this thread has endorsed this diet. When you see people who have lost and kept off 80 pounds, 100 pounds, (113!) saying "this is garbage," I promise you - they know what they're talking about.

Instead of telling them how to lose 10 pounds, ask them how they lost 100.

If I lost 80, 100 or 113lbs I'd probably be dead so that advice isn't really applicable to me...like I said everyone is on a slightly different path and if there was a formula that everyone could follow to the letter I think we all would. I have not said that this 3 day diet is a good idea, I have just shared my personal experience
    There is. Look up the "Energy Expenditure" (EE) equations for humans. Usually based on BMR (Basil Metabolic rate) or RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate). Essentially, google TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

This is coming from a person who only lost 30 lbs, if that's what you're looking for, not that it's relevant lol.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    So you're saying you will lose 3-4 lbs in 3 days, then wait 4 days, while gaining back 1-2 lbs, before starting again.

You're doing all this in order to lose 1-2 lbs a week. You could do it with a 500-100 calorie deficit instead, and while eating whatever you want.

QFT
  • tanisha88
    tanisha88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Yes people are quick to judge on things that aren't right. You think smoking meth would be good? This diet plan isn't a good one.

You're quick to judge in case you haven't noticed as well. When I was very over weight I got my personal trainer certification, Ever since I was 13 years old I have been reading on health and nutrition. Yet i did nothing about it, I was over weight. Just because someone is over weight doesn't mean they don't know anything.

When I first came on MFP, people thought i was full of crap wit what i would say on how to lose weight. "you're fat you don't know anything." I have literally been told that. 103 later(lost 60lbs before i came on MFP) They probably quit, they should have listened to the fat guy on how to lose weight.

I am not judging anyone, 'those who can do, those who can't teach' that can be very appropriate, I don't doubt that some people that are overweight have extensive knowledge when it comes to losing weight and some go on to living a healthy lifestyle which is the aim for us all. I apologise i feel that my post has come across completely differently to how it was written. All I was saying is that I used a detox diet to kick start a healthy lifestyle, 7 days of cutting back to essentials helped me change my views on how much food I needed, I didn't really use it for weightloss I used it to change my mentality towards food.

But again let me apologise to anyone that found my post offensive, that was not my aim
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day with this diet! I have a friend that has been very successful with this diet. She has lost about 35 lbs in the past three or four months on it. She actually stays on it for four days then she eats what she wants on the weekend. Well actually less now! Hopefully I can have the same results but I know everybody is different!
    Yes, I'm sure when she has reached her goal weight (and having lost way too much muscle in the process) that she will magically know how to eat in a healthy sustainable manner for the rest of her life. And her new habits will account for her now even lower calorie needs (since she has a lot less LBM) and won't have her gaining all the weight back.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

33110506_8190.jpg

Meow!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg
    Me to. I don't have before pics but here are some midway->to goal
    553411_10152228600600607_1327804580_n.jpg
    And with the same tight 'spandex' as before:
    530608_10152490462855607_2056049374_n.jpg76379_10152490463445607_533056799_n.jpg

Yay eating like an adult.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I never heard of the 3 day diet. I do the Maker's diet myself it works very well. I lost 17 pounds so far with it.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg

tumblr_m2fl8kuWiL1qk5mgvo1_500.gif
  • SheAintGivinqUp160
    SheAintGivinqUp160 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    THATS WHY IM PAYING NO MIND TO PPL THAT THINK IM TRYING TO DO A QUICK FIX LMAO, THEY DONT KNO ME .. THEY DONT KNO I LOST 50LBS SLOW AND STEADY .. AND IM ONLY TRYING THIS DIET TO GET RID OF WATER WEIGHT AND INCREASE MY ENERGY.. IM JUST EXPERIMENTING W MY BODY
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I never heard of the 3 day diet. I do the Maker's diet myself it works very well. I lost 17 pounds so far with it.

I love how that guy is getting rich selling a kosher diet to Christians.
  • SheAintGivinqUp160
    Options
    GOOGLE EXPLAINS IT BETTER THEN ME
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    3rux7s.jpg

I love this cat! He makes me chuckle every time. Never gets old!
  • SheAintGivinqUp160
    Options
    WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING !! AND YES PPL SWEAR THERE EXPERTS BUT THERE OVERWEIGHT!! LOL IM JUST EXPERIMENTING WITH MY BODY IM NOT LOOKING FOR A QUICK FIX
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg

You talking about the GM diet? (what is that)

Crank wasn't talking about the GM diet, someone else was.

I stumbled upon it one (like legit, used stumbleupon.com), it's a 7 day diet where one day you eat all fruit but no bananas, another day it's a different type of food, then the next something else.
    It's not really practical but here's more information: http://www.gmdietworks.com/

http://www.worldofdiets.com/gm-general-motors-diet/