Folks with daughters....

Options
12346»

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I probably would've thought it was weird that he was talking to the girl and not said anything to her UNTIL he touched her. That is a complete over the line move and good for him for stepping in.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Way to go! We have to teach our daughters to be cautious of creeps, but also we have to teach our sons to respect girls so maybe they won't turn into creeps. In reality we have to teach our sons to be on the look out for creeps as well.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    So glad you were there. I'm a mom with two sons and two daughters and I thank you sir for watching out for these girls. We have talked about these situations as a family, too. So scary out there.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,075 Member
    Options
    There is too much creepy in the world. It's a problem.

...and teenage girls need to be given huge amounts of self-esteem. Stop preparing them for marrige, and start preparing them for confidence and boundaries.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I think too many people are splitting hairs over the statistic rates and etc....
    The guy's behavior was totally creepy - there was a time not long ago I was a 14girl who was fully developed and grown physically. Some people would guess my age dead on but there were plenty of men, that were on the shady side, who figured I was young but close enough to legal.
    Maybe he wouldn't have done anything but ya never know and there is still that percentage of women who are assaulted by someone they don't know

Not to be a prude but I know I wouldn't let my daughter wear just any kind of bikini either and will be teaching her to be on the offensive

I think it's awesome you stepped in