Replies

• Dragonflag07
    Dragonflag07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Very well done!
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great story, congratulations on all of your success! Best wishes!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Great job you look amazing!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love how happy you are in the last pic! I totally agree with you about MFP friends being true!!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    ONe word says it all - BEAUTIFUL! Your story, your journey, your attitude, your attention to your health, your honesty, and YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, your story is anything but boring. It is heartfelt and inspirational. Don't stop sharing it. Congratulations on your new and much happier life!

:flowerforyou:
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • Yvette22Hernandez
    Yvette22Hernandez Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazing! awesome job! sometimes we have to reflect and get rid of the things that are toxic in our lives. well done.:smile:
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job you've done, and so happy you're happy :)! That's what matters, and you should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • kendaQ
    kendaQ Posts: 14
    Options
    I am sooo HAPPY for YOU!! Congrats on achieving your goals and being able to live a healthy LIFE. GLAD you left that LOSER!!!
  • Shanthornton
    Options
    Freakin AWESOME!!! thanx for my daily dose of Motivation!!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look great, and the stories are NEVER boring!! Yay for you!:flowerforyou:
  • bevjo0412
    bevjo0412 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    good Job. You are an inspiration to me.
  • PandaPudges
    Options
    Wowza! You are so gorgeous (big and small, I must say) and you're so powerful as a human and as a woman to have stuck with it! I hope so very much I can follow in your footsteps and lose the 97 lbs I want to lose! Congrats on the fiancee!!!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'll post pics first because my story is probably boring to most. For scale purposes and stats:
    I lost this weight in just over a year. I'm 5'4", also 23 years old. :D

b22bdd40-80a6-4311-bc58-3d9ddab8978d_zpsffef89f2.jpg

What I lost:
    ~77lbs
    ~Toxic people in my life
    ~False friends
    ~Plus-size clothes
    ~Asthma

What I gained:
    ~A fiancé
    ~Confidence
    ~True friends
    ~Motivation
    ~Health
    ~Happiness
    ~Self-esteem
    ~Respect
    ~Energy
    ~A life

Basically, the reason I was overweight was due to a bad relationship, where I was emotionally abused and controlled with food. I guess I can come out right and say it since it's a closed chapter now - he was a feeder. And what gave him kicks, gave me terrible health. But discussing that with him was pretty much impossible.

I got a chance to be free, and took it. This is when my life really started.

How did I lose this weight? A 1200 cal diet. I know some people disagree with that, and whatever, but that's what worked for me. I'm now up to 1300 cals a day, and that basically gives me generous meal portions and perhaps a small snack/hot chocolate in the evening.

I also did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred three times, over a space of 9 months or so. I'm currently dragging myself through Ripped in 30.

It's been difficult. It's not been a cakewalk; it's just been a long, long, heavy walk with no cake in sight. It's been exhausting when the scales stopped moving, frustrating when I gave in to sweets, terrifying when I've tried something new. Would I do it all over again? Yes - but I'll make sure I never have to.

There were consequences to my new found health. I lost many friends who were tired of seeing me change. I say "friends", using the term loosely - no friend would talk behind my back about me being selfish for wanting to become slim, and move to Germany to be with my partner. That's just a resentful observer. To those who are experiencing similar resentment from others - rise above it. You are doing the right thing. You are becoming healthy, you are expanding your life expectancy, you are gaining confidence. That is what is valuable here. Not what others think of you.

Thank you, MFP and to the friends I have made here, for being there every day. Because no one else really was, besides my partner of course. Here's a picture of how happy I am because of you:

2012-12-30142731_zps5d50fbd7.jpg

WOW!!!! not only are you beautiful on the outside - but your inside is AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS! What a wonderful, positive post! THANK YOU!
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS :flowerforyou: on the weight loss, new love & your new life that you've made for yourself! That's AWESOME!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story and you look amazing, congratulations!
    I am starting to realise I have friends like this too who aren't actually as happy for me as they made out when I was still big but began losing. Last week, I skyped a friend who used to be smaller than me who is now bigger than me and she asked me if I was eating properly because she didn't see how it was healthy to have lost weight so quickly. I always eat above 1200 calories a day and I work out every day, the poster for a healthy life style if you ask me!

It's sad, but I have also realised who my true friends are - the ones that are amazed every time they see me or I tell them I have dropped another dress size and they are so happy for me.

Again, you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • nmn2
    nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    good for you, you look great!
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love your story and am so glad you found your Zen...your soul mate...and yourself.
  • cgo8890
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing...Congrats on your engagement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!