Looking for friends who actually eat

Options

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I love to eat. I just got out of the routine of working out and didn't lower my calories to reflect that. I workout hard so that I can enjoy life and vodka all while staying healthy. :) I'd love to be friends with anyone that feels the same.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I love to eat. I just got out of the routine of working out and didn't lower my calories to reflect that. I workout hard so that I can enjoy life and vodka all while staying healthy. :) I'd love to be friends with anyone that feels the same.

Lol, yes. If I work out (and I need to more often) I'm eating those calories. I'm committed to this, but I like my food and I'm not giving everything up
  • ButMeeerrrmmm
    Options
    I'm looking for friends too! Only two of my real-life friends are on here, so feel free to add me! I have an open diary and I'm just starting over. I was overweight in college, lost 90 lbs(!) in three years, was looking and feeling fabulous. Walking, jogging, and pilates, as well as some lighter lifting. Well slowly but surely I put on about 50 lbs after I quit walking, and I wasn't working out frequently enough to make a dent in my calorie consumption. My diet was alright when I was trying and horrible when I wasn't. I went through a period of time where I was living in a hotel and didn't have access to a kitchen or healthy foods, I was just trying to survive. I literally had Checker's dollar menu to choose from, or Waffle House if I was feeling fancy. ANYWAY.

So fast forward a little bit. My husband and I have our own place and are no longer struggling to survive. We get pregnant. I gained ANOTHER 40 lbs, and lost most of it within a few weeks after birth, but then gained it RIGHT back. I'm just now, nine months AFTER my child was born, feeling like I can grab control of my diet and find some time to work out again.

I'm a mom and a wife, and I do most of the cooking. I stay at home for now, so I'm online a lot. I'm not following a diet plan per se, but I'm obviously tracking here on MFP, trying to avoid most grains and anything white, cutting down on sugar, and increasing my veggie and protein intake as much as possible. I still have to cook for a family though so I try to make everything extra delicious. My main goal is to lose my excess belly fat, have enough stamina and energy to keep up with my daughter and set an example of health and happiness without feeling deprived.

The exercises I love to do are dancing, walking and jogging, Pilates and yoga. I live in a TERRIBLE area for walking and jogging, so mostly I dance and stretch out. I want a treadmill SO BAD! I've lost 15 lbs on MFP so far!

Height: 5'7"
    Starting weight: 275
    Current weight: 260
    First goal weight: 250
    Ultimate goal weight: 160

Hope to meet some of y'all!

KT
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat. I love to cook and am having way too much fun trying to revamp foods into healthier versions. I am also really, really into nutrition. You all can add me too, I need motivation! Down 15 pounds and about 40 to go, but might change that when I get there.
  • carrie1202
    Options
    I eat :) I work nights ans sometimes don't get dinner. I am so grumpy when this happens :( thats the only time I fall below. I eat nutritious and allow a cheat day on the weekend. I love to cook and am open to many friends on here! I need the support!
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love to cook; I love to eat. I'm all about adding nutritional value to our favorite recipes, but not so much into cutting calories out, as my 7 year old needs every calorie we can get into him (multiple health issues and one of his very necessary medications completely kills his appetite) and my teen works out hard at his fencing club anywhere from 12-20 hours a week. With lots of doctors appointments and a busy toddler underfoot, I fell out of the habit of cooking really great meals a while back, but am working to improve our diets again. I have 40-50 pounds to lose and am confident that I can do so without starving.
  • ChristinaNamaste
    Options
    Right on, on the same track as you, Beth! I will add you :)
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ... being a woman that was 240 at my heaviest weight... they want me to consume 1600 calories a day... jsut as hard as it is for people to stop eating.. its hard for me to eat all those calories... and being that i work out 6 days a week it adds to what im suppose to be eating.. dammed if u do.. dammed if u dont.. i dont think its about starving yourself.. i eat 6 times a day... just cuz i eat healthy doesent mean im starving.. i think its a bit critical!!!!

I don't think the OP or anyone on this thread wanted o offend anyone that doesn't reach their calorie goal... I actually had to learn to reach it myself. But she as well as others are just searching for like minded people to be better at supporting each other.

Exactly. I really don't mean to offend anyone. I have a history of starving and binging. I am at a point now where I am trying eating more on a consistent basis and trying to make healthier choices. I am looking for friends who also have found healthy ways to meet higher calorie goals who can potential introduce me to new food choices that are good and good for me to help me keep up my progress.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

SW - 180
    CW - 165
    GW - 125

I eat mostly "real foods" I do also do whey protein shakes and protien bars.
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, if you want more friends. :)
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat awesome nutritious and healthy food! I love food :) Anyone can add me :)
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    I cook, everyday. I love food. We as a society, love food. We talk about it, write about it, we watch it prepared on TV. We share it with our friends and family.

Food is a big part of our lives. It is not just fuel for our bodies. It's how we connect to each other.

I can't relate to people who have the "good"/"bad" mindset when it comes to what they eat. Yes, there are some foods that don't carry the same nutritional value for the calories. We probably shouldn't eat those as much because it hurts us. But I don't hang out on the boards here often because I've seen a demonstrated fear of food among many MFP members and it makes me really sad.

I'm looking for friends who are not afraid of food, but rather, those who enjoy it and welcome it as an important part of their lives.

Also, I made bacon-wrapped asparagus for dinner tonight, and let me tell YOU! So tasty :)
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at eating 2300 a day. I eat most, if not all of them daily. Feel free to add me.
  • boomerz12
    Options
    I'd rather be healthy than just skinny. I love food! I'm always up for some friendly conversations and advice as far as exercise goes and I'll do the same. I came here for support and I believe in supporting others. Feel free to add, anyone.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... I try and eat as clean as i can and rang from between 1200 and 1500 cals.
  • SaundraM2009
    SaundraM2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love eating, only slightly more than I love moving.

Mom of 1
    5' 8"
    CW-150
    GW-140
    Calories 1460/day

Let's be pals.
  • whenthepawn
    Options
    I dont think ive ever been under 1200. I try to stay under 1500 but it def is a struggle sometimes! Lots of healthy stuff now though with the odd treat and weekend takeaway ;)
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat too! mostly plant based :D
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    30 y/o Male 5'9"

SW: 382
    CW: 238

Daily Calorie intake: 3000+
    Daily workouts - 2 / 60min plus

I love to eat, and i love to work out... its a pretty good combo.
  • mediatorslave
    Options
    I just joined and need all the help I can get to stay motivated and not eat crap! needs lots of support and tips :) feel free to add me :)