What to do with all those egg yolks?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There haven't been any proven links to egg yolks or dietary cholesterol raising your blood cholesterol. The most effective way you're going to effect your cholesterol levels is to get to a healthy weight and eating healthy real food.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Bump - trying to get all of my topics to 500....
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Make Creme Brulee with them.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I throw them in the trash
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my yolks, but if I ever do have any left over, I cook them up and give them to my puppy. She loves them!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    My 9 hens would be so so so insulted if they found out I ever threw their yolks away!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    buy egg whites in the carton and then use one of those poaching trays to cook all egg white poached eggs....then there is no waste.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Don't waste them. Even if you really don't want to eat them (I would, though), use them and let other people eat it.

Use leftover egg yolk and make lemon curd, pastry cream, hollandaise, creme brulee, key lime pie, etc.
    The options are endless.

I love how you think!!!
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    eat them
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    eat them

^^^ This!

The whole egg white omelet this is not a big deal int he UK. I know a lot of high end chefs that would refuse to make an omelet without yolks.

Personally I believe that the scaremongering over cholesterol is ridiculous. Half the protein in the egg is in the yolk!

No one needs to eat a 10 egg white omelet.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    eat them

^^^ This!

The whole egg white omelet this is not a big deal int he UK. I know a lot of high end chefs that would refuse to make an omelet without yolks.

Personally I believe that the scaremongering over cholesterol is ridiculous. Half the protein in the egg is in the yolk!

No one needs to eat a 10 egg white omelet.

BRAVO!!! This is so true!! I myself have NEVER ate just an egg white!? I love the yolk. most of the protein is in it!!!!:drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat them! It's the best part. Is there even any nutrient in egg white? I stick to Eggland's Best though, as they're healthier (I don't know how and I don't want to know).