Replies

• tjohn034
    tjohn034 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Dont worry be happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    As I said, I hate tailgaters. But if I get tailgated because I'm being an asshat, I get out of the way as quickly as i can.

It shouldn't be my responsibilty to move out of the way if I am in the correct lane and going with or faster than the flow of traffic. If the one tailgating me is wanting me out of the way, well then that is really on them because there is no reason to tailgate... none whatsoever. If someone is going to be the asshat and create a dangerous situation in the first place (which would be their fault in the case of an accident) then it is all on them. I will move out of the way when I can safely do so,regardless of what my speed is. I will do my best to not put someone else's life in danger because I am in a hurry... As I am not the only person on the road and I am likely not the only person anxious to get to my destination.

There's a difference between having responsibility and showing common courtesy.

There's also the idea of not creating problems when they are very easily avoided. All you have to do is slip over for a moment. But if you'd rather stay in the other driver's way because you feel you now own the lane, nobody is going to stop you.. (They'll just tailgate you).

I didn't say I wouldn't move over... I just would do it in my own sweet time... and someone with a small penis (or thinks they should have one) that feels they now own the lane themselves isn't going to intimidate me into moving faster if I am already moving faster than the flow of traffic... being in Texas where the left lane IS the passing lane by law, I am aware of what it is intended for and will be used thusly... But some douche with a jacked up F350 riding my *kitten* isn't going to make me move any faster... they can just cool it and I will move over when it is safe to do so and not a moment sooner. I'm not going to speed up to 95 to pass people either when everyone else is going 70-75.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    As I said, I hate tailgaters. But if I get tailgated because I'm being an asshat, I get out of the way as quickly as i can.

It shouldn't be my responsibilty to move out of the way if I am in the correct lane and going with or faster than the flow of traffic. If the one tailgating me is wanting me out of the way, well then that is really on them because there is no reason to tailgate... none whatsoever. If someone is going to be the asshat and create a dangerous situation in the first place (which would be their fault in the case of an accident) then it is all on them. I will move out of the way when I can safely do so,regardless of what my speed is. I will do my best to not put someone else's life in danger because I am in a hurry... As I am not the only person on the road and I am likely not the only person anxious to get to my destination.

There's a difference between having responsibility and showing common courtesy.

There's also the idea of not creating problems when they are very easily avoided. All you have to do is slip over for a moment. But if you'd rather stay in the other driver's way because you feel you now own the lane, nobody is going to stop you.. (They'll just tailgate you).

I didn't say I wouldn't move over... I just would do it in my own sweet time... and someone with a small penis (or thinks they should have one) that feels they now own the lane themselves isn't going to intimidate me into moving faster if I am already moving faster than the flow of traffic... being in Texas where the left lane IS the passing lane by law, I am aware of what it is intended for and will be used thusly... But some douche with a jacked up F350 riding my *kitten* isn't going to make me move any faster... they can just cool it and I will move over when it is safe to do so and not a moment sooner. I'm not going to speed up to 95 to pass people either when everyone else is going 70-75.

Glad to see that it comes down to penis size.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Here's a technique I've learned for tailgaters. If you tap your brakes you just make them mad and they get more aggressive and more dangerous.. here's what you do. Try to get eye contact with them in the rearview and make your eyes look really big and excited then wave to them like mad with one hand. Tailgater generally has one of two responses: Reaction one is they think: "crap is that someone I know?!" and they slow down because they're worried about embarrassing themselves in front of someone that may recognize them. Reaction two is: they think "crap I don't know that person but they're waving to me like they know me.. they must be CRAZY!" and they slow down. Either way they slow down and get off your bumper, win win. Seriously this works almost every time and I've taught the technique to countless people. So if you're tailgating someone and they start waving at you like crazy.. my fault. ;)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    :explode: seriously, I'm not a mindreader.

Never ever ever attempt to drive in Bahrain. That's normal here. And Bahrain is extremely tame compared to Saudi Arabia. Doing a u-turn over the central reservation of a motorway without signalling is normal in Saudi Arabia, as is driving through red lights, driving the wrong way up a stretch of dual carriageway in order to turn left, avoiding having to go to the end of the road, do a u-turn, then come back and turn right, because the Saudi police's response to the problem of people having accidents due to not looking and/or signalling before turning left, is to prevent people from being able to turn left.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Some of us are taking this matter very seriously. Signaling is a must.

h46707C40
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Here's a technique I've learned for tailgaters. If you tap your brakes you just make them mad and they get more aggressive and more dangerous.. here's what you do. Try to get eye contact with them in the rearview and make your eyes look really big and excited then wave to them like mad with one hand. Tailgater generally has one of two responses: Reaction one is they think: "crap is that someone I know?!" and they slow down because they're worried about embarrassing themselves in front of someone that may recognize them. Reaction two is: they think "crap I don't know that person but they're waving to me like they know me.. they must be CRAZY!" and they slow down. Either way they slow down and get off your bumper, win win. Seriously this works almost every time and I've taught the technique to countless people. So if you're tailgating someone and they start waving at you like crazy.. my fault. ;)

I'm thinking a "student driver" sign on the back of the car might work, too. Nobody wants to be around those. I'll try waving in the meantime and see what happens.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Nothing pisses me off more than someone literally stopping in the middle of the road because they realized they need to get over. WTF!!! What ever happened to going down the street to turn around?!?!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Nothing pisses me off more than someone literally stopping in the middle of the road because they realized they need to get over. WTF!!! What ever happened to going down the street to turn around?!?!

This happened to me last week! I almost got in an accident because of it. He wasn't using his signal, started to get into the next lane, then whipped back in front of me because nobody knew he was trying to get over, so they didn't slow down for him. When he did get over, he did the same damn thing and stopped in the lane. Dumbass.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    This is just one of the many things other driver whine about that I don't give a rat's @$$ about...unless they get in front of me AND I have to slow down because you aren't going the same speed or a faster speed than I am. If you get in front of me and keep up with traffic...who the hell cares??? But if you are the dumb @$$ that gets in front of me and goes slower than I was going, no turn signal that you may have been using will keep me from being pissed off at you.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I have about 5-6 dudes in ridiculously huge pickups do this EVERY DAY. And I would bet a substantial amount of money that they are the same type of douches who like to talk about what terrible drivers women are.
  • kariannmbc
    kariannmbc Posts: 144
    Options
    I can't stand it!!!!!!!! It is one of my biggest pet peeves.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is tailgaters.

I've done some pretty stupid things to annoy them back after they've annoyed me.

My dad taught me to flick my lights on so they'll see the red lights, think I'm braking, and panic. My dad has a mean streak
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

I just give the finger.. more to the point
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve these days. Is it really that hard to signal?

Especially after I had an accident last year because some guy lane changed this way into the side of my car. Almost happened again the other day, too.

Additionally, be more aware of blind spots. Not just your own, but those of the cars in lanes around you. Signals might not be seen if you're in a guy's blind spot. (And if you're in that position, you're probably not far enough away from their car to cut in front of them anyway.)
  • tskitzoid
    tskitzoid Posts: 51
    Options
    thats illegal... if people do it they can get a ticket.. so.. i always use my signal even if no one is around..

So is talking on a cellphone while driving--but I see it done all the time. :tongue:

Neither one of those is illegal...
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It depends how close they are. If they are just a few feet away, I change lanes, speed up and do it to them.
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    thats illegal... if people do it they can get a ticket.. so.. i always use my signal even if no one is around..

So is talking on a cellphone while driving--but I see it done all the time. :tongue:

Neither one of those is illegal...

Depends where you're from. It's illegal in Australia.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    What I hate more than this......Being on a two way road and having a motorcycle pass me on the left and one on the right (which is the emergency lane) at the same time! Have had this happen to me twice and once there wasn't even an emergency lane, just a little extra patch of road where the line was painted. I almost pulled to a complete stop it scared me so bad.
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    Don't even get me started on idiot drivers. Seriously.