Changing lanes without signaling

Options
12346»

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I come from Texas, where a signal doesn't mean "let me in" it means "get out of the way, I'm coming over." It's done me well, especially now that I live in LA.
  • tskitzoid
    tskitzoid Posts: 51
    Options
    I come from Texas, where a signal doesn't mean "let me in" it means "get out of the way, I'm coming over." It's done me well, especially now that I live in LA.

What part of Texas is that? o-o I'm from Texas as well and I don't think I've ever experienced drivers like that. Now up in PA here, well everyone's a giant a'hole when it comes to the road. lol No blinkers, people going in turn only lanes to continue driving straight...Oi! Not to mention all the old people who think they have the right to cut you off at stop-signs, which most people don't even stop at, they just slow down and then keep going. xD
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Two sides of this for me. I ride a motorcycle, so people that make erratic lange changes without signaling definitely p*ss me off. Just barel avoided being run over a couple of times.

On the flip side, there are times when people don't want to let me merge. Like they think that when I am on my bike and signaling, that I am asking permission. I'm not. I'm signaling where I am going. Let me in. Few stock cars can out -accelerate my motorcycle.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    thats illegal... if people do it they can get a ticket.. so.. i always use my signal even if no one is around..

So is talking on a cellphone while driving--but I see it done all the time. :tongue:

Neither one of those is illegal...

Depends where you're from. It's illegal in Australia.

They both get you a ticket in MD.

Also, if I signal and everyone's being a D and not letting me in, it goes from "please let me in" to "F you, I'm gettin' over"!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    thats illegal... if people do it they can get a ticket.. so.. i always use my signal even if no one is around..

In MI it's illegal for a woman to cut her hair without her husband's permission. Guess how many girls do that...