Are there people who eat real food out there?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hear hear!! *hand raised high* :) feel free to add and browse my diary. Cheers! Julie
  • ginnyadams
    ginnyadams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need to get better at this also so will be adding some of you!
  • MsCristie
    MsCristie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a single working mom of two- almost all real foods. I had read and it works for me to eat the same things pretty much every day. It is easy to know how many calories I am taking in. I do have a soda on the weekends (I like it) and on Sundays my friends and I do a dinner party (so I try to get in as much exercise as possible).

What has also worked for me is I cook our meat for the week on Sundays (usually chicken). The weekdays are just two crazy! After work I race to day care and school, then a quick snack for the kids and then dropping the older one at Karate. So by having the meat cooked, I reheat (if needed) throw together a salad or whatever and dinner only takes 10-20 minutes.

Good luck!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the overwelming response. There are lots of questions as to my defination of "real" food. I mean no processed food or at least bare minimum. I mean eating food that comes from a plant or animal not a factory. Once I get active again I will be using a protein power on occasion but currently I do not. I don't drink soda, juice (store bought), packaged dinners of any type, very little breads, pastas, and/or crackers, I don't eat junk food period. I haven't been eating wheat or dairy. I make my own condiments, from real lemon's juice, oils (mostly olive), vinegars, and spices. I hardly eat out and when I do its at a real resturant and I order meat and veggies with no dressings or sauces. I don't eat fast food. The meat I eat is higher quality so no processed meats, I buy a half a pig from a farmer, I buy chickens, turkeys, and eggs from our hudirites, and I eat a lot of wild game meat. I don't eat any artificial sweetners period.

I'm trying to live and eat healthier, for me it's not about weight loss (although its a good side effect) it's about healthy living. Of course bare in mind I'm human so from time to time I'm going to eat what I want and not feel guilty when I do. Up until last weekend I had went 6.5 weeks with no processed food or real food as I call it. I had no dairy, sugar, chocolate, wheat, candy, chips, package meals/meats. The only package food I had was like organic gluten free pastas, brown puffed rice crackers, and some canned veggies and frozen fruit and veggies. I did have rotisserie chicken a few times from the local store too. Even my steel cut oats I make from scratch.

If I don't get around to adding you, please add me if you think we can offered assistance to one another.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the overwelming response. There are lots of questions as to my defination of "real" food. I mean no processed food or at least bare minimum. I mean eating food that comes from a plant or animal not a factory. Once I get active again I will be using a protein power on occasion but currently I do not. I don't drink soda, juice (store bought), packaged dinners of any type, very little breads, pastas, and/or crackers, I don't eat junk food period. I haven't been eating wheat or dairy. I make my own condiments, from real lemon's juice, oils (mostly olive), vinegars, and spices. I hardly eat out and when I do its at a real resturant and I order meat and veggies with no dressings or sauces. I don't eat fast food. The meat I eat is higher quality so no processed meats, I buy a half a pig from a farmer, I buy chickens, turkeys, and eggs from our hudirites, and I eat a lot of wild game meat. I don't eat any artificial sweetners period.

I'm trying to live and eat healthier, for me it's not about weight loss (although its a good side effect) it's about healthy living. Of course bare in mind I'm human so from time to time I'm going to eat what I want and not feel guilty when I do. Up until last weekend I had went 6.5 weeks with no processed food or real food as I call it. I had no dairy, sugar, chocolate, wheat, candy, chips, package meals/meats. The only package food I had was like organic gluten free pastas, brown puffed rice crackers, and some canned veggies and frozen fruit and veggies. I did have rotisserie chicken a few times from the local store too. Even my steel cut oats I make from scratch.

If I don't get around to adding you, please add me if you think we can offered assistance to one another.

Oh ya, I love organic when it's possible and not ridicousily priced.