Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

"A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?"

^^^^^ It's easier to just not eat than to spend hours at the gym????? Ummm...you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Eating next to nothing and starving yourself is not easy or fun. Please excuse me while I scarf down my 700 calorie lunch to make sure I hit my 2000 cals for the day. I have fun in the gym. Yes....I work my *kitten* off, but I enjoy every minute of it and so does every other woman who lifts heavy. It's why we do what we do.

Oh.....and women who lift heavy are not "slightly" healthier than an anorexic. Anorexia is a serious mental and physical sickness. Anorexics are not healthy at all. A fit woman who lifts heavy, has low body fat and is as strong as an ox is the epitome of "healthy"

I spend about 1.5 hours a week at the gym.

So....? You don't look anything like her.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Except for the gun (and liking Nascar), she's perfect.

lol,
    fit chick + gun = zombie killah!

zombie killahs rule
    13024_539142209439788_836889049_n.jpg

and so does christmas!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have to admire the dedication and effort behind Ms. Abbott's results.

Unfortunately, I do not admire the results.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I think that she's gotten the results she's wanted and I'm sure a ton of people find her attractive.

I just find 6 packs on a woman way too much. Love women that lift, but the 6 pack is a turn off for me.

I'm sure a lot of people dont find me attractive either. But I am "mostly" ok with who I am so I don't need their approval and I'm sure she doesnt need mine.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Options
    A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?

Maybe the reason "people" feel ashamed of the way they look is because people say things like:
    I usually can find something attractive about any woman, but she doesn't look beautiful or healthy at all. [/img]

I'm sorry it upsets you so much, but I don't find her attractive. Am I not allowed to not find her attractive? It's not even the muscles, so much, as the sickly looking leathery skin and the veins and the look in her eyes. She doesn't look all that well to me.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,893 Member
    Options
    I have a new inspiration for lifting. WOW. :)

--Shelley
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Opps. Sorry. I wasn't imply that. But I do feel I have a "fit muscular build".
  • Sweet_Potato
    Options

As do I. But we are a far cry from THAT.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

The main difference between someone like her and some one like myself is body fat levels. I do not want to be that lean, but I do admire her strength and her muscles and I do think she's attractive.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    This thread is pure class.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I think that she's gotten the results she's wanted and I'm sure a ton of people find her attractive.

I just find 6 packs on a woman way too much. Love women that lift, but the 6 pack is a turn off for me.

I'm sure a lot of people dont find me attractive either. But I am "mostly" ok with who I am so I don't need their approval and I'm sure she doesnt need mine.

How about a 2 pack? :wink:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    This thread is pure class.

I know right?

*eyeroll*
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

The main difference between someone like her and some one like myself is body fat levels. I do not want to be that lean, but I do admire her strength and her muscles and I do think she's attractive.

This is pretty much my thought. I'm not at my goal weight (by a good bit) but before I gained weight, I lifted heavy but I have never looked like that (nor do I desire to look like that). Maintaining a healthy body fat percentage is important to me and I find muscles coupled with healthy amount of body fat much more attractive than either alone.

Edit to add: Of course, this is just my opinion and I'm not saying that women with a very low or very high body fat percentage are unattractive. I'm just stating what my ideal is.
  • SugarFemme24
    SugarFemme24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    double post
  • SugarFemme24
    Options
    Oh for God's sake people, this is the internet, don't take it so seriously. People disagree with you. No need to bust a nut about it.

If I busted a nut every time someone disagreed with me...well, I'd spend a lot more time in forums... :blushing:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh for God's sake people, this is the internet, don't take it so seriously. People disagree with you. No need to bust a nut about it.

If I busted a nut every time someone disagreed with me...well, I'd spend a lot more time in forums... :blushing:

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that was wondering about the use of that phrase!!! :flowerforyou:
  • RunDoozer
    Options

How about a 2 pack? :wink:

2 packs are money :) The only time I want a woman coming over with a six pack is if its actually beer.
  • SugarFemme24
    Options

TMd16tp.jpg

Anyone else think she looks a bit like Jodie Foster in this picture?

(I really just wanted a reason to quote this picture, it's my favourite)

The look of determination on her face is just breathtaking.
  • brett1117
    Options
    A TAT or 2 is fine BUT full sleeve on a woman?!?! no thanks..
  • RunDoozer
    Options

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that was wondering about the use of that phrase!!! :flowerforyou:

I would have to replace monitors too frequently.