Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    8456263939_dc4e36b314.jpg

This is what she'd look like with a higher body fat percentage. :laugh:

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

I TOTALLY AGREE. You should be ashamed of yourself for that catty post. People like you are what makes people like her and myself give up.

um, she posted the picture of HERSELF.

I live in Australia, so I've been sleeping since my last post.

But can I just say, this is absolutely the funniest thing I've ever woken up too.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Right?

Le sigh. Because this looks totally way more healthy and beautiful:

43555e5ee952d27cae58b687658cc7f7.jpg

:grumble:

Right-- because if don't have hulking muscles with veins popping out your only other option is to be emaciated. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!!

I think what was meant by this was:
    That main stream media portrays the very thin model types as being ideal and "beautiful" but in fact there is more than one ideal of beauty. This is slowly shifting away from super thin to healthier body images. And that I think is a good thing, hopefully one day will come that a healthy teenage girl will no longer consider herself obese when she does not look like so and so on a magazine cover.

A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Ok a few things...one...first lady pics...she's hot.

Those saying "ohh it's the internet and it's just someone's opinion"...no...learn how to read.

"I'm not a fan of a muscular build on a woman"...this is an OPINION.

"Yuck", "She looks like a man", "She's not feminine blah blah blah"...this is rude and ignorant crap to post.

Get a clue.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

This is an incredibly rude, and offensive comment... it's okay for over weight people to weight train in the gym, that's how we lose weight, and build muscle simultaneously... SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you.

And really it doesn't matter what she looks like, I am so disgusted at the way it's acceptiable to objectify women thin, over weight, muscular or otherwise.

I TOTALLY AGREE. You should be ashamed of yourself for that catty post. People like you are what makes people like her and myself give up.

But can I just say, this is absolutely the funniest thing I've ever woken up too.

i was giggling
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

You've been getting a lot of well-deserved love and attention while you've been asleep! :flowerforyou:
  • rickkrieg
    Options
    They are sexy as hell, I could just do with fewer tattoos.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?

Maybe the reason "people" feel ashamed of the way they look is because people say things like:
    I usually can find something attractive about any woman, but she doesn't look beautiful or healthy at all. [/img]
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I could start an IV on her, no problem. ????

I'll leave the rest for the guys to idol-worship... ????
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body......... girls that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look toned but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

I'm flat chested regardless of my weight - only just manage an A cup when i was overweight, so you're telling me i am not a woman? thank you very much!

Yep, same here. Same size boobs (not very much!) when I was at my largest and my smallest - 20lb difference.

Muscle is not what causes someone to have a "man like chest" You either are blessed there or you're not. If you are not, and you build muscle, people always love to assume it's the muscle/lifting when really they would've been flat chested anyway. The only thing it'll do is make your pectorials show more if you have less fat (boobs) covering them. I'm not going to stop working out my chest because of that though.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have your opinion. You don't like this look, that's fair enough, it's not for everyone. Just this sort of comment quickly turns into body shaming - what women are "meant to" have in order to be feminine or attractive to men. Women are "meant to" have a vagina and female hormones. Therefore, whatever body they end up with (throughout whatever natural means) is how a woman is meant to look. Steroids is obviously not natural means, I'm going to assume the woman in question does not take them.

Great post, but not all women have vaginas. :D

:noway:
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?"
    [/quote]

^^^^^ It's easier to just not eat than to spend hours at the gym????? Ummm...you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Eating next to nothing and starving yourself is not easy or fun. Please excuse me while I scarf down my 700 calorie lunch to make sure I hit my 2000 cals for the day. I have fun in the gym. Yes....I work my *kitten* off, but I enjoy every minute of it and so does every other woman who lifts heavy. It's why we do what we do.

Oh.....and women who lift heavy are not "slightly" healthier than an anorexic. Anorexia is a serious mental and physical sickness. Anorexics are not healthy at all. A fit woman who lifts heavy, has low body fat and is as strong as an ox is the epitome of "healthy"
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Girls who lift are sexy, and so are girls who use punctuation, capitalization, and paragraphs. Many girls who don't life are also sexy, but I'm afraid that I'm just not particularly attracted to women who don't use punctuation, capitalization, and paragraphs.

It's probably a moral failing in me, but such is life.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yea, she's most definitely hot. Just my opinion, LOL. Tattoos? Bonus. And she looks smart, too. Bonus BONUS!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, "thank you" to taunto for posting this. Good stuff.

As for the rest of this thread, can we just declare nz_deeva the "winner" already?
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like these forums are the taint of the internet.

I totally agree there. I've been sucked in for 9 pages though
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

"A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?"

^^^^^ It's easier to just not eat than to spend hours at the gym????? Ummm...you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Eating next to nothing and starving yourself is not easy or fun. Please excuse me while I scarf down my 700 calorie lunch to make sure I hit my 2000 cals for the day. I have fun in the gym. Yes....I work my *kitten* off, but I enjoy every minute of it and so does every other woman who lifts heavy. It's why we do what we do.

Oh.....and women who lift heavy are not "slightly" healthier than an anorexic. Anorexia is a serious mental and physical sickness. Anorexics are not healthy at all. A fit woman who lifts heavy, has low body fat and is as strong as an ox is the epitome of "healthy"

I spend about 1.5 hours a week at the gym.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sweet Christ. This thread is a **** show.

I think that anyone who works hard to accomplish something is amazing. She's amazing. I think she's absolutely lovely, but the discipline and determination that lead to her success is what I find truly beautiful.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    women who complain about women who lift:
    525610_488903487834744_695149368_n.jpg

and those like me who do. Want to join me? I lift heavy things, including myself!

563046_534566896563986_922836386_n.jpg
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    New girl crush, that girl is smoking hot!!! I can't even imagine the work put into her diet and exercise to get that body.

Also, I love the comments about how women should have womanly curves and how they are meant to have boobs....but yet if she got implants to change that (since we aren't all born with natural C's or D's), this thread would be at least 50% posts about how fake boobs are so gross and why would anyone do that, etc. Yes, people have different opinions and preferences, but there's always a way to share that without being rude (since everyone NEEDS to share it with the world if it's not a body type they prefer!). Can't please everybody!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the beautiful women in this thread. Thanks Taunto for posting this.