yep
  • fbu88
    fbu88 Posts: 4
    Options
    Props to her for all her hard work.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I would sell my left *kitten* cheek to look like her. Then I would sell the right one to make it even.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The second pic is my fave!! She looks hot! She's my new idol lol!
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Right?

Le sigh. Because this looks totally way more healthy and beautiful:

43555e5ee952d27cae58b687658cc7f7.jpg

:grumble:

Right-- because if don't have hulking muscles with veins popping out your only other option is to be emaciated. THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!!

I think what was meant by this was:
    That main stream media portrays the very thin model types as being ideal and "beautiful" but in fact there is more than one ideal of beauty. This is slowly shifting away from super thin to healthier body images. And that I think is a good thing, hopefully one day will come that a healthy teenage girl will no longer consider herself obese when she does not look like so and so on a magazine cover.

A nice thought, but I'm not sure why that would be a response to my comment. I also feel that an extremely muscular athletic build is just as difficult to attain as the anorexic supermodel look (probably more difficult-- it's easier to just not eat than spend hours in the gym every day). It may be a slightly healthier ideal, but it's still an ideal. You don't think healthy teenager girls might see someone like this one day and hate themselves for not being able to look like her?

Ok I know the spambot who posted this steaming pile is probably long gone... but I'm sorry "SLIGHTLY HEALTHIER THAN AN ANOREXIC"?!?! Are you crapping kidding me???

That woman, that lifter is in *PEAK* physical condition. To maintain that body fat percentage she's eating for *nutrition*. Her cardiac fitness is probably equivalent to... oh I don't know, the professional athlete that she is?!? Her metabolism, her endocrine system, her circulation - all in *peak* performance. Not to mention she'd have amazing bone density, flexibility and *strength*, obviously. So, I restate - PEAK physical condition that any human can achieve.

Anorexia, on the other hand, *shuts down* all of those systems. Not to mention the fact that it's a serious, debilitating mental illness - and the general suicidal behaviour involved with *starving yourself to death* - what it does to your body is lasting, often irreversible damage. Hormones go haywire, bones are weak and brittle, your organs *literally* stop working and eventually the heart just can't cope anymore.

To compare the two is flat out *STUPID*. Like, seriously, read a book.
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to wade back and find the post, but someone had a great response to all of the 'ew' and 'vein-bulging' stuff: any time you have a picture taken where you are doing something intense, rather than simply posing, you run the risk of looking unattractive. Your face looks weird. If you're lifting something, you may have bulging muscles.

I'd rather not have veiny muscles, but I'd also rather not have squishy fat blobs, and I really wish I didn't flush a speckled red when I lift heavy things. It makes me less sexy while I'm trying to do cool stuff. But doing the cool stuff anyway is SO MUCH sexier that it completely makes up for it. It's true!

And that is one of the things I love best about these pix of Abbott. She's very sexy when she poses. But she's REALLY sexy when she is doing cool stuff with her strong body and not even posing. And that is the kind of sexy that is completely achievable for anyone regardless of body type. And I'm willing to guess that most of us, guys and girls alike, who find her sexy, aren't just responding to how big her muscles or her boobs are, or whether her skin is tanned enough or too much, or stuff like that. We are seeing a woman who is strong, confident, and doing things well. And that's one of the things that's so annoying about people dissing her body, no matter how 'polite' they are. It's not even half the point! Sure, sexy is a body thing, but it's not JUST a body thing, and it's a good thing too for some of us.
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First impressions..... I think she is hot because she is excelling in a job dominated by men, a job most women could not (or probably wouldn't want to) do. That shows great individualism and a sense of personal strength, not just physical strength. Disclaimer: I have not yet read the news story about her and know nothing about her but I intend to read it because I think she must be an interesting person.

Would I personally like to get down to that level of body fat %? No. But I admire her dedication in doing so. It's not something that is easy to do. She does look incredibly hot in the softer pics, and who wouldn't want to look like that?

So, I vote "HOT", and not solely on her looks.

THIS. Beauty is in working hard to reach your dreams and being confident in who you are. It's about both Christmas' physical and mental strength and her determination to succeed in a field dominated by men, because damn it that's what she loves to do. She is beautiful; however, the fact that she is beautiful doesn't make men and women who don't look just like her any less so.

Also, I'm totally in awe of her ability to lift incredibly heavy things. I think she's a pretty kick *kitten* woman.
  • Yo_Lazarov
    Yo_Lazarov Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sex appeal per se remains a subjective topic or view, indifferent to body shape or hierarchy of the perceived 'beauty' - as in reproductive value = 1 girls with muscle, 2 = girls with large 'this', small 'that', 3 = girls with... so on and so forth.

Girls with muscle? My vote is YES, however not an 'ideal' EVERYONE needs to or should strive for! :flowerforyou:

PS: Does anybody find intellect sexy?:blushing:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sex appeal per se remains a subjective topic or view, indifferent to body shape or hierarchy of the perceived 'beauty' - as in reproductive value = 1 girls with muscle, 2 = girls with large 'this', small 'that', 3 = girls with... so on and so forth.

Girls with muscle? My vote is YES, however not an 'ideal' EVERYONE needs to or should strive for! :flowerforyou:

I prefer my women dumb... otherwise they know better. :P
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I prefer my women dumb... otherwise they know better. :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree that we shouldn't body shame, but it seems a little hypocritical that the people mocking Becca Swanson aren't getting roasted.
  • miznyc
    Options
    First post. Haven't read the whole thread but I think she looks awesome! And I love how she is lifting with her earrings. She is super cute. And ridiculously impressive.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My only issue is the fact that her name is Christmas......
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    her body is killer!!!!! she looks hot and her confidence is sexy!

i love this so much i printed some pics and put them up on the back of my office door, so i can see them when i head to the gym during lunch :D
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    My only issue is the fact that her name is Christmas......

Her parents just didn't want to forget the day she was conceived. Don't hate.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • savbentley
    Options
    yes yes and yes. So hot. That's my goal bod. I'll get there...someday. le sigh.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I hope one day I look as fcuking awesome as she does
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have anything to apolgzie for, if the girl in the picture posted it, then good for her, she can be proud of herself... my thing is self-deprication and body shaming is not okay...no matter who's doing it, even if you're doing to yourself... I would give her a high five too.

I don't think a misunderstanding is anything to apologize for. The whole point of my post was to say that we shouldn't look at people that way, and applaud their strength, not poke fun, or self depricate.

Yeah I didn't know the OP was the one who posted a picture, but none the less she posted it on a public forum, which looked like a body shaming post with no explanation ... so yeah it bothered me. I don't spend all day lurking forums and profiles to know. I just commented on something I saw that bothered me.

I wasn't being self depreciating in my post. I think you do probably have something to appolgise for.

You said ... And I quote ... "SHAME ON YOU for you posting a picture like this as a joke, everyone no matter size has the right to weight train, and go to the gym, and feel proud of themselves no matter their size... an over weight person shouldn't have to worry about heading to the gym because some jerk is going to post a picture of them on an internet forum as a joke... seriously you are awful, shame on you."

You called me a jerk.

You called me awful.

And in an ironic twist. Suggested that I've trawled the Internet for a picture of a fat person to make fun of.

Oh, and this thread might have some information you could find helpful in it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/824518-fat-girl-dead-lifting
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Taunto, why didn't you post any of my pics of me lifting in my high heels?!

We are never.... ever..... ever.... getting back together!!