Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This thread wasn't to body shame anyone. This thread was to show how girls can get an incredibly lean body (which she does have I think) and NOT bulk (like many girls on this site think) after weight lifting.

You can lift weight and still keep some fat. That is dependent on your training and your diet.

You are more than welcome to your opinion. That is your right. However I merely have to acknowledge your opinion, not respect it. MY right is to come back with a "Are you F'ing kidding me? That was some messed up opinion"

(And yes, I am cleaning up my language because my right to my opinion doesn't give me the right to break the sites rules)

You've been around the block Taunto, you knew people would disagree with you. No need to act so affronted when people voice differing opinions. And don't be so quick to jump to 'body shaming'. As an aside, I didn't disagree, I like the girl's body but whatever, I accept that other people don't.
  • michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I personally dont find this look attractive but at the same time its hot. Conflicted!
  • juliehorbus
    juliehorbus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think she looks hot and the tatts make her hotter!! ;)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This thread wasn't to body shame anyone. This thread was to show how girls can get an incredibly lean body (which she does have I think) and NOT bulk (like many girls on this site think) after weight lifting.

You can lift weight and still keep some fat. That is dependent on your training and your diet.

You are more than welcome to your opinion. That is your right. However I merely have to acknowledge your opinion, not respect it. MY right is to come back with a "Are you F'ing kidding me? That was some messed up opinion"

(And yes, I am cleaning up my language because my right to my opinion doesn't give me the right to break the sites rules)

You've been around the block Taunto, you knew people would disagree with you. No need to act so affronted when people voice differing opinions. And don't be so quick to jump to 'body shaming'. As an aside, I didn't disagree, I like the girl's body but whatever, I accept that other people don't.

My comment wasn't towards you. I didn't see anything wrong with your comment :):flowerforyou:
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Toned yes, built like a bloke on steroids? No. Sorry but that's far from sexy IMO (and to me MY opinion counts).

Sorry but in the 1st pic she looks hot...then as you get further she just looks like a man in a bikini.

she's not even on steroids lol ..
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Neither I nor my husband find that attractive. There are extremes, and we both feel that this is one. Is it body shaming to say an anorexic is too thin? No, it is not, and that takes just as much "discipline" as extreme lifting. And like any other physical extreme, there can be consequences.

Anorexica is a serious mental illness with a high incidence of comorbidity and similarly high mortality rates to serious psychiatric disorders. To think of it as a discipline "like" heavy lifting is comparing trees to koalas.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

My comment wasn't towards you. I didn't see anything wrong with your comment :):flowerforyou:

Flower for me?! *swoon*
  • borom44
    borom44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Here we go again;

When an opinion is in the minority it is therefore wrong, the views expressed by both sides are just that views, FFS people can disagree amicably and to be fair to mum212, the delivery of her opinion beat around the bush and attempted to sugar coat her opposing argument, she did not belittle people or resort to insults or name calling.

As long as the person is healthy the only other factor is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have a few friends who like really large girls I dread to think how they would be treated on this post. Live and let Live

And if you don’t agree you can all get Fcuked haha!!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Beyond aesthetics, the fourth photo shows something few other weight training photos do - building muscle makes you STRONG and capable of doing awesome things. When weighing up the pros and cons, people seem to forget this :flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: and this is why I girl-crush on your guns (and your mind!!!) Berry :flowerforyou: :love:

xx
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    ha must say, say what you want to me as i really dont care anyway.......................... i said what i think and yea women do put alot of work into it and like i said in my first comment i dont mean to offend anyone because i dont disagree with women wanting muscle it just isnt my cup of tea so you ppl trying to have a go at me for my opinoin well shame on you all and read ppls post properly b4 trying to start an arguement on posts........

If I didn't have to spend 10 minutes deciphering what you are saying I would read it properly :noway:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Yay! Another thread with the intention of celebrating strong women who work their butts off being derailed by some ignorant DBs wanting to insult and criticize because they have no desire to look a certain way. Let's celebrate mediocrity some more folks! *smh*
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Here we go again;

When an opinion is in the minority it is therefore wrong, the views expressed by both sides are just that views, FFS people can disagree amicably and to be fair to mum212, the delivery of her opinion beat around the bush and attempted to sugar coat her opposing argument, she did not belittle people or resort to insults or name calling.

As long as the person is healthy the only other factor is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have a few friends who like really large girls I dread to think how they would be treated on this post. Live and let Live

Don't bother being rational here.

It won't get very far.

Edit to say: Although the poster of the original comment should've probably left out terms like "looks like a man" and the emphasis on women needing boobs and an *ss if she didn't want to offend anyone. . . .
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There's no denying she looks amazing but it's not the body I would *personally* aim for.

I'm overweight right now and I would love a lean, toned look similar to Jennifer Aniston.
    Hopefully with hard work I will get there :smile:

I am planning on starting to lift soon so I can have beautiful toned arms etc but I would never want to take it as far as this lady.

However, there are many different body types out there and we all find different shapes attractive.
    I love how in the 2nd picture all the guys are almost drooling, lol :laugh:

Just because we don't all want this body doesn't mean we're being offensive or mean, we can respect other people for their hard work without wanting to be the same.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body......... girls that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look toned but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

So, I have a man's body?

The attraction here is not physical so much as awe at her sheer determination to achieve. Which I also have. Unlike a poor motivation where the excuse "I don't wanna look like a man" is an attempt at excusing excess flab. Sure, you like wobbly bits. I don't. Just my opionion.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The gun tat is for the time she spent working in Iraq supporting the troops. I can't wait to see her work the pits in the first truck race.
    And she is hotter than hell and can eat crackers in my bed any day. :laugh:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    ha must say, say what you want to me as i really dont care anyway.......................... i said what i think and yea women do put alot of work into it and like i said in my first comment i dont mean to offend anyone because i dont disagree with women wanting muscle it just isnt my cup of tea so you ppl trying to have a go at me for my opinoin well shame on you all and read ppls post properly b4 trying to start an arguement on posts........

My opinion is I don't like orange blonde hair. Should I now keep my opinion to myself?
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    In for responses.

Also this.

tumblr_mbpkf6dAYm1ru6yjso1_500.jpg

Andrea-Brazier-Featured.jpg

Would wife this heavenly blessed goddess.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    ok mans point of view men like boobs *kitten*,thighs and legs

A) I see all of those things in the pictures. I also see a WOMAN. A woman with a very pretty face, makeup, earrings, shiny hair, feminine clothing, and clear pride in her appearance. I also see someone who could carry a toddler and 6 bags of groceries up to her third floor apartment all by herself if she needed to. What are you looking at?

B) Did you miss that like 6 guys had already said how hot she was before you had the chance to post anything?

C) To the person who said she looks like a "bloke on steroids", have you ever looked at male body builders? Even the natural ones are so much bigger than this. Ridiculous.

D) To the person who asked about her hormone levels and if she'll be able to conceive... For one, she could have children now for all you or I know (unless you checked into that- I didn't see the need to). One does NOT need to take hormones to have low body fat and excellent muscles. One just needs to work hard. Just because she chooses a body type that you do not, is no reason to question her in that way - as your post seems to imply, this is not the same as anorexia, which is a mental disease. Body obsession can obviously become that as well, but this woman has a very physical job, so I don't think we need to assume she's sick.

Oh, and one more thing about conception. For the record not ALL women can conceive without help. That doesn't make them men either, thank you very much.

Y CHROMOSOME PEOPLE. Y, not muscle, equals male.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i apploligise to anyone that i have offended this was not my intent, all i was doing was saying what i think about women with muscle ok you guys may think its hot, i did not say this woman was not hot. most of you have been offensive also but atleast i can hold my hands up and say i did put words in my comment that offended ppl but again that was not intended.so i am sorry to those i offended!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Here we go again;

I agree with this tbh, I think you are all being a tad unfair to this woman; she expressed an opinion (all be it her choice of words were not brilliant) but everyone has launched at her like an attack dog.

It's not my cup of tea either, however it takes an extraordinary amount of discipline for a woman to look like that and for that I applaud her, but I wouldn't want to look like her.