Girls who lift aren't sexy!

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So how come OP can say that girls that lift are sexy (which basically says girls that don't are not sexy) yet no one else can have an opinion and say its not sexy :huh:

I may be out of line speaking for Taunto, but I *seriously* doubt that's what he was saying.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So how come OP can say that girls that lift are sexy (which basically says girls that don't are not sexy) yet no one else can have an opinion and say its not sexy :huh:

Most people don't have a problem saying it's not my cup of tea or I don't find that sexy, it's the people that take it to the next level and make cracks at her chest size, or accuse her of roids or looking like a man. Attractiveness is subjective, most people get that, but blatant insults is just rude.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body......... girls that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look toned but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

WOW, usually the body shaming waits until the second page. Way to be a ground breaker. Oh, and being it's only your opinion. you should have kept it to yourself.

Actually I agree with her. I personally don't find that attractive or appealing at all. I'm a girl that loves my curves and I don't want to lose those. I find that girls who lift heavy don't have those soft curves.

But, I can and do appreciate all the hard work that goes into having a body like that. It's just not for me.

WRONG!!!!! Lifting heavy has nothing to do with it...it's the amount of body fat. I lift heavy...I am still soft and curvy looking...although I do want to cut some body fat and see if I prefer that look....either way lifting heavy builds a great foundation...it is the individual who decides what to do with it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

It's all about the pose sometimes.

and the amount of body fat.

It is said over and over again, but it doesn't seem to sink in, that many people who dont care for how she looks WOULD at times when her body fat night be higher... My goal is still to build that fantastic foundation, and tweak the body fat to my personal liking.

QFT
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Most people don't have a problem saying it's not my cup of tea or I don't find that sexy, it's the people that take it to the next level and make cracks at her chest size, or accuse her of roids or looking like a man. Attractiveness is subjective, most people get that, but blatant insults is just rude.

This.

Esp insulting when the person commenting is far from gods gift. I'd NEVER tell anyone they look like anything, its just not in me but from the safety of the internet people LOVE to insult.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I think she looks amazing!!!

Thanks for posting, taunto! :flowerforyou:
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about people not being allowed to have an opinion. Quit the body shaming. If it's not your cup of tea or thing or whatever then move on. That woman is a force of nature that let nothing stand in between her and what she wanted.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    ok there is only so far a girl can go with lifting before she starts to look like she has a mans body......... girls that lift are sexy just not when they get too much muscle and no fat to cover it, i like a bit of fat i dont mind being skinny fat just not fat like i am now and so i look toned but not too toned, i dont disagree with women wanting muscle but my opinion is i dot think it looks good. women are meant to have boobs not a man like chest like you see in pics posted.. sorry if i have offended anyone but this again is my opinion x

WOW, usually the body shaming waits until the second page. Way to be a ground breaker. Oh, and being it's only your opinion. you should have kept it to yourself.

Actually I agree with her. I personally don't find that attractive or appealing at all. I'm a girl that loves my curves and I don't want to lose those. I find that girls who lift heavy don't have those soft curves.

But, I can and do appreciate all the hard work that goes into having a body like that. It's just not for me.

Did you not see the photo I posted on page 3?!

Sorry, I didn't.

Like I said before, I appreciate girls who lift heavy...that's just not for me. I'm a dancer and would rather shake my fat *kitten* around than lift. LOL

So what you are saying is "I don't want to lift" not "I don't want the body that lifting will give me"
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    Everybody has their own opinion on this. Just bc someone doesn't like it and says why, doesn't mean it's time to attack her about it. It's just like gay marriage and abortions and presidential elections; people differ on opinions, but want to force others to side with them and tell them why they are so wrong for believing what they believe.... With that said, this is my opinion: She looks awesome. Her face is still soft and gorgeous. She can cover up her muscles when she needs/wants. She clearly fought hard for her achivements and THAT is something to look up to. I personally don't like the look of her body, but I admire her determination and success! Opinions vary, just like everything else! happy Friday! :happy:
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, I don't like soft girls, with soft stomachs, featureless sausage arms and sausage legs, with glasses and hair tied back, and call themselves "curvy" or that they "like their curves" when clearly, in fact, they are just obese or heading that way. Its not womanly, women have never really been as big or obese as they are now and to call themselves womanly is an insult to the human race...

...would be a pretty mean and nasty thing for me to say. So stop doing it the other way around.

wait...so that's just your opinion on softer women?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's about people not being allowed to have an opinion. Quit the body shaming. If it's not your cup of tea or thing or whatever then move on. That woman is a force of nature that let nothing stand in between her and what she wanted.

QFT

And I would never try to stand in the way of her and what she wanted as she would kick my *kitten*!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    TBH I dont find her sexy but one: I am a female and two: everyone findes different things sexy.
    However I do think it is impressive...

See, this is an awesome way to compliment while expressing your likes (or lack of)

You might have missed this post of mine.

Or my previous posts where I have said that for men, we like all kinds of bodies, shapes and sizes.

Or my post where I said that its not the disagreement but rather how female body shaming started in the replies
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Good opening for discussion, as we aren't "meant" to live as long as we do, either. Medical intervention does wonders for the shortcomings of "natural" biology. :D Though I won't go any further into the discussion since it's departing the topic of this thread.

Good point.
    I find that girls who lift heavy don't have those soft curves.

As others have mentioned, it's not the heavy lifting that takes away the softness, or the curves. It's body fat levels for the softness (which are largely determined by diet, calorie deficit vs surplus) and genetics as well as body fat for the curves (bone structure, where you store fat most etc)

You can get heavy lifting folk who are very lean and defined such as in the OP's pictures.

You can also get heavy lifting folk who are a healthy weight and very average body fat, or who are overweight with too much body fat.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

I may be out of line speaking for Taunto, but I *seriously* doubt that's what he was saying.

Obviously I don't think he was, and on the same token I "seriously" don't think that people who say the don't like it are saying that there is something wrong for her for looking that way.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    For what its worth, I don't like soft girls, with soft stomachs, featureless sausage arms and sausage legs, with glasses and hair tied back, and call themselves "curvy" or that they "like their curves" when clearly, in fact, they are just obese or heading that way. Its not womanly, women have never really been as big or obese as they are now and to call themselves womanly is an insult to the human race...

...would be a pretty mean and nasty thing for me to say. So stop doing it the other way around.

wait...so that's just your opinion on softer women?

No it isn't. Just trying to prove a point. Why should I have an opinion that I go out of my way and tell people in an insulting manner. I post online like I do face to face. With manners and a sense of decorum.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

OH NOES I WEAR GLASSES.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Women look best when smothered in parabola. We all have individual tastes, but I really don't understand how you can think that someone who is ridiculously fit isn't hot? Even if you eliminate the physical aspect (but really, why would we?), it tells you something awesome about their personality...namely that they are driven, hard-working, and goal-oriented. It's not possible to get to that point without being so.

ETA: However you look...don't be ashamed. No one is the sum of any single set of parts. Be strong....it's hot.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    TBH I dont find her sexy but one: I am a female and two: everyone findes different things sexy.
    However I do think it is impressive...

See, this is an awesome way to compliment while expressing your likes (or lack of)

You might have missed this post of mine.

Or my previous posts where I have said that for men, we like all kinds of bodies, shapes and sizes.

Or my post where I said that its not the disagreement but rather how female body shaming started in the replies

I honestly don't think you were saying anything negative about women who don't lift, I was just trying to point out your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's that doesn't find it attractive.

With that being said I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my opinion either way because I already have one and don't need anyone to rip me a new one :laugh:
  • bubbanene
    bubbanene Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    badass
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    DO NOT LIFT HEAVY

I like it better when I am the only girl in the free weight part of the gym