• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    lacroyx

Going as anything?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    like a lot of people here - i used to read a lot (mainly marvel), but no longer do. it's probably been over 10 years.
  • Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love comics!!!!

Wolverine and Spider-Man (and all his wacky spin-off versions like the Scarlet Spider) are my faves, but i'm into a little bit of everything.

I have friends in the cosplay community and once i've built up a little more muscle, they've agreed to help me with costumes of both.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    lacroyx

Going as anything?
    Nah but a friend of mine I am going with, she plans to dress up as Lil' Red Robin Hood from Darkstalkers
  • petzilla
    petzilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is a female version of Nightwing, Cheyenne Freemont also Power Girl did a Kryptonian version....yeah I read a few comics here and there
  • petzilla
    petzilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New Comics Wednesday; who's celebrating at their comic shop or comic shops today!
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    New Comics Wednesday; who's celebrating at their comic shop or comic shops today!

Sadly, new comics wednesday doesn't coincide with payday friday. :)

But, new-to-me mondays are always a go!
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    There is a female version of Nightwing, Cheyenne Freemont also Power Girl did a Kryptonian version....yeah I read a few comics here and there

Yeah, I knew about Power Girl and her Nighwing Femme Fatale version. But I had no idea about Cheyenne. Cool!
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

I actually do remember the red headed female version Nightwing in one of the issues from a bit back.
    And I just looked it up. She was in issue 118 of the Nightwing series.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    horse:

A redhead may be easier to pull of than a black haired Nightwing.
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Marry me. batman > all others
  • sandynas
    sandynas Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hack/slash &The guys are great comics too.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I used to collect pretty seriously when i was younger, but drifted away from it. I was always a big fan of stan lee, and have several limited edition covers he did for stuff like wolverine. I am mostly a marvel guy, I love the punisher comics, and the flawed heroes like wolverine, but I was also really into the "legends of the dark knight:" series when it came out. I really enjoy the darker side of the good guys in most cases. I am sure people will hate me for this, but I could never get into superman......he is just too goody goody for my tastes.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    tyson:

Most people argue that he's too powerful... Definitely a fine line DC has.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm a big comic book fan...webcomic fan too.
    Huge collection.

I've studied in college in (letters and Arts - Profile Comic book drawing). A long time ago but still lol...

I do some webcomics for fun....when i have time.

The one i'm doing at the moment's called : Akacya:The Bounty Hunter. if anyone's interested.

http://akacya-thebountyhunter.weebly.com/

It's pretty much everywhere on the web so..easy to find.
    They're ain't much done yet...it started a week ago.
    But since it's free...Feel free to take a look.

There's a comment page and a facebook page too.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Akacya-The-Bounty-Hunter/232773633537835
  • jjlibunao
    Options
    Huge Marvel comic collector. In my teens and my early 20s, I collected the X-Men and Wolverine series. I still have them in mylar sleeves in boxes. The one I have (that probably has the most value) is X-Men #94.

That's why it's hard not to compare the movies with what happened in the comic. But they got it right with Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. Perfect Wolverine and Professor Xavier.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid it was little devil, casper and richie rich.

Although I didn't read for a long time, spiderman was my hero and I wanted to be batgirl :) when they did the dc reboot my daughter convinced me to get it for her and well now I love my comic books.

Not just dc I read a few IDW title and a great independent Charismagic. Oh and my daughter's friend told me to check out Deadpool, I love him.

I want to read more marvel, but need good places to start. Anyone have suggestions on which issues to start with that would be great. Yes I will go back, I read some online
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have some vintage Daredevils that I keep in the plastic. Not too sure of exact value (need to have appraised), but when I look at them and the awesome condition they are in, I am fascinated :)
  • sillybeggar
    sillybeggar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a comic fan. I love the 'Empowered' comics by Adam Warren and Dead@17 by Josh Howard.

I may as well take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my own humble scribbling efforts! I draw a webcomic called "Girls in Space", a science-fiction webcomic which updates every Monday. If you like girls and you like space then read Girls in Space. It’s about stuff you like!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm a big comic fan and webcomic creator.
    I make my own stuff. I've studied in it too in college.

I've created my own style by mixing American,manga and caricatural styles all together.

If you're intereste (it's free anyway) http://akacya-thebountyhunter.weebly.com/