breakfast...the most unhealthiest meal of the day..

Options

Replies

• FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options

LOL you trying to tell me something...??

It's a multi-faceted proclamation:

1. You've reached troll status: wart-covered and living under a bridge
    2. I'm an It's Always Sunny addict.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

wart faced???? And here I thought you were starting to like me...:( lol
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Here is the proof! Ever since breakfast was invented in 1970 people have kept getting fatter. Just look at the chart. You can't argue with a sciency chart.
    breakfastchart.png

I think your source is wrong. That chart claims almost 70% of the population is obese. When the most recent study from the CDC says only about 36% of the population is obese. http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
    The CDC is a sock puppet for Big Breakfast. Come on now, we all know nobody was ever obese up through the 1960's (again look at the chart, all charts are irrefutably true) until breakfast was invented in 1970 by Phineas J Breakfast, and then Franklin Post and Marlena Kellogg turned his idea into a manufacturing gold mine and have since been using the profits to fund their "breakfast is the most importantest meal of the day" campaign.
  • FitandFab33
    Options

Haha... that's the level of troll-dom that you've achieved- it goes:

Level 1: Hunch-backed
    Level 2: Disturbing to children and small pets
    Level 3: Wart-covered and living under a bridge
  • ndj1979
    Options
    So if I just switch my toaster strudels, ihop and processed food crap to dinnertime I'll loose weight?

yes...

you are now a master jedi
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Here is the proof! Ever since breakfast was invented in 1970 people have kept getting fatter. Just look at the chart. You can't argue with a sciency chart.
    breakfastchart.png

I think your source is wrong. That chart claims almost 70% of the population is obese. When the most recent study from the CDC says only about 36% of the population is obese. http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
    The CDC is a sock puppet for Big Breakfast. Come on now, we all know nobody was ever obese up through the 1960's (again look at the chart, all charts are irrefutably true) until breakfast was invented in 1970 by Phineas J Breakfast, and then Franklin Post and Marlena Kellogg turned his idea into a manufacturing gold mine and have since been using the profits to fund their "breakfast is the most importantest meal of the day" campaign.

everyone knows that CDC stands for Center for Disinformation Control...
  • ndj1979
    Options

Haha... that's the level of troll-dom that you've achieved- it goes:

Level 1: Hunch-backed
    Level 2: Disturbing to children and small pets
    Level 3: Wart-covered and living under a bridge

so thats a compliment or something?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    breakfastchart.png

everyone knows that CDC stands for Center for Disinformation Control...
    Yeah they also photoshopped all the old film footage with Curly, Jackie Gleason, Oliver Hardy and other greats to make it look like there really were overweight people before the 70's. Don't you believe them! I'd write more but I need to disconnect before they trace my IP and send out their Big Breakfast enforcer goons to silence me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Obesity is happening because lots of people are eating TOO MUCH breakfast, lunch and dinner with TOO MUCH snacks in between.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    People who eat breakfast are obese?

Interesting...

I suspect people who are obese also eat lunch. And dinner.

Hey, I bet if you cut out breakfast, lunch and dinner you will not be obese!
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the junk people are putting into their systems for breakfast? Pop tarts, strudels, coffee and pastries, hashbrowns, overloaded omelets, etc? Curious, did the study go into depth on what people were actually eating?

Regardless, I agree. Eat when you're hungry and don't when you're not. Mindless/forceful eating is a great way to put on weight quickly.

I think this is the case. I know I have had to change my breakfast choices seeing the numbers here on MFP as I enter my food, so I'm betting a bowl of Fruit Loops and a huge bagel or muffin aren't really helpful. #shrugs
  • Pattiem1962
    Options
    Agreed:)
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's the unhealthiest meal of the day unless you make it unhealthy.
  • SassySurrealist
    Options
    I dont think obesity and eating breakfast are directly linked - as in stop eating breakfast and you wont be fat - obviously eating 5 burgers for breakfast is not a good idea - but something sensible like 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with low fat topping or fruit and yogurt or bowl of non sugared cereal is fine.

Not eating breakfast does lead to concentration lags during the morning and for some people mid morning binges.

People like diabetics on medication must eat breakfast to avoid hypos.

I dont think your theory is very sound.

why not? Everyone says that breakfast is the most "healthiest meal" of the day. But most of the people eating breakfast are obese. You know who is selling that breakfast is the healthiest meal line...the companies that are selling you breakfast - Kellogg's, quaker, etc etc...so OF COURSE they want you to think breakfast is healthy so you will keep buying their crap....

I'm not obese and I live by the rule that breakfast is golden, lunch is silver, and dinner is lead. Not only that, but I also regularly eat 3 snacks a day, in addition to my 3 meals. I'm hypoglycemic, thus I need to maintain my sugar levels stable. In general, unless I go out to eat, none of my meals go over 300 calories, and my snacks don't go much over 200. I try to pack in the protein for a more consistent glycemic index throughout my work day. My breakfast usually consists of a cup of cooked oatmeal (not that disgusting instant, sugary stuff) with a few (like 12) raisins, one banana, and a splash of almond milk. Occasionally, I will throw in an ounce of crumble white cheese. So far I have lost 10 lbs. and, at 129.2 currently, I think I'm doing darn well with my golden breakfast, thank you very much.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I try to eat breakfast but if I am not hungry or get up late I usually don't eat till lunch. I may grab a special k protein shake. I also don't follow the whole eat like a king for breakfast and like a peasant for supper. I am backwards on that. Because I am usually more hungry for supper than breakfast!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I try to eat breakfast but if I am not hungry or get up late I usually don't eat till lunch. I may grab a special k protein shake. I also don't follow the whole eat like a king for breakfast and like a peasant for supper. I am backwards on that. Because I am usually more hungry for supper than breakfast!

special K! Shut the thread down we got a Kellogg's infiltrator in our midsts.....
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    The misuse of the word "unhealthy" is driving me crazy.

Nutrient-dense = foods that offer nutrients with relatively few calories (fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc)

Energy-dense = foods that contain a high amount of calories (energy) relative to serving size.

FOODS are not "unhealthy".. PEOPLE are unhealthy- and that term is so broad and ambiguous even in that capacity that it's a worthless semantic evaluation.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    100% people who are obese eat... (probably not true, is juicing eating?)
    Therefore one must stop eating to prevent obesity.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    Oh.. and I had bacon for breakfast. With a mimosa. Still not obese. :-)

I win.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    I'm not obese and I live by the rule that breakfast is golden, lunch is silver, and dinner is lead.
    I tried that but had to stop after I got lead poisoning. The Goldschlager for breakfast and Coors light for lunch didn't help much either.