tumblr_m8v75fUX2w1qasthro1_400.gif
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm_Font.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I go to McDonalds, I like the nonfat iced mochas, and once in a while i get my son a happy meal. he's a very tall and skinny 3 year old. not everyone who eats there is unhealthy and fat. skinny people want a burger once in a while too. honestly if someone put a note like that in my son's happy meal, i'd kick their *kitten*. everyone has a right to decide what and where they want to eat. if you're worried about your weight, don't eat there. work somewhere else. go back to school. whatever, just don't force yourself or your views on other people. and if i was your boss i'd have fired you by now you're losing him/her business.

This thread just keeps delivering .. keeee-lassic.

The only thing that would make it better would be if it erupted into an all out fast food gif war.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's the deal. I've made some bad life choices and now I am a manager at McDonalds.Through swallowing my rage and increasing my recreational drug use, I've been able to deal with this in general...but now, I feel it is affecting my weight loss journey!

The thing is, we serve close to 1000 customers a day. I have to watch people order death nuggets and burgers of doom all day long, and see them cram them down their fat throats. 1000 times a day. How is this fair? If I'm not eating them, nobody should be! Don't they know I'm on a zero carb diet? Yet, they still order french fries! It's like, sabotage at it's finest.

Now, I looked up "support" in the MFP dictionary and it says that support is classified by everyone doing exactly what I do and agreeing with everything I say. These people are not supporting me which equals sabotage. I've tried complaining about it to my boss and he told me to just "focus on myself and use willpower" LOL WTF....does he know nothing about losing weight??

Not only is it hard for me to see people make their own decisions about what to put in their own bodies, it is also affecting my job security. Apparently it is "unprofessional" to leave notes saying "You are slowly killing your children" into all the Happy Meal boxes....I'm just trying to help people see how right I am! God!

I can't deal with the sabotage anymore. I don't know what to do besides rage quitting my job, severing all ties to the outside world and moving into a shack in the woods.If I deactivate my account today, you know where I'll be.

Please don't quit your job until you have found a new one unless you're financially secure and can afford not to work. I think its rude to put notes in people's food just because you don't want to eat it. If I were your boss you would be fired. Your job as a manager is to be team Mc Donald's not to sabotage their business. Its not your job to save the world from fast food, think about yourself first. Maybe you should try changing your lifestyle instead of being on a diet. No carbs will make anyone cranky. You are sabotaging yourself by making excuses as to why you can't succeed. There are plenty of in shape people who have Mc Donald's every so often. Its about portion control. You want people to see how right you are? You're not right. The path you've been on is clearly leading you to destruction. You're not mad because you want people to stop eating at your job, you just don't want to see them eat it because you can't. If you live by I can't you won't succeed. Try saying I can but I choose not to and let other people make their own decisions.

I also agree with gfedex. Get some professional help!

1. She should rage quit her job in spectacular fashion. and post it on youtube.

2. If she doesnt put the notes in, how will the ignorant people know that there are more valid opinions than theirs?

3. Your job as a manager at mc donalds is to make sure that the shift managers don't knock up the cashiers. And schedule the grease trap cleanings. [insert your own "what's the diff" joke here]

4. It's not JUST about portion control. It's about portion control AND a magic list of foods.

5. Professional help? Do you realize that your shrink has a vested interest in making sure you DON'T ever get any better? I mean, if they fixed your issues, you'd stop paying them now wouldn't you?

In response to #1. What's the difference???? Either way your clothes will be stained.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Please don't quit your job until you have found a new one unless you're financially secure and can afford not to work. I think its rude to put notes in people's food just because you don't want to eat it. If I were your boss you would be fired. Your job as a manager is to be team Mc Donald's not to sabotage their business. Its not your job to save the world from fast food, think about yourself first. Maybe you should try changing your lifestyle instead of being on a diet. No carbs will make anyone cranky. You are sabotaging yourself by making excuses as to why you can't succeed. There are plenty of in shape people who have Mc Donald's every so often. Its about portion control. You want people to see how right you are? You're not right. The path you've been on is clearly leading you to destruction. You're not mad because you want people to stop eating at your job, you just don't want to see them eat it because you can't. If you live by I can't you won't succeed. Try saying I can but I choose not to and let other people make their own decisions.

I also agree with gfedex. Get some professional help!

If so, you and I have very different ways of facepalming.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    the important part here is remembering that it is their fault and their problem, not yours. I don't understand why you're getting reprimanded when they are the ones making you so upset. If only they would take responsibilty for their actions!

Hmm. Interesting perspective. You are the victim. Have your boss/franchise owner ban them from the store. That'll teach 'em.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Put apples in the happy meal wasnt that the answer to a healthy meal? Does Micky D still have apples even? I love the oatmeal they give out talk about candy bar in a cup!
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Solution:

burger-king-mcdonalds-kfc-reservoir.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I've given up responding to this thread because you guys refuse to stop trolling it.

I'm only coming back every 2/3 to laugh at that Oprah gif.

Trolls trolling trolls ....

Isn't this why we are all here? I mean we are all here for the same reason right?

OP - Thank you for providing support to my trolling journey with this post.
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Really?
    You cant tell other people what to do. Especially not in the type of job you're in,

You're there to offer customer service.

I use to work as HEAD CHEF in a restaurant for two years- while I was on the Atkins. I didn't eat there especially since i could look over my counter and see everyone slammin bacon and sausage and everything in between.

Your manager is kind of right- Use willpower. Or leave your job.

You said your in that job because of the choices you have made in life.
    I will tell you what I told other fast food workers.

This is the life that you chose.

I am not living your life, MFP is not living your life. You are living your reality. If working at MickeyDs is a hinder to your life style change then YOU need to change it. Take some classes, start browsing other career paths. Do something where you don't have to be around people shoving their face with Death Nuggets.

Come on- If it's affecting you that you are actually getting enraged- then maybe you need to seek medical and professional help. Talk to someone about your feelings who is actually certified to help you.

Don't let this affect the way that you support yourself and your family and your livelihood.

There are plenty of other people who are searching for jobs and would be happy to have a second chance like you did.

It’s not the town you cannot tell people what to and not to eat. You’re in customer service your job it to keep them smiling as they smash on some burgers not to judge them. Honestly if you think other people just living their lives is sabotaging you, you are in the wrong line of work.

Put your Big Girl Panties on and do your job with a smile. Because you could get fired if someone complains about your notes then you will be jobless. IJS. It’s time to grow up and take responsibility for your own life.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You know, thinking about it. Just being around the smell of the food all day would be incredibly motivating for me not to eat the stuff.

The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.

OMG Steph I'm literally laughing out loud at work! "look of glee on their fat faces" <3 you're hysterical!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

It’s not the town you cannot tell people what to and not to eat. You’re in customer service your job it to keep them smiling as they smash on some burgers not to judge them. Honestly if you think other people just living their lives is sabotaging you, you are in the wrong line of work.

Put your Big Girl Panties on and do your job with a smile. Because you could get fired if someone complains about your notes then you will be jobless. IJS. It’s time to grow up and take responsibility for your own life.

It's important to be supportive. Telling someone to put on their big girl panties and do their job with a smile is not supportive of their indignation or their journey. This is an issue of generational proportions.

220px-Generations_-_Journey.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

It's important to be supportive. Telling someone to put on their big girl panties and do their job with a smile is not supportive of their indignation or their journey. This is an issue of generational proportions.

220px-Generations_-_Journey.jpg

Don't stop belivin'.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm Nuggets!!! I can flex a 20 piece by myself!!!! yummmm:bigsmile: I do love the Big Mac though!!:bigsmile:

I think they put crack in the Big Mac! Although it's been a while,
    they are good every now and then!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's the deal. I've made some bad life choices and now I am a manager at McDonalds.Through swallowing my rage and increasing my recreational drug use, I've been able to deal with this in general...but now, I feel it is affecting my weight loss journey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZZWQIl-ws
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Omg, I love death nuggets! Especially with ranch *drool*
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I guess I couldn't hear the sarcasm over the WHINING.

Can I get a sneer with that?

OMG Do you even know how many calories are in a sneer????

Shhh...don't spoil it, it's my sweet indulgence.

I can't let you sabotage yourself like that. Sneers are unhealthy! You need to stick to a strict sneer free diet. Clean facial expressions are the only way to guarantee weightloss and health. You want to be healthy don't you? DON'T YOU???

Just one more bite?
  • shellielane
    shellielane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didnt read all of the replies, so forgive me if I am repeating someone else. I think you are getting great managerial job experience at McDonalds. Just treat it for what it is - a job - and make it your own policy that you do not eat there. Like a drug dealer who does not do drugs. Use that job as a stepping stone for another managerial position that will better fit your lifestyle.
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BUMP! That was my sentiments exactly use that disgust as motivation I am sure more than 30 percent of the people are unhealthy looking and more of them obese... EWWW
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Apparently it is "unprofessional" to leave notes saying "You are slowly killing your children" into all the Happy Meal boxes....I'm just trying to help people see how right I am! God!

hahaha!! This literally made me LOL at my desk .... :laugh: