My entire town is sabotaging me!!

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Really?
    You cant tell other people what to do. Especially not in the type of job you're in,

You're there to offer customer service.

I use to work as HEAD CHEF in a restaurant for two years- while I was on the Atkins. I didn't eat there especially since i could look over my counter and see everyone slammin bacon and sausage and everything in between.

Your manager is kind of right- Use willpower. Or leave your job.

You said your in that job because of the choices you have made in life.
    I will tell you what I told other fast food workers.

This is the life that you chose.

I am not living your life, MFP is not living your life. You are living your reality. If working at MickeyDs is a hinder to your life style change then YOU need to change it. Take some classes, start browsing other career paths. Do something where you don't have to be around people shoving their face with Death Nuggets.

Come on- If it's affecting you that you are actually getting enraged- then maybe you need to seek medical and professional help. Talk to someone about your feelings who is actually certified to help you.

Don't let this affect the way that you support yourself and your family and your livelihood.

There are plenty of other people who are searching for jobs and would be happy to have a second chance like you did.

YES.

31757201.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm standing on the outside looking in. And, from where I stand I can only see two (possibly three) solutions for your predicament. First, and easiest solution, would be to pack up and move from that stinkhole town full of sabateurs. Let them choke on their crispy, salty fries and McRibs...*kitten* deserve it!

Second, and slightly more complicated solution, would be to burn that f'n Mickey D's to the ground! Purge them with flame...but, only during a rush hour or when a couple of busses are there. The fatty, greasy customers will help feed the fire and in no time that place will be just a pile of smoldering ash. Kinda sucks to lose the play area, but in times of war there are sometimes unavoidable losses.

Third, and probably least effective solution, get them to all join MFP! I can't wait to read their message board posts about how they have been walking and cutting down on french fries and dollar drafts for two weeks and still haven't reached their goal weight and they want to quit.

Whatever you do, do not just quit. Then the bastages win! I would start suggestive selling the apple/walnut salad. No particular reason except that it's yummy. :smokin:

Nuke them from orbit, you say? Is it the only way to be sure?
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I guess I couldn't hear the sarcasm over the WHINING.

tumblr_lg2idyFyj21qdro83o1_400.gif
  • sullus
    Options

tumblr_lg2idyFyj21qdro83o1_400.gif

Uhhhh ... there was only sarcasm.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I go to McDonalds, I like the nonfat iced mochas, and once in a while i get my son a happy meal. he's a very tall and skinny 3 year old. not everyone who eats there is unhealthy and fat. skinny people want a burger once in a while too. honestly if someone put a note like that in my son's happy meal, i'd kick them. everyone has a right to decide what and where they want to eat. if you're worried about your weight, don't eat there. work somewhere else. go back to school. whatever, just don't force yourself or your views on other people. and if i was your boss i'd have fired you by now you're losing him/her business.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

i constantly feel a mix of guilt and shame.....

I used to feel that way. Then I learned to not *kitten* ALL the time. Sometimes you gotta eat or visit family.

Liar. When you visit me, you still do it all the time.

Well I love you and crap like that.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

Can I get a sneer with that?
  • sullus
    Options
    Once in a while I go to McDonalds, I like the nonfat iced mochas, and once in a while i get my son a happy meal. he's a very tall and skinny 3 year old. not everyone who eats there is unhealthy and fat. skinny people want a burger once in a while too. honestly if someone put a note like that in my son's happy meal, i'd kick their *kitten*. everyone has a right to decide what and where they want to eat. if you're worried about your weight, don't eat there. work somewhere else. go back to school. whatever, just don't force yourself or your views on other people. and if i was your boss i'd have fired you by now you're losing him/her business.

This thread just keeps delivering .. keeee-lassic.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You know, thinking about it. Just being around the smell of the food all day would be incredibly motivating for me not to eat the stuff.

The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.

Neither do you. Put your head down and focus on your work, instead of staring at and judging everyone else. Yo bidness. Mind it.

ETA: I realize this was supposed to be sarcastic and funny; I just found it weak.

A.k.a, I didn't get the joke, so I'm going to just say it was a bad joke.

Yup.....my thoughts exactly.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

OMG Do you even know how many calories are in a sneer????
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP!
  • jbutterflye
    Options

Shhh...don't spoil it, it's my sweet indulgence.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Go apply for a job at ModMarket, Garbanzo's or even Chipotle - the worst things on their menus are twice as healthy as the "healthiest" things at Burger Clown.

Chipotle Salad - Chicken, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa, Vinaigrette,
    Servings:
    Calories 760 Sodium 1945 mg
    Total Fat 36 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 7 g Total Carbs 73 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 16 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 7 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 44 g
    Cholesterol 115 mg

Mcdonalds - Egg Mcmuffin
    Servings:
    Calories 300 Sodium 780 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 220 mg
    Saturated 5 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
    Cholesterol 260 mg

I do not think the data agree with you.

In less than half the calories, you get more than twice the cholesterol.
    Fiber content (per calorie) is a factor of four higher in Chipotle salad

I stand by my argument
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Okay, so here's the deal. I've made some bad life choices and now I am a manager at McDonalds.Through swallowing my rage and increasing my recreational drug use, I've been able to deal with this in general...but now, I feel it is affecting my weight loss journey!

The thing is, we serve close to 1000 customers a day. I have to watch people order death nuggets and burgers of doom all day long, and see them cram them down their fat throats. 1000 times a day. How is this fair? If I'm not eating them, nobody should be! Don't they know I'm on a zero carb diet? Yet, they still order french fries! It's like, sabotage at it's finest.

Now, I looked up "support" in the MFP dictionary and it says that support is classified by everyone doing exactly what I do and agreeing with everything I say. These people are not supporting me which equals sabotage. I've tried complaining about it to my boss and he told me to just "focus on myself and use willpower" LOL WTF....does he know nothing about losing weight??

Not only is it hard for me to see people make their own decisions about what to put in their own bodies, it is also affecting my job security. Apparently it is "unprofessional" to leave notes saying "You are slowly killing your children" into all the Happy Meal boxes....I'm just trying to help people see how right I am! God!

I can't deal with the sabotage anymore. I don't know what to do besides rage quitting my job, severing all ties to the outside world and moving into a shack in the woods.If I deactivate my account today, you know where I'll be.

I think you need to run for Mayor...once you win declare it is now a dictatorship and then you can teach them a lesson. :happy:
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Really?
    You cant tell other people what to do. Especially not in the type of job you're in,

You're there to offer customer service.

I use to work as HEAD CHEF in a restaurant for two years- while I was on the Atkins. I didn't eat there especially since i could look over my counter and see everyone slammin bacon and sausage and everything in between.

Your manager is kind of right- Use willpower. Or leave your job.

You said your in that job because of the choices you have made in life.
    I will tell you what I told other fast food workers.

This is the life that you chose.

I am not living your life, MFP is not living your life. You are living your reality. If working at MickeyDs is a hinder to your life style change then YOU need to change it. Take some classes, start browsing other career paths. Do something where you don't have to be around people shoving their face with Death Nuggets.

Come on- If it's affecting you that you are actually getting enraged- then maybe you need to seek medical and professional help. Talk to someone about your feelings who is actually certified to help you.

Don't let this affect the way that you support yourself and your family and your livelihood.

There are plenty of other people who are searching for jobs and would be happy to have a second chance like you did.

My faith in humanity, shown in primate form:

81291039.gif
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

i constantly feel a mix of guilt and shame.....

I used to feel that way. Then I learned to not *kitten* ALL the time. Sometimes you gotta eat or visit family.

LMFAO..... Brett....you are my favorite. Just sayin'.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Shhh...don't spoil it, it's my sweet indulgence.

I can't let you sabotage yourself like that. Sneers are unhealthy! You need to stick to a strict sneer free diet. Clean facial expressions are the only way to guarantee weightloss and health. You want to be healthy don't you? DON'T YOU???
  • sullus
    Options
    Go apply for a job at ModMarket, Garbanzo's or even Chipotle - the worst things on their menus are twice as healthy as the "healthiest" things at Burger Clown.

Chipotle Salad - Chicken, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa, Vinaigrette,
    Servings:
    Calories 760 Sodium 1945 mg
    Total Fat 36 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 7 g Total Carbs 73 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 16 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 7 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 44 g
    Cholesterol 115 mg

Mcdonalds - Egg Mcmuffin
    Servings:
    Calories 300 Sodium 780 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 220 mg
    Saturated 5 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
    Cholesterol 260 mg

I do not think the data agree with you.

In less than half the calories, you get more than twice the cholesterol.
    Fiber content (per calorie) is a factor of four higher in Chipotle salad

I stand by my argument

It's an egg. There's that much cholesterol in an egg. Even the ones you cook at home.

I stand by mine.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    You think people would be grateful for the motivational notes you're providing. Those sound so sweet.

Really you should probably sue McDonald's. I understand that they provide free food to employees. That's basically first degree murder if I remember my Law & Order episodes correctly.

Finally, someone understands! I've always had a feeling you were the only true, supportive person on this site.

The idea of suing came to me as well, but Mariska Hargitay won't return my calls. I feel like she's in on the sabotage.

Mariska Hargitay is in SVU...now go watch Law & Order and learn the names!

Reported for not realizing SVU is the only Law and Order worth watching.

Reported for not realizing it sucks ever since Elliot left. :sad:

Grissom was my favorite. He'd eat a bug.
    Nah, Nick is better, since Grissom left, he's the one that would eat a bug and he looks better with his shirt off than Grissom does.... OP should contact Vincent d'Onofrio, he's on Law and Order: Criminal Intent, he would take care of it or go crazy on them!