My entire town is sabotaging me!!

Options
stephdeeable
stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
Okay, so here's the deal. I've made some bad life choices and now I am a manager at McDonalds.Through swallowing my rage and increasing my recreational drug use, I've been able to deal with this in general...but now, I feel it is affecting my weight loss journey!

The thing is, we serve close to 1000 customers a day. I have to watch people order death nuggets and burgers of doom all day long, and see them cram them down their fat throats. 1000 times a day. How is this fair? If I'm not eating them, nobody should be! Don't they know I'm on a zero carb diet? Yet, they still order french fries! It's like, sabotage at it's finest.

Now, I looked up "support" in the MFP dictionary and it says that support is classified by everyone doing exactly what I do and agreeing with everything I say. These people are not supporting me which equals sabotage. I've tried complaining about it to my boss and he told me to just "focus on myself and use willpower" LOL WTF....does he know nothing about losing weight??

Not only is it hard for me to see people make their own decisions about what to put in their own bodies, it is also affecting my job security. Apparently it is "unprofessional" to leave notes saying "You are slowly killing your children" into all the Happy Meal boxes....I'm just trying to help people see how right I am! God!

I can't deal with the sabotage anymore. I don't know what to do besides rage quitting my job, severing all ties to the outside world and moving into a shack in the woods.If I deactivate my account today, you know where I'll be.

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    They are deliberately sabotaging you, and I think you were right to put those notes in the happy meals. Your manager sucks - he should have helped you!

Try telling everyone you don't sell fries anymore - maybe that will help.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Rage quit.

Do it.
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    Rage quit.

Do it.

My job or MFP? OR BOTH? Stop being vague - that's sabotage!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    death nuggets and burgers of doom

Love it.
  • corn63
    Options
    Rage quit.

Do it.

ALL OF IT.

My GOD. Do I have to hold your hand? I'm not into hand holding. I SWEAR. EVERYBODY HERE WANTS THEIR HAND HELD!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You work there. Isn't that enough to make you puke at the thought of eating there?
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    Rage quit.

Do it.

ALL OF IT.

My GOD. Do I have to hold your hand? I'm not into hand holding. I SWEAR. EVERYBODY HERE WANTS THEIR HAND HELD!

I DON'T FIND THIS MOTIVATING AT ALL!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Apparently it is "unprofessional" to leave notes saying "You are slowly killing your children" into all the Happy Meal boxes....I'm just trying to help people see how right I am! God!

See there you go, your sending the wrong message. You need to put a note that says "I spit in your food" or "Enjoy this floor burger" or even "You ordered diet soda, but your already fat so enjoy the regular" I bet people will notice these more than some mcd's manager trying to tell me how to feed my fat kids.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    There's only one way to deal with sabotage:

tumblr_m0wcmbYAdD1rqfhi2o1_400_zps112efc6f.gif
  • RhonndaJ
    Options
    You know, thinking about it. Just being around the smell of the food all day would be incredibly motivating for me not to eat the stuff.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You think people would be grateful for the motivational notes you're providing. Those sound so sweet.

Really you should probably sue McDonald's. I understand that they provide free food to employees. That's basically first degree murder if I remember my Law & Order episodes correctly.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yummmmm Nuggets!!! I can flex a 20 piece by myself!!!! yummmm:bigsmile: I do love the Big Mac though!!:bigsmile:
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    You know, thinking about it. Just being around the smell of the food all day would be incredibly motivating for me not to eat the stuff.

The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    For some reason i was expecting to hear about torches and pitchforks when i read the title.
    But this is just as bad i guess.
  • corn63
    Options

The food isn't sabotaging me, the customers are. You don't have to see the look of glee on their fat faces while they're cramming it in.

Heh. You said "cramming it in."
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    You think people would be grateful for the motivational notes you're providing. Those sound so sweet.

Really you should probably sue McDonald's. I understand that they provide free food to employees. That's basically first degree murder if I remember my Law & Order episodes correctly.

Finally, someone understands! I've always had a feeling you were the only true, supportive person on this site.

The idea of suing came to me as well, but Mariska Hargitay won't return my calls. I feel like she's in on the sabotage.
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    For some reason i was expecting to hear about torches and pitchforks when i read the title.
    But this is just as bad i guess.

Are you implying I'm the town Beast? Reported.
  • RhonndaJ
    Options

But...but... but....

I mean... there they are, right in front of you, committing suicide, you should find some satisfaction in that... especially since your efforts in saving them have been thwarted.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Beastie-Boys-SabotageGratitude-224909-991.jpg