Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
I know it's a couple of weeks or more in advance, but it gives you time to get psyched up and to get your P90X DVDs dusted off and ready to go!

I completed one round a while go. I started a second round that I never completed because of my father becoming gravely ill and then passing away last summer. (Today would have been his 73rd birthday. Happy birthday, Dad.)

Anyway, I've been doing Slim in 6 and Slim Series since then and had great success, but I'm gearing up to do a kick-butt round of P90X and invite anyone else to join me who'd like to do the same.

If you've been thinking about giving it a try but don't have the program, you should have time to get it ordered and delivered by April 26. It comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee, so why not?

Here's a link if you want to check it out:
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/P90X?referringRepId=8062

Replies

• alisal0113
    Options
    Surprisingly I have been doing the EXACT same thing. I've been working my butt off with the Slim In 6 Series and my roommate has the P90X series.

April 26th, I am there. P90X here I come. That will be just in time to finish the series. I will be moving at the end of June and will want to finish up before then when my roommate and I will part ways.
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do different parts of the P90X.... the Yoga, Abs... and did I mention the Yoga!! haha and I do the "butt-kicking" cardio part occasionally! It's good stuff... I am sure if someone were to stick to the whole plan they would see fantabulous results... we just do it because it's fun!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I will join you. Gives me time to get my chin up bar set up and my mind in gear :)
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    Yikes, I don't think I'm ready to take it on yet, but I would love to support all who do! Here, here :drinker:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Cool! I'm glad to have Xers and supporters alike! Now that I've posted this, there's no changing my mind now! :happy:
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm open to giving it a shot! I've had my P90X for a few years now and have only tried one DVD so far. Last summer my partner and I decided to give Plyometrics a go. We had NO IDEA what we were getting into! It was one hour of pure torture! :sad: Now I'm no stranger to a strenuous workout. I may not do them very often, but I know what they feel like. I also don't consider myself to be whiny when the goin' gets tough .. but c'mon .. Plyometrics is no ordinary workout! The pain lasted for about a week, while my complaining went on for two. :grumble:

Now I'm over it and ready to try again. But this time I think I'll start with something easier. I'll get out my duster this weekend and familiarize myself once more with the DVD's. Hopefully, I'll be ready to "bring it" in a few weeks.

Looking forward to sharing this experience with everyone! :happy:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Lindaloo, you tried THE absolute hardest P90X workout there is! :laugh: When I did X before, I substituted Cardio X for the Plyo, but now that I weigh less, I am hoping I can do the Plyo without killing myself. It's nice to know there's a Plan B in case I can't. :tongue:

The second-toughest one is Yoga. My second, and failed, attempt at X, I substituted Stretch for Yoga, but I am going to do the Yoga faithfully this time.

I'm looking forward to our journey!
  • rosy54
    Options
    Hi Jill, just got your message and you're SO right ~ I think I'll give it a try after all! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    That's the spirit, Rosy! :happy:
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    Well now, don't I feel silly! :tongue: THE hardest workout, you say. I believe you! But it looked so easy .. like Grade 6 gym class. Probably a good time to remind myself I'm not in the sixth grade anymore.

I SO appreciate your comments, Jill .. because my next choice would have been Yoga. Why bother with THE hardest P90X workout when I can do the SECOND hardest workout. Good grief! What am I thinking?? :laugh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Well now, don't I feel silly! :tongue: THE hardest workout, you say. I believe you! But it looked so easy .. like Grade 6 gym class. Probably a good time to remind myself I'm not in the sixth grade anymore.

I SO appreciate your comments, Jill .. because my next choice would have been Yoga. Why bother with THE hardest P90X workout when I can do the SECOND hardest workout. Good grief! What am I thinking?? :laugh:
    You are so funny! :laugh: If you want to sample a P90X workout, a good all-around one in my opinion is Cardio X. It's been so long since I've done it that I can't remember if you use any weights or resistance bands with that one, but I remember thinking at the time that it was a good intro to P90X. My favorite workout is Kenpo X. It's just so much fun to punch and kick! :tongue:
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm in, but I will be doing the Lean program.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I'm in, but I will be doing the Lean program.
    I may do Lean too. I haven't decided yet. I keep changing my mind here, but right now I'm leaning toward Classic.
  • alisal0113
    Options
    I'm excited! I upped my workout this week. I'm working out twice as hard and a little longer every day. A week and a half before P90X!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    My fiance and I have been talking about ordering P90X for about 3 weeks now. I think we are finally going to give in and buy it this weekend. I'd love to start with you guys on 4/26!! No more procrastination...I'm ordering! :tongue:

Any suggestions for ordering it cheaper somewhere other than Beachbody website?
  • PJilly
    Options
    People I know who have gotten it cheaper end up not getting the whole program. Sometimes not all the DVDs are there. Sometimes the nutrition and/or fitness guides are missing. And then there's no money-back guarantee either if you decide you don't like it or one of the DVDs doesn't work, etc.

I am getting pretty jazzed for April 26. I have 90 percent made up my mind that I'm going to do the Classic version, but I reserve the right to change my mind between now and then! :tongue:
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hey Jill and everyone :smile:

This wanna B P90X-er.. is just following along.

I did take the fit test like a year ago and surprised myself on the push ups, but have forgotten how many though.

Break a leg everyone!! (GOOD LUCK)
  • rosy54
    Options
    My fiance and I have been talking about ordering P90X for about 3 weeks now. I think we are finally going to give in and buy it this weekend. I'd love to start with you guys on 4/26!! No more procrastination...I'm ordering! :tongue:

Any suggestions for ordering it cheaper somewhere other than Beachbody website?

I purchased mine on Kijiji for $70 and it was still sealed ~ everything was there!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Eleven days and counting...
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Question for you....and forgive me if this is a dumb one, but I'm a newbie! :tongue:

When you refer to the "lean version" vs the "classic", etc, are those different options with the DVDs (like a different choice all-together) or you just follow a different person on the video?

My fiance and I were thinking of doing it together. But he'll probably not want to do anything "lean".

Hope that's not too dumb and makes sense.