Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I will like to join, I am kind of on week 3, but having a real hard time sticking to it because I really hate working out to videos. But I still hit the gym real hard daily. Hopefully, having to post about it, will make me more accountable.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I must say to those that are going to to the pretest for this I couldn't do the stuff in the pretest. I started P90x anyways. I am a strong willed lady and I was going to do it. I started week 3 today and I feel awesome. When I first started I gave it my all but I also had to modify a few exercises. Heck I still can't do a full sit up without someone holding my feet down lol. But I am doing my best. I keep hitting the Play button every day. Even on the days that I am so tired and so sore I really don't want to. YOU can do it. Don't let the test tell you that you can't do it. Just do YOUR very best and keep hitting that play button. The first week is the worst once you get through it you are good to go. LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER :happy:

DO YOUR BEST AND FORGET THE REST
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 3! I wish someone would add the P90X workouts to the Exercise tab on here becuase I know doing 1 1/2 hours of Yoga X burns waaaaay more than 223 calories. :( Just doesn't seem fair.

According to the books, each workout burns an average of 600 calories. I wore my HRM the first week and not doing 100% I was getting the 600 cal average. Just plan on it!

Here is some info on Nutrition... http://www.thefitclubnetwork.com/2009/01/p90x-nutrition-plan-made-easy/

I was also able to print out the calendar--workouts on the beachbody site.

you really would benefit from wearing the hrm even during the strength training. and to enter it into exercise-just create your own custom stuff. i think you click add new exercise.
    plus, i keep all of my p90x stuff in cardio, not the strength trning so i can get the cals.

one final note, not everyone burns 600, so you really should get it verified. that # depends on your level of fitness. i'm not super buff and have done many of the dvd's (over 11 wks), but i usually just get 400 cals/session.

hth

jill--thanks for starting up this thread.
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mind if a guy joins in? I've had a false start with the program but really want to see it through this time. Actually started day 1 yesterday so will be a little off schedule. Have plyometrics tonight (I haaate it! But I looove it!). Really love the program, I'm going to have to do it in the early morning as it's the only time I can be sure life won't get in the way. And just found this site to help with nutrition, especially great with the iPhone app!

Good luck everyone!

Joe
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    Not at all, Joe! It'll be nice to have a little testosterone in here! :happy:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week 3! I wish someone would add the P90X workouts to the Exercise tab on here becuase I know doing 1 1/2 hours of Yoga X burns waaaaay more than 223 calories. :( Just doesn't seem fair.

According to the books, each workout burns an average of 600 calories. I wore my HRM the first week and not doing 100% I was getting the 600 cal average. Just plan on it!

Here is some info on Nutrition... http://www.thefitclubnetwork.com/2009/01/p90x-nutrition-plan-made-easy/

I was also able to print out the calendar--workouts on the beachbody site.

I only burn about 420 during Chest and Back plus Ab Ripper. I think it is around that number during all the strength training ones. I use a HRM so I am confident with that measurement. Before using a HRM I was not losing much. Looking back I see that I was over estimating how much I was burning. Now I have it down to what I really burn and the scale moves down every day
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well got all the way through plyometrics without stopping early for the first time! The first half definitely seems to be the toughest, just destroys my quads. I found myself shouting "I don't f'ing think so, Tony!" a couple times at the television but got through it. What an awesome workout! Good luck with day 1 tomorrow everyone!

Joe
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do?

I am doing the classic version so I did chest and back. Anyone else using the bands instead of doing pull-ups?

(Dr appoinment today hopfully will get an answer to what is going on with my leg.)

Well I hope everyone did well.

"Keep pushing play"
  • PJilly
    Options
    Let us know what you find out from the doc.

I'll be doing my workout around 10 a.m. Pacific time. I am going to attempt to do actual pull-ups, but I'll have my resistance band ready. I am 25 pounds lighter than last time I did P90X, so I am hoping that means I'll have more success with the pull-ups (and Plyo).

I'll let you all know how my workout went. Hope everybody's is great. Bring it!
  • ilovehkn
    ilovehkn Posts: 57
    Options
    I know you are starting today, and I started on Thursday, but I am still close enough to the beginning to join. I am sad that I don't have a pull up bar, but I do have the bands, and they feel like they work pretty good. Thanks for inviting me to join your group!!:bigsmile:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I started recovery week today. Lovin it!

I use the bands as I don't have a good place for a pull up bar currently. I am worried I am going to break them as I am stretching pretty far now after the 3rd week... I do feel much stronger!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started p90x today and would like to join your group! This is my first post in the forums but I have been logging here for several months. :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Well, I just finished Chest & Back. It feels weird to be doing P90X again after doing Slim in 6 and Slim Series for so long!

I used the pull-up bar and a chair, and let me tell you, I relied heavily on the chair! I wore my HRM, and it said I burned 222 calories. It'll be interesting to see what it says tomorrow for Plyo. That is, if I survive Plyo! Last time, I substituted Cardio X, but I want to give it my all this time. We'll see...
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hi all, I started p90x today and would like to join your group! This is my first post in the forums but I have been logging here for several months. :smile:
    Welcome! What did you think of your first day of X?
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    I'll be starting the lean program after soccer practice tonight, so I'll be doing the Core program. Wife says this is a killer but I'm still looking forward to it. On with the new adventure!!!!!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well I had intended to do the workout at 5am before my daughter awoke, but she got up early today. So I had to readjust and did it when she was napping at 10:30. I had already showered and dried my hair and had to start all over again after my workout - I was DRENCHED. LOL. Very intense but I enjoyed it (Core Synergistics)!
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    How did everyone do?

I am doing the classic version so I did chest and back. Anyone else using the bands instead of doing pull-ups?

(Dr appoinment today hopfully will get an answer to what is going on with my leg.)

Well I hope everyone did well.

"Keep pushing play"

I am on day 5 so I am doing legs and back with abs tonight, and I have been using the bands, because I do not have anywhere to install a pull up bar. I wish I did.
  • ilovehkn
    Options
    Well, I just finished Chest & Back. It feels weird to be doing P90X again after doing Slim in 6 and Slim Series for so long!

I used the pull-up bar and a chair, and let me tell you, I relied heavily on the chair! I wore my HRM, and it said I burned 222 calories. It'll be interesting to see what it says tomorrow for Plyo. That is, if I survive Plyo! Last time, I substituted Cardio X, but I want to give it my all this time. We'll see...

I am proud of you for using the pull-up bar even with the chair. That is still a big deal. Just tell yourself over and over again I love PLYO, that is what got me through it. That, and picturing my hot bod on the beach this summer.
  • annalisa85
    Options
    Hello all, I just started the lean program today (Core kicked my butt this morning!) and would love to join all of you. I'm fairly new to the mfp and am really glad to have such a huge support system already in place! I had a false start about a year ago and now really want to finish! Thanks for the info on how many calories you burn during each session. I'll probably low-ball it just to be on the safe side until I get a HRM. Thanks in advance for all the encouragement.

Annalisa
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I actually started a couple days ago, but I am happy to say...I AM STICKING WITH IT!!! I am feeling more in control of my eating and exercise than I have since I think October. It is a great feeling. I am so excited to see the transformation that we will all experience in the next 90 days. I have a vacation (3 WEEKS!) in June, but I will be taking my laptop that plays DVD's and all my equipment needed. I am NOT going to fail this time! I WILL get to my goal and I will be so happy when that day comes! :happy:

Thank you Jill for starting this up and I look forward to going through this journey with all of you.

Jessica :flowerforyou: