Join me in a round of P90X beginning 4/26/10

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    Not a dumb question at all!

The Classic version basically is three strength and three cardio workouts a week. The Lean version basically is two strength and four cardio workouts a week. The two versions are more alike than different, and you use the same workouts, just in different proportions. If I remember correctly, Lean has you doing Core Cardio instead of one of the strength workouts and then Cardio X instead of Plyometrics.

If you're a Beachbody member, you can go to Auto-Schedule in the WOWY SuperGym and view the two schedules to compare them. If you're not a member, you can sign up for free here:
    https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=8062

The Lean version is a *little* easier, but it's still a heck of a program! Hope that helps.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    OK Jill - I'm in....hold me to it!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Yay!!! And I will — don't worry! :laugh:
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    Okay, I guess it's time for me to step up from my P90 (regular) to P90X. Teh wife has done a couple of rounds and with us diong different workouts we hardly ever workout together unless I'm doing the Plyo or Cardio X DVD. I have trouble with my elbow and shoulder so I'm probably going to go the lean route, but I like the Plyo more than the Cardio X, so I will alternate between those two. 4/26...IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    4/26...IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!
    Love it!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can do the program or not. Kathy and Jill, what do you think? You both know me pretty well. My friend said I can borrow hers, but I'm afraid :indifferent: and not sure if I can do it. How long is each work out and how often do you do them?
  • PJilly
    Options
    The workouts are six days a week for 90 days. There's actually a test you can take to help you determine if you're ready for P90X. It's in the fitness guide that comes with the program. I'll see if I can find a copy of it to post. If not, I'll type it up and share it. :-)
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    The workouts are six days a week for 90 days. There's actually a test you can take to help you determine if you're ready for P90X. It's in the fitness guide that comes with the program. I'll see if I can find a copy of it to post. If not, I'll type it up and share it. :-)

That would be great, thank you!!! I don't want to actually get it from my friend unless I'm going to do the program. I'm not the best at returning things, so I don't want it unless I need it :O)
  • PJilly
    Options
    That was easy. You can download the P90X fit test right here:
    http://teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets
  • susankennedy
    susankennedy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the Lean track yesterday of the P90X program. 1st Day core was tough, but 2nd day cario was much easier!! I guess I know where I need the improvement!! Looking forward to checking back in a couple of weeks to see how everyone is doing that will be starting with you on 4/26/10. Good luck to all!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Congrats on starting yesterday, Susan! Thanks for joining our group. :smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I'm not sure if I can do the program or not. Kathy and Jill, what do you think? You both know me pretty well. My friend said I can borrow hers, but I'm afraid :indifferent: and not sure if I can do it. How long is each work out and how often do you do them?
    I realized I didn't answer all of your questions. Most of the workouts are just under an hour, but on the strength-training days (two or three a week, depending on whether you do Lean or Classic), you add abs, which is about 15 minutes. Yoga is the one long one, and it's an hour and a half.
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options

I also found that they have an amazing Excel program on that page to track EVERYTHING you do during the 90 days, I am getting revved up and ready to start Monday!
  • PJilly
    Options

I also found that they have an amazing Excel program on that page to track EVERYTHING you do during the 90 days, I am getting revved up and ready to start Monday!
    Thank you for pointing that out. I've seen it there and never checked it out till now. It's impressive!
  • RiverJen
    RiverJen Posts: 4
    Options
    Newbie here! How do you track the P90X exercises in MFP? I tried to search P90X and nothing came up.

Thanks in advance!

-RJ
  • PJilly
    Options
    I haven't decided for sure how I'm going to track them. A couple of options I've considered are wearing my HRM, setting my weight loss goal at 1/2 pound a week, and eating my exercise calories – OR – setting my goal for maintenance and then not eating my exercise calories. It's going to take some trial and error for me to figure out what feels right and works well for me. I won't be trying to lose much weight doing P90X. I'm nearly to my goal right now, which is why I feel like I'm ready to focus on building more strength for a few months.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided for sure how I'm going to track them. A couple of options I've considered are wearing my HRM, setting my weight loss goal at 1/2 pound a week, and eating my exercise calories – OR – setting my goal for maintenance and then not eating my exercise calories. It's going to take some trial and error for me to figure out what feels right and works well for me. I won't be trying to lose much weight doing P90X. I'm nearly to my goal right now, which is why I feel like I'm ready to focus on building more strength for a few months.

Most women need 1800 calories to lose weight on P90X.

You can look up your needs here http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs though women often end up going for 1800 after seeing that number, hehe.

I just started Week 6 of Round 2 but add me if you like!
  • purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Count me in I am going to do the lean version.
  • PJilly
    Options

Most women need 1800 calories to lose weight on P90X.

You can look up your needs here http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs though women often end up going for 1800 after seeing that number, hehe.

I just started Week 6 of Round 2 but add me if you like!
    Hey there, ghanie and purdygrl. Nice to have you join us! I've actually done P90X before. I followed the nutrition plan to the letter, but I really didn't care for it. I know it works really well for some, so I'm not going to bash it, but I didn't like it for me at all. I'll figure it out with MFP. My maintenance calories now are 1,750, so that's probably not a bad starting point. :smile:
  • mrsnych
    mrsnych Posts: 7
    Options
    hey jill, I just started the P90 X program a few days ago. i would like the support- should i just restart when you guys do or can i still follow along!
    i'm doing the lean program on day 4 phase 1