1789101113»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Mercola is a crook. Quack. Idiot. Con-artist.
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Ok, its still crap and poisonous. Adding this crap to sodas along with HFC in the 80s and the obesity rate suddenly rising from the 80s is NO coincidence.

Haters are users or corporate defenders/employees. So, the truth is its crap and always will be. AMA is in bed with the FDA and keeping their pockets fat by slowly killing the public.

It's not rocket science to see the amount of sodium fast food joints add to their food and just look at the people eating there. They are NOT the healthy people you see on commercials. Hmm...sudden increase in heart disease and diabetes? Really? Read the labels...again NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Ok, its still crap and poisonous. Adding this crap to sodas along with HFC in the 80s and the obesity rate suddenly rising from the 80s is NO coincidence.

Haters are users or corporate defenders/employees. So, the truth is its crap and always will be. AMA is in bed with the FDA and keeping their pockets fat by slowly killing the public.

It's not rocket science to see the amount of sodium fast food joints add to their food and just look at the people eating there. They are NOT the healthy people you see on commercials. Hmm...sudden increase in heart disease and diabetes? Really? Read the labels...again NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

th_onoz_omg2.gif
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

tinfoil hat much? And post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

tinhat.jpg
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Labeling someone is just a way to deflect your own inabilities to understand what is happening around you. Keep eating the bull**** they feed you and enjoy your heart attack and cancers. They need statistic's like you

OMG, he went there, tinfoiler, I bet he believes in aliensh too..shomygawd label him quick.

If you didn't eat the crap they fed you...you wouldn't be @MFP trying to lose the crap you ate. Think about it.

/end
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Obesity is a result of aspartame. Got it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

What, a sudden increase in white collar vs. blue collar/agricultural jobs that also took place in the 80s with the rise of new technologies and service economy didn't have anything to do with it? Which coincided with an increase in fast food and a decrease in exercise?

Thanks for for the necromancy, though!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    this **** be cray cray. why do these threads ALWAYS get so big? haven't we all said our bit yet?

some people think aspartame is bad and don't want to ingest it. good for them!

some people think aspartame is fine and want to ingest it. good for them!

neither side will ever convince the other side they're wrong - on any issue - but this one particularly. just stopppppp
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    All ingredients will be on the label by law. The issue isnifnthey have to change the front packaging on milk so that is days something that indicates that it's sweetened with an artificial sweetener. It's not like they can put something in there without telling us.

From the USDA:

"“The Food and Drug Administration’s food labeling regulations require all food products that use ‘non-nutritive’ (or non-caloric) sweeteners — such as Stevia, sucralose and aspartame — to clearly list them in the ingredients list on their packaging. This petition would not change that, and consumers would continue to see at a glance whether or not a product contains sweeteners of this sort.”

I personally would like the option to drink chocolate milk sweetened with sugar free sweetener. They pump sweetness milk with the same amount of sugars that they put in soda and then thy feed that to our kids for breakfast everyday at school. I think id we should be worried about anything it should be what kind if milk they are already feeding out children.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm intolerant to aspartame, it makes me ill. So no, I really don't agree AT ALL with it going in food without it being on the label

Also, I don't get this whole thing about putting *anything* in food without listing it on the ingredients.... for every food or additive that exists, you can probably find someone, somewhere who's allergic or intolerant to it. And people have the right to choose what they eat and don't eat. They can put what they like in processed food as far as I'm concerned, but I at the very least want to be able to read the list of ingredients and make my own choice about whether or not I eat food that contains any particular ingredient.

Unless I'm missing something major, no one said anything about putting aspartame into anything without putting it on the label.

Instead of adding sugar or HFCS to "chocolate milk" they would add aspartame or sucralose or whatever. It would still be on the label.

No, it wouldn't...

"Dairy industry groups have asked the Food and Drug Administration to be able to put artificial sweeteners in milk, and not change the label, claiming that it is so consumers can "more easily identify its overall nutritional value".

hat's actually in there. This proposal takes away my ability to make an informed choice, based on my personal needs.

You're wrong. It's only talking about the front of Caron labeling. Go and read the actual request.