What are you going to eat when you reach GW?

Options

Replies

• ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    frabz-eat-all-the-things-74b50b.jpg

Seriously though, I will probably continue with MFP set to maintain... have the odd splurge day here and there ;) Like pizza, I miss pizza.

I eat pizza all the time, I love it!. Just make it smaller with whole grain dough and lots of veggies on top and your good to go. ;)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Same food I eat now. just more of it ...

AND!

New York cheesecake stuffed with chocolate covered strawberries ; )
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight about a month ago and didn't celebrate, just traded it for a new body fat goal. The last time I celebrated a weight loss goal with food it sent me back into bad habits with my "Oh, I can do this now because I am thin and my body will just magically stay thin no matter what!" And I gained back 10 pounds.

Some say pizza or burgers but I've never been a fan of the grease bomb. Some people are saying they will eat more of their usual diet that allows for an occasional splurge, which I already do. I read about someone planning to eat an entire tray of brownies. That sounds appealing but since I generally eat clean, brownies taste like crap any more. sigh.....

I think I will enjoy drinking my calories more often. Alcohol makes everything a celebration!
  • Puppies are rewarded with food treats, not humans.

Thisssss. You are not a dog, do not reward yourself with food. If I really want to eat something, I will eat it. I don't consider it a reward.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Puppies are rewarded with food treats, not humans.

Thisssss. You are not a dog, do not reward yourself with food. If I really want to eat something, I will eat it. I don't consider it a reward.

Why do you hate puppies?
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want now. When I'm not calorie cutting ill just have a little bit more.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!! And Bruster's Ice Cream.

I know people don't consider popcorn a really bad snack, but when you have a crazy addiction to it as I do, and can sit and happily eat an entire bag of extra butter popcorn, every single day, without sharing (how dare you ask for some, go pop your own!), that might be an issue while I'm losing. Once I get to goal weight, I can increase my caloric intake at the maintenance level, and could afford the calorie splurge. Right now, I'll pass.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is a horrible way to celebrate and why aren't you just eating all the foods you like anyway?

Who are you? The celebration police?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I never thought of it! I think I will continue to eat the foods I'm eating now, just more of them! There's nothing I'm not already eating. I have cookies, cake, ice cream, pizza ect. Only the trick is moderation.
    The thing about food is that EVERYTHING is okay in moderation! I believe in 80% diet and exercise, 20% indulgence. If you want a cookie, indulge, just don't eat the whole box!
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I personally chose clean eating as a lifestyle now.

I still get to make & eat carbs, sweets, and such as long as it's organic & non-gmo.

After i reach my GW, i'll only indulge in fast/junk "food" at least once a month or so.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    a salad
  • zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I eat how I like, I wouldn't choose to reward myself with food after all that. I do plan on rewarding myself with some cute clothes.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    What I eat currently every day!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I reach goal, I'm buying a new outfit :). By the way, the number you see is not my ultimate goal weight loss number. I want to lose between 75 and 85 pounds total.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I never thought of it! I think I will continue to eat the foods I'm eating now, just more of them! There's nothing I'm not already eating. I have cookies, cake, ice cream, pizza ect. Only the trick is moderation.
    The thing about food is that EVERYTHING is okay in moderation! I believe in 80% diet and exercise, 20% indulgence. If you want a cookie, indulge, just don't eat the whole box!

Absolutely this! I think this sets you up mentally to keep the weight off, because if you see it as temporary deprivation, the minute you hit your goal you will be 'free' to eat how you like, at least that's how I personally would be, so I just eat a lot less of whatever I like, or make healthy options of my favourite junk food to make it good for me!

I personally am rewarding myself with leather pants, I don't care who thinks what of that, I want them and I will get them! Swuats aren't for nothing. :D
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I think of the OP and read thru the posts I realize that the only thing I've thought about in terms of rewards along the way have been clothes. Not really a clothes hound or fashionista, but it's lovely to daydream about a simple outfit that wouldn't be so bumpy! Though I wasn't overweight until adulthood, I do recognize that I've been an emotional eater my whole life. I'm just beginning my journey but so happy to realize that right now I don't have an edible answer to this question! That said...I think it's perfectly fine to have a celebratory meal at the end. I'm sure I'll come up with something by the time I reach GW.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal OP (seeing as how this thread was started in February) but I won't eat anything special when I reach goal. I eat what I want already.

As a matter of fact I don't have anything special planned out for when I reach goal, since I'm the type to do, get, or buy whatever I want when I want it, but now you have me thinking. Hmmm, what to do when I reach goal as a present to me.....maybe a trip? Or a bottle of my favorite vodka? Or an expensive new dress? Something to think about. I never really thought about awarding myself for reaching goal but that sounds fun!

I'll think about it. Maybe I'll go bungee jumping. I've been wanting to do that for as long as I can remember.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am now a little less than 5 pounds away from my goal weight. My husband asked me what I wanted to eat when I finally reach it.... oh my goodness. There is a list. First thing - bacon and cheese Whataburger Jr. And then I started drooling. And some chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Honestly, though. I am afraid to even open pandoras box. I am so afraid to gain this weight back. But, I will splurge. One night.... after a long run. And I will feel sick and sluggish, but I will bask in my glory!

What will you eat when you reach your goal weight?

I eat what I want as I'm going along. Just not as much of it as I did before. My goal related rewards are more along the lines of new clothes and vacations. Not food.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, listen to everyone sounding so pious. It's a lifestyle change...
    .you eat the same things...you should treat yourself now...yes, we know. But when you stop eating at a deficit you have 500 extra calories to work with which is enough for a cheeseburger or a shake. I'm going to have a big stack of pancakes.