What are you going to eat when you reach GW?

Options
123457»

Replies

• annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    the same food, but slightly more
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yeah, food is not a reward I have planned for when I hit my goal weight. Like many of the other posters, I eat moderate amounts of whatever I want on a daily basis so I never feel deprived. Goals and rewards are definitely important though, but new clothes, electronics, jewelry etc are far more motivating than the thought of a piece of chocolate cake that I can have whenever I have the calories to spare for it.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am now a little less than 5 pounds away from my goal weight. My husband asked me what I wanted to eat when I finally reach it.... oh my goodness. There is a list. First thing - bacon and cheese Whataburger Jr. And then I started drooling. And some chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Honestly, though. I am afraid to even open pandoras box. I am so afraid to gain this weight back. But, I will splurge. One night.... after a long run. And I will feel sick and sluggish, but I will bask in my glory!

What will you eat when you reach your goal weight?
    well i have a long way to go, about 70 more lbs, but I am going to eat what i eat now. I never was a big fan of the fast food (luckily), and i will probably continue to indulge "on rare occasions" just like i do now. I don't want to get into the trap of "when i *finish* this *diet* i will eat this and that" because (for me ) that is a surefire way to go back the on the road i don't want to go on. I am seeing this as "change" and it is the "new road" for me.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Same thing I eat now. The goal should be to aim for a healthy LIFE not just reach a certain weight and then go back to a non-healthy lifestyle.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... Isn't the whole idea not to deprive ourselves of anything ... If you go back to old habits then that's not good.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    O my goodness. I'm gone try to stay eating clean. I have cheat days badly. Some days
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Well... at a moment I eat more or less the same amount of calories as I would need at maintenance (but at my current weight the same amount of calories is a deficit). So I guess I would eat more or less the same as now.

I don't have a food that I liked and didn't eat during the time I was here on MFP. I just eat smaller (to very small :laugh: ) portions of them. Or I really earned them. Like eating less during the day and working out a lot to fit in some indulgence meal. For me, earning the `right` to eat high calorie foods was almost a self-taight life lesson.
  • fayemal
    fayemal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's a 'horrible' way to celebrate. A burger king sounds soooooo nice.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have less than 10lbs to lose....Once I reach my goal weight vegetable pizza sound good for me and back to the I eat now. Do not want to put the weight back on
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    What I've been eating now.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Same things I eat now, whatever I want, in moderation.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Considering I didn't cut anything out of my diet when I was losing, I eat the same now at maintenance. Currently eating a slice of pepperoni pizza.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I will eat all the things I do now
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    the same things I eat now