What are your deal breakers?

Options

Replies

• has a y chromosome.

Pretty much this.

Even if there was no way of knowing their chromosomes? Even if everything had been taken care of in the nether regions? Even if they were a lovely lady who just so happened to have been born with a y chromosome?

(I'm just wondering! Not meant to sound like I'm offended or anything. I just know of some GORGEOUS trans women who any dude would be lucky to have. Like this one:
    carmenlittle_zps9117bb86.png

Even if I were a heterosexual dude, I wouldn't let that y chromosome stop me with her....)
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Patronizing, whining (a very short lived "relationship" that was lol!, having no sense of humor, being too materialistic, closed-minded, emotionally withdrawn and unavailable, lying/utrustworthy/deceptive, abusive in any way.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    -If they don't like all animals or at least can't tolerate them (tarantualas included)
    -No post secondary schooling and doesn't live on their own.
    -If they don't like to laugh... I am always the funny one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Beating & Cheating: Started saying this when I was a girl & stuck to it ever since. Easy to remember cause it rhymes.

Since then I've noticed I don't tolerate smokers, whiners, moochers, or losers very well either.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    I generally avoid those that are disrespectful, liars, lack hygiene, have no sense of humour, and people who are vapid. :glasses:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hmm, i love me a smoker and a drinker, they are the most fun.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Disliking cats.
    Sorry, but if you're not a cat person, I'm not a you person.

^^^ This
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Outside of some obvious things such as a liar I would say a "princess" who expects or feels entitled to much with a stunning obtuseness and lack of willingness regarding sharing in the developing of a relationship.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    teh stoopid
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Failure to grasp 30 Rock references in a thread title is an absolute deal breaker for me.

*takes notes*
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Smoking, owning or plan to own multiple big dogs, not wanting a cat.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    clingy-ness
    having no friends of his own
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    1) Kids. Before the lambasting, let me tell you that I would be a TERRIBLE mother. I plan on not EVER having children (and closing in on 32, I feel this is becoming more a certainty.) I would not be able to responsibly handle a partner's children and that would negatively affect our relationship. Best not to get into it to begin with.

Also, kids know when your parent's gf/bf doesn't like them and they often take that as a sign that the parent loves their partner more than them. I'd hate to put a kid in that position.

2) Not wanting pets. Sorry, pets are non-negotiable. Some of these animals were in my life LOOOONG before you and you are not so special as to make me toss them onto the street. If you're allergic? Not sure how I'd handle that, since it wouldn't be their fault.
    1) You don't have to explain not wanting kids, or kids being a deal-breaker in a potential relationship. Completely understandable.

2) As a parent and a pet owner, I will tell you that responsible pet ownership and responsible parenting aren't that dissimilar. My kids love their crates.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    In for the ATM reference I'm pretty sure is coming.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Lying, manipulating, general deviousness are deal-breakers... intelligence and ability to have FUN are a must.

Lack of libido, lack of interest in health and wellness, and anti-alcohol are deal-shakers (not the end of the line but definitely cause some re-evaluating).
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1) mental manipulation
    2) bashing or intolerance of other races, religions, sexes, and stereotypes, etc. Already deal with it at home, don't want it in a spouse....tyvm.
    3) Always depressed or sad about stuff, or pessimistic attitudes. Be happy for crying out loud!
    ETA: 4) poor animal care/abuse/animal haters. As a vet tech in training, my spouse MUST at least tolerate animals. Using prong collars or shock collars is a HUGE no-no with me, as is poor training or lack of care and irresponsible owners.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Been so long since I have had to worry about it, I dunno anymore. I guess thinking about it though...

Don't like smoking, I know that.
    Don't like couch potatos, I know that.
    Not too particular about body composition, but I want them to be able to keep up and be active. Yup.
    No drunks, I KNOW that.
    No drugs, for sure.
    No house wife. I like them to have their own ambitions, careers, activities, etc.
    Gotta be family oriented.
    Can't be an atheist, but agnostic is all good.
    Cannot be materialistic.
    Probably not a good match for a city girl.

Yeah, stuff like that.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Disliking cats.
    Sorry, but if you're not a cat person, I'm not a you person.

Haha this! My cats are my children (as I do not like real children) luckily my bf feels the same :P
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Immaturity
    (a lot falls under that)

Of if I don’t like kissing you.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    ok well.....wish i woulve known myself better 9yrs ago................

DRUGS- NO!!! no such thing as a "recreational drug user" either u are or u are not
    possesive- jealousy sooooo not cute!