To all you mothers out there...

Options
12346»

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

MjAxMi0zYTZlODhlYmU0Yzg3MDFl.png

ummmmmm 16 months would equal ONE and a QUARTER years old. And, really, after 18 months it is kind of goofy to be talking about months.

But, when they are 6 and it's half way to their next birthday, don't you DARE forget to say 6 and a HALF! My 6 year old blasts me on that one every single time!!

It's actually one and a third.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    You are going to do well on this site. I can tell already.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months." He's two will do just fine. He's not aged cheese. And I didn't care in the first place. - Thanks for letting me rant.

Why did you ask then?

^^This.

What an odd thing to rant about.
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Math is hard...
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    most parents, not just mothers, I know go months until age 2 because of developmental milestones. a 16 month old can/should do different things than a 20 month old. It's science. Also, I think clothing sizes make a difference as well, 12/18/24/months...etc. I can't believe I actually answered this thread in a serious manner.

I kinda adore you for answering this way :flowerforyou:

^^This^^ and when you have a child that is much bigger than their peers, sometimes it's necessary to point out their age, because when it's assumed they're older, higher expectations are also assumed (my boy and girl are both very tall for their age, and this happens A LOT).

That being said, I can't believe no one has posted a clip from "Grown Ups" . . . Breastfeeding boy . . . how old is your boy? 48 months . . . LMAO

This. And my oldest is a 6 ft tall 163 month old (that would be 13 yrs 7 months for those math challenged folks out there) so I still have to tell people how old he is, LOL.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother to one...hang on let me count... 43 month old or 3 and half year old. LOL! It drives me nuts when parents use months instead of years past age 1.5
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    That was rude, BUT true! haha!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months." He's two will do just fine. He's not aged cheese. And I didn't care in the first place. - Thanks for letting me rant.

Why did you ask then?

Hey everyone! I asked a stupid question and I got a stupid answer!

Lets rant about it!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I'm with the Op here - if it is not ok to bring your new puppy into work, why is it ok to bring in your new baby and expect everyone to go cooing over it - even worse expect people to have a whip round to help pay for the bloomin thing. I mean, goodness me, you got it for free, right!

Sheesh!